LXR&CO

LXR&CO Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Toronto, ON4 reviews
Fun people and work place-- management? not so much
I learned how to maintain cash at this job-- my first real exposure
the system was a little old so I feel I did learn the hardest system.

My co-workers were great! i loved working with them however there was a lot of manegerial drama which was flooded unto the workers such as no manager at the store some days as she had to go visit other locations leaving the workers to deal with issues ourselves-- oftentimes we would get in trouble for this however we did not have the needed support
professional and fun place to be
worked at the Queen street location. The team was welcoming and professional , not to mention knowledgeable and helpful. The manager was wonderful to work for. He does not micro-manage and gives you space to operate in your own style.
I can not speak for other locations, but my experience at the Queen Street Hudson's bay location was memorable.

The regional manager will most likely give you your second interview, and will stop in to the store regularly. She is very personable and encouraging, which is refreshing.

The system in place at my location was was very advanced with full access to the store's and companies inventory. You are able to fully assist your clients in the most professional manner.

If you are considering a career with LXRandCo and have passion for luxury goods and customer service, I strongly recommend this company.
Pros
Half hour paid lunches with the option of an hour break .
Cons
late nights as it is under mall hours.
You will regret it. Don't do it.
This is the worst company I've ever worked for.

I worked hard and cared about doing well at my newly-opened location. I wish I wasn't so optimistic - the reality was, this was only a temporary gig with an untrustworthy employer.

A few months after our opening, the company introduced me to a new team member; I worked with her and welcomed her to the team, and in the afternoon, they fired me - just like they did to a former colleague weeks prior. I've never heard of a workplace where one works with their replacement and is fired hours later. I now realize this is probably the reason why, a week before, my hours were eliminated from the schedule. When I asked my manager about this, I received no answer. The company surely does not have the basic decency or etiquette to treat their employees with respect.

My location was in a department store, and there was no real training provided performing transactions on the department store's register. On one of my first shifts, I was expected to close the register on my own - since there was no other LXR employee around to help me, the department store's employees helped me out.

There was no orientation done regarding working in the department store itself. We asked our manager many times to set it up, but nothing happened. Where was shipping? How do we receive large boxes? We had no idea. At one point, I carried a box that contained a handbag shipment down the escalator. The department store's Health and Safety team called me out for not following safety protocols. Understood. But how would I have known? We weren't given proper
 - more...
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Everything else
Manager is wierd
Dont trust the managers they lie!!!....
Very desorganized not honest management

compagny is wierd.You have to work twice hard to get your sales up.Stressful place .There very desperate to hired people the way they need to fill up there store.The only people you trust is your coworkers not the manager.Please this place ain't a job is a waste of time ...you'll see for yourself once your in.
Pros
Lunch Break
Cons
Manager, Pay, Environement
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at LXR&CO?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at LXR&CO. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4