Luxottica Employee Review

Great Company to work for.
Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TN5 November 2013
I have worked at Luxottica/Cole Vision for 13 years. Great company to work for. I've always been impressed with the Management over the years and even though its a very big company, we have always had a close relationship with management and coworkers. Unfortunately our plant is closing. Although no fault of our own. We had the best numbers in the network. Our building wasn't as large as the other 3 plants located in US and they could save money by growing them.
Pros
Good pay and benefits and family type atmosphere.
Cons
Very stricked attendence policy - occurence even with doctors note.

Other Luxottica Employee Reviews

I learnt alot with this company.
Licensed Optician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2018
I learn how to develop my skills and get ready for changes in business advertising and merchandising. It helped to be able work with big group of people and go through big team work.
Nothing too special
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON15 April 2018
Working at SGH as an associate was great. The commission structure and bonuses such as contests were great incentives.

As part of management however, it is much more stressful. Oftentimes, upper management (DM, RM, FT) uses intimidation to drive their managers towards their goals. The commission structure was changed and now it is pointless to put in extra effort to make a sale (for associates and management team) because you might make enough to pay for a coffee at Starbucks per paycheque if your store makes goal. Scheduling is needlessly complicated and difficult. The company should use something more like the Sling app.

RM/RT changed often while I worked for them and therefore was difficult to maintain continuity in training style, expectations, and knowledge about stores. Because of this, it was difficult to address issues or establish trust between team members.

A huge positive however, was my team. Our store was a very well oiled machine!
Pros
benefits extend to spouses and dependents, $500 towards sunglasses yearly, $1000 towards prescription eye wear yearly, great associate discounts, flexible breaks
Cons
high pressure to protect from theft, however no support from management for theft prevention (training/anti-theft devices), understaffed, low hours, low commission

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Luxottica. Our community is ready to answer.

51K