Luxottica Employee Reviews

Great team environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2018
Was a keyholder for about a year. Had an excellent team environment, Duties include inventory count, organizing tasks, opening and closing cash register operations, balancing the till, cleaning store, etc.
You Die a Little Everyday
Retail Associate & Third Party Captain (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 May 2018
Head office treats you like a number, they don't care about you. People that become management play dirty and conduct time theft... rarely do they higher amazing managers. I would highly recommend not working here because you die a little on the inside every day.
But besides that coworkers are pretty awesome!
Luxottica SGH Sears Optical
Store Manager Luxottica retail (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON11 May 2018
I loved my 8 years with luxottica and wish Sears hadn't closed its doors as i loved my clients that came in daily for their medical and eyewear needs.
Not a great place to work
Lead Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2018
Do not recommend it as a long term job, just a short term job oppurtunity till you find your career path. Hours are terrible, shifts gets cancelled all the time.
I learnt alot with this company.
Licensed Optician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2018
I learn how to develop my skills and get ready for changes in business advertising and merchandising. It helped to be able work with big group of people and go through big team work.
Nothing too special
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON15 April 2018
Working at SGH as an associate was great. The commission structure and bonuses such as contests were great incentives.

As part of management however, it is much more stressful. Oftentimes, upper management (DM, RM, FT) uses intimidation to drive their managers towards their goals. The commission structure was changed and now it is pointless to put in extra effort to make a sale (for associates and management team) because you might make enough to pay for a coffee at Starbucks per paycheque if your store makes goal. Scheduling is needlessly complicated and difficult. The company should use something more like the Sling app.

RM/RT changed often while I worked for them and therefore was difficult to maintain continuity in training style, expectations, and knowledge about stores. Because of this, it was difficult to address issues or establish trust between team members.

A huge positive however, was my team. Our store was a very well oiled machine!
Pros
benefits extend to spouses and dependents, $500 towards sunglasses yearly, $1000 towards prescription eye wear yearly, great associate discounts, flexible breaks
Cons
high pressure to protect from theft, however no support from management for theft prevention (training/anti-theft devices), understaffed, low hours, low commission
very hard work
Eyewear Stylist & Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 April 2018
management change did not pay right and worked way to long and hard for how young I was. the staff did not care about the workers and would cheat you out of your breaks
Pros
cool discounts
Poor Management
Sales Manager/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 March 2018
Regionals tend to hire outsiders from past companies instead of hiring knowledgable staff from within.
Hidden agendas with management.

No transparency in this company.
Pros
Working with customers and co workers
Cons
Selling product for ridiculous prices with terrible warranties & management.
A fun place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON13 March 2018
It was nice to be able to talk to people every day even though being in a kiosk environment is a bit difficult.
As long as you have the mind-set of always having something to do and clean and perfect you will be fine :)
Very professional envirement to work at
Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  St.-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC4 March 2018
Manufacturing eyewear within an hour was very rewarding and challenging when there was multiple glasses to complete at the same time. Feeling gratified when the customer is able to see clearly with the glasses that I have customized for them.
Toxic company
Former General Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2018
Very toxic work environment. Very little support from upper management, unless you are favoured, & there is a constant threat of job loss for poor performance, to the point they start off meetings with references to quitting if one can't handle what they are about to lay out. No accountability for upper management, only at store level. Teamwork is non existent. Absolutely zero work life balance. Your personal email is bombarded continually 24hrs/day as they expect you to give your email address since they don't provide separate email accounts for Managers. Good luck getting paid properly and accurately. Communication is a huge problem even though there's at least 2 conference calls a week, sometimes as many as 7 in 5 days. Gossip is a huge problem. Opticians run the show basically since there is a shortage of them. Which leads to student opticians working without proper supervision or adequate training to be on their own, which is not allowed. Even with very competitive wages offered for opticians, It's very hard to recruit them due to the company's reputation. Loss Prevention is clearly under par.
Stress level is very high.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Rule by fear
good company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2018
it contains some different organizations, including sunglass hut. also it works with some charity organizations, it donate the money to some kids who need eye care in our countries. It is really respectful.
Fun work place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 February 2018
Depending on the location, it can be very busy. Always short-staffed for opticians.You'd be lucky to take a proper break without having to be called back out from lunch break. The pay is decent. You'll do well if you can sale while dispensing and checking jobs and taking measurements all while calming customers down who have been waiting for over an hour... all at the same time.
Its a fun place to work
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 February 2018
They tread there staff well but they don't pay for what they ask you to do.
There commission is really bad. They don't have benefits.
It's not a secure job
Exciting Work Environment
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON5 February 2018
Dynamic, energetic, vibrant work environment. Always something to keep you occupied. Work alongside opticians and optometrists to help assist patients.
Good company
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON23 January 2018
I enjoy working for this company. I have no problems with the staff, they have been fantastic and very welcoming to me from the first day that I have arrived.
Productive, Fun , Multicultural
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON9 January 2018
I have worked at Sunglass hut for about a year. and during this year, I have learned a lot about the company, its vision and it's mission. The workplace environment is full of energy yet it allows you to grow your interpersonal skills. My sale and negotiation skills have grown so much during my work period at Sunglass Hut .
Pros
Great Associate Discount, interpersonal skill growth etc.
Cons
not enough flexibility of working hours.
Stressful place for Opticians
Licensed Optician (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 November 2017
benefits
Fun product, sneaky and uncaring management
any position (Former Employee) –  Ontario20 November 2017
Product is great and fun to deal with but the upper management and district managers are terrible. Company will deny raises based on thefts of part time associates. Company also likes to terminate positions for management and not allow those associates after years of being there to drop down they simply say "we terminated your position and we have no where to put you." Very unprofessional higher management.
Pros
great discount
Cons
very little pay and little hours
Fun place to work
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB18 November 2017
Easy place to work, have a good selling culture. Can be a bit boring and they dont often offer a lot of hours, but its a good job for a student. Would recommend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Luxottica. Our community is ready to answer.

51K