Lycée Louis Pasteur Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
A great company
Head of School (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 August 2013
A very invaluable experience, a dynamic and motivating institution to work for!
European place with activities that follow the French Curriculum
teaching-assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 June 2012
I worked in the Maternelle building with preschoolers (4-year-old children). A typical day work includes some routines( arrival time, bathroom time, cleanup time, snack/lunch time, nap time, departure time). Then circle time, story time, reading, writing, painting, 3 recesses every day (if weather permit), going to the gym, in the big school, going to the library in the big school, 4 fieldtrips/ year and so on. Everything was in French, or at least, we tried to be in French. I was assisting the French teacher, not because I'm not able to do activities by myself, but because she was French, from France. Actually I finished all my classes and practicum that Child Care Edmonton require for Early Childhood Certificate (formerly Level II), but my colleague-teacher will finish, probably, next year. Back home, in Romania, I was a French/Romanian teacher in high school for 10 years. In 2007, I was one of the teachers that wrote tests for the National Exam (at the end of grade 12) for the whole country (I have the book printed by a famous Publishing from Romania). I was in good relationship with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the big noise every day (it's normal, they are children), and the most enjoyable part of the job was children's feedback, smiles and little presents "just for you" and of course the long vacations.
What I learned here? Lots of things about French culture, I even improved my French, and because I had to go to take classes at Bow Valley College, right now I write/speak English much better than when I was hired, in January 2009.
Next year, I hope, I
  more... will find a job that fits me better. I think I prefer to work with adults. I'm very friendly and I've been told, very charismatic. I like to help people, Canadians or immigrants. With some training, I learn eveything fast. I said next year, because since June 1st 2012, I'm in maternity leave, the due date is at the end of this month. It's my first baby and I'm very excited and very nervous in the same time. With a little luck, his birthday (is a boy) will be the same day as mine: July 1st=Canada Day). Anyway, we became Canadian citizens in the same time (May 31st 2012).  less
Pros
three months and a half payed vacations
Cons
too much noice, everybody agree with this, especially in the afternoons