Luxottica Employee Review

As a Technician you can make more $ delivering pizzas
Technician (Former Employee) –  Lockbourne, OH1 March 2014
This place should manufacture vacuum cleaners because "THEY SUCK"
Pros
Clean enviroment
Cons
Must stand

Other Luxottica Employee Reviews

I learnt alot with this company.
Licensed Optician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2018
I learn how to develop my skills and get ready for changes in business advertising and merchandising. It helped to be able work with big group of people and go through big team work.
Nothing too special
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON15 April 2018
Working at SGH as an associate was great. The commission structure and bonuses such as contests were great incentives.

As part of management however, it is much more stressful. Oftentimes, upper management (DM, RM, FT) uses intimidation to drive their managers towards their goals. The commission structure was changed and now it is pointless to put in extra effort to make a sale (for associates and management team) because you might make enough to pay for a coffee at Starbucks per paycheque if your store makes goal. Scheduling is needlessly complicated and difficult. The company should use something more like the Sling app.

RM/RT changed often while I worked for them and therefore was difficult to maintain continuity in training style, expectations, and knowledge about stores. Because of this, it was difficult to address issues or establish trust between team members.

A huge positive however, was my team. Our store was a very well oiled machine!
Pros
benefits extend to spouses and dependents, $500 towards sunglasses yearly, $1000 towards prescription eye wear yearly, great associate discounts, flexible breaks
Cons
high pressure to protect from theft, however no support from management for theft prevention (training/anti-theft devices), understaffed, low hours, low commission

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Luxottica. Our community is ready to answer.

51K