LXR&CO

LXR&CO Employee Reviews

Fun people and work place-- management? not so much
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2019
I learned how to maintain cash at this job-- my first real exposure
the system was a little old so I feel I did learn the hardest system.
My co-workers were great! i loved working with them however there was a lot of manegerial drama which was flooded unto the workers such as no manager at the store some days as she had to go visit other locations leaving the workers to deal with issues ourselves-- oftentimes we would get in trouble for this however we did not have the needed support
professional and fun place to be
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto Queen Street26 March 2018
worked at the Queen street location. The team was welcoming and professional , not to mention knowledgeable and helpful. The manager was wonderful to work for. He does not micro-manage and gives you space to operate in your own style.
I can not speak for other locations, but my experience at the Queen Street Hudson's bay location was memorable.

The regional manager will most likely give you your second interview, and will stop in to the store regularly. She is very personable and encouraging, which is refreshing.

The system in place at my location was was very advanced with full access to the store's and companies inventory. You are able to fully assist your clients in the most professional manner.

If you are considering a career with LXRandCo and have passion for luxury goods and customer service, I strongly recommend this company.
Pros
Half hour paid lunches with the option of an hour break .
Cons
late nights as it is under mall hours.
You will regret it. Don't do it.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
This is the worst company I've ever worked for.

I worked hard and cared about doing well at my newly-opened location. I wish I wasn't so optimistic - the reality was, this was only a temporary gig with an untrustworthy employer.

A few months after our opening, the company introduced me to a new team member; I worked with her and welcomed her to the team, and in the afternoon, they fired me - just like they did to a former colleague weeks prior. I've never heard of a workplace where one works with their replacement and is fired hours later. I now realize this is probably the reason why, a week before, my hours were eliminated from the schedule. When I asked my manager about this, I received no answer. The company surely does not have the basic decency or etiquette to treat their employees with respect.

My location was in a department store, and there was no real training provided performing transactions on the department store's register. On one of my first shifts, I was expected to close the register on my own - since there was no other LXR employee around to help me, the department store's employees helped me out.

There was no orientation done regarding working in the department store itself. We asked our manager many times to set it up, but nothing happened. Where was shipping? How do we receive large boxes? We had no idea. At one point, I carried a box that contained a handbag shipment down the escalator. The department store's Health and Safety team called me out for not following safety protocols. Understood. But how would I have known? We weren't given proper
  more... orientation. I guess the company did not want to put us through it if they were going to let us go anyway.

The commission structure is measly, and the sales goals are unrealistic.

The items are overpriced. I deem many of the goods unworthy of their price point, considering their horrible condition.

I would rate this place a zero if I could.

Do not waste your time. Do not work here.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Everything else
Do not waste your time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 February 2017
I worked at LXR & CO
for a short time must of been the strangest experience ever.
The manager and the co worker in store were pleasant and nice. The business is slow and boring.
You are give about 30 different passwords to enter different things. They seem to always come up with a new way of doing things. When you do product knowledge you have to watch the weirdest video of the president and team member from the head office.
You receive about 5 emails a day about things that do not concern you.
The clients were the best part but the company is odd. They are not very stable.
Always come up with a new way of doing things. New rule , new wrapping method,new sales approach, new display. Get things right once and for all. I find they are not very professional in how they handle employees.
They are back stabbers not to be trusted.
They used me for holiday season then fired me right after and this was suppose to be long term as I left another job to work for them.
Big mistake!
Pros
No pros
Cons
Ugly old environment
Untrustworthy company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 January 2017
Unfortunately this company is very untrustworthy. They act very kindly but backstab you little by little. Nice colleagues. No benefits and temporary job (even though they do not disclose that to you) be aware and good luck.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Benefits, hours, Hq, management, sales goal
Manager is wierd
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2017
Dont trust the managers they lie!!!....
Very desorganized not honest management
compagny is wierd.You have to work twice hard to get your sales up.Stressful place .There very desperate to hired people the way they need to fill up there store.The only people you trust is your coworkers not the manager.Please this place ain't a job is a waste of time ...you'll see for yourself once your in.
Pros
Lunch Break
Cons
Manager, Pay, Environement
Nice company but bad management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 October 2016
The concept of the company is really good. I loved the work in general, and it's pretty easy to sell bags and jewellery when u know the products. But I found the formation very poor. There was no really training. They should hire less but invest in people who knows how to really deal with employees and invest more time on formation.
Pros
pay per hour is good
Cons
commission system complicated, long hours
Working there is interesting....
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 October 2016
The workplace is alright.
Good with coworkers.
Payday sucks.
Poor benefit.
The way they recruit people is weird because they take who ever it is so they can have enough employees to hired not professional to me.They rip off customers with there products especially the prices.There commission is complicated. And the managements is not good and its unorganized.
Pros
Lunch hours are fine .thats all
Cons
Management, Commissions, Customers
Customer relations
CUSTOMER CARE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 April 2016
Fantastic young company on the rise fo further success. Excellent group of young professionals all excited and in love with their jobs. One of the best companies I have worked for.