Luxottica Employee Reviews

Found 102 reviews matching the search See all 2,575 reviews
Smaller company, room to move up
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2019
Honestly a great company to be working for. With lots of incentives to keep staff motivated as well as great management.
Management turnover can be high though due to some people being under qualified to manage.
Discounts are fantastic.
Sometimes hours can be very minimal (especcially during winter)
Pros
great discount, able to move up
Cons
lack of hours, high turnover rate
Great staff, great culture, bit too many thefts for my tastes
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC15 September 2018
I loved my coworkers, and the work environment was always friendly and fun. Rarely did I have a day where I went home feeling down from interactions with other staff.
That being said, the sale goals are exceedingly high and there were so many thefts that we could do little about. If you like a good workplace that is high risk without seeming to be so from the outside, I would recommend working here!
Pros
Great staff, great culture
Cons
Too much theft!
Strong focus on customer service
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 September 2018
The job is to give quality customer service all the time but you have to always be on top of customers and stick with them one at a time. This is fine but workers tend to often become a nuisance to customers. Their hiring process is very slow, however, and keeps applicants waiting for weeks on end.
Pros
45 minute lunches
Cons
long hours, heavy lifting, disorganization
I wouldnt suggest working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunglass hut28 January 2019
I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone as it has lack of hours, unorganized management and overall a terrible atmosphere. It could be an easy job if their standards matched up their expectations.
worst company ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 August 2018
you are over worked, under appreciated, management are a bunch of puppets, pay is low, opportunities for advancement are available but you will end up working much much harder for the extra $2 an hour that you will get.

waste of time good for P/T or after school job
good benefits for glasses
Cons
over worked under payed
Low Expectations for Low Fulfilment work
Sunglass Expert (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 September 2018
A basic minimum wage job that crams in entry level workers. Retention is low because hours given are not flexible to the already too big team in most locations.
Pros
Discount on Sunglasses
Cons
Work Life Balance is off; Pay is too low
Energetic environment
SALES SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Ontario9 October 2018
Fun environment, lots of opportunities for growth. Managers are very supportive and want to help you excel. Good benefits and discount. Flexibility with schedules
great
SALES SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB17 July 2018
great place to work depending on team. Very empowering for all women. gives you a sense f appreciation for all sizes. Managers work in teams alot, with other members of store. Too many changes that you have to keep up with, be ready.
Pros
discounts
Cons
changes alot
its was a temp job
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 August 2018
the people i worked with were very nice and helpful the training videos were out dated and didn't work half of the time but my time with the lab supervisors were overall a great experience
You Die a Little Everyday
Retail Associate & Third Party Captain (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 May 2018
Head office treats you like a number, they don't care about you. People that become management play dirty and conduct time theft... rarely do they higher amazing managers. I would highly recommend not working here because you die a little on the inside every day.
But besides that coworkers are pretty awesome!
Fun work place
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 August 2018
Lenscrafters is a good work place with friendly staff and friends. The work culture and environment is a good place to work. Would recommend getting a job here.
Very Structured
Assistant Lab Manager (Lab Manager in Training) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC13 June 2018
The training and the coaching that you receive here is top notch. Let you learn from people that have been in the industry a long time and have learnt the most effective and efficient ways of doing things.
Great team environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2018
Was a keyholder for about a year. Had an excellent team environment, Duties include inventory count, organizing tasks, opening and closing cash register operations, balancing the till, cleaning store, etc.
Poor Management
Sales Manager/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 March 2018
Regionals tend to hire outsiders from past companies instead of hiring knowledgable staff from within.
Hidden agendas with management.

No transparency in this company.
Pros
Working with customers and co workers
Cons
Selling product for ridiculous prices with terrible warranties & management.
Fun work place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 February 2018
Depending on the location, it can be very busy. Always short-staffed for opticians.You'd be lucky to take a proper break without having to be called back out from lunch break. The pay is decent. You'll do well if you can sale while dispensing and checking jobs and taking measurements all while calming customers down who have been waiting for over an hour... all at the same time.
Luxottica SGH Sears Optical
Store Manager Luxottica retail (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON11 May 2018
I loved my 8 years with luxottica and wish Sears hadn't closed its doors as i loved my clients that came in daily for their medical and eyewear needs.
I learnt alot with this company.
Licensed Optician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2018
I learn how to develop my skills and get ready for changes in business advertising and merchandising. It helped to be able work with big group of people and go through big team work.
Productive, Fun , Multicultural
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON9 January 2018
I have worked at Sunglass hut for about a year. and during this year, I have learned a lot about the company, its vision and it's mission. The workplace environment is full of energy yet it allows you to grow your interpersonal skills. My sale and negotiation skills have grown so much during my work period at Sunglass Hut .
Pros
Great Associate Discount, interpersonal skill growth etc.
Cons
not enough flexibility of working hours.
Not a great place to work
Lead Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2018
Do not recommend it as a long term job, just a short term job oppurtunity till you find your career path. Hours are terrible, shifts gets cancelled all the time.
very hard work
Eyewear Stylist & Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 April 2018
management change did not pay right and worked way to long and hard for how young I was. the staff did not care about the workers and would cheat you out of your breaks
Pros
cool discounts
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Luxottica. Our community is ready to answer.