Luxottica

Luxottica Employee Reviews

Canada116 reviews
Great company with many opportunities
Overall Luxottica provides opportunities for those who wants to grow. There is a peculiar work environment due to the fast pace and last time decisions. If you can leave in this type of place, the is the company for you.
Pros
Independence and autonomy
Cons
Disorganized
I don’t want to review this
The place is fine they are forcing me o write this review so in not sure what t right its. Great but different for everything worth there nd see for. Yourself
Productive and good workplace
Working in Luxottica is such a pleasure. Learn lots of things. Good management and camaraderie among employees.
The hardest part of my job is that when I'm taking time to match the correct colour tint on the lenses.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that when everything I did passed the inspection.

Also, when there are special occasions in the workplace, there's a lot of fun with the celebration.
Only left because the store closed out
Excellent company to work for and treated the staff with respect. You’re allowed to be an individual and express yourself (within reason). I always felt like they cared about “me” not employee #5325## I miss working for Luxottica and wish they stayed open where I was.
Good pay but no work/life balance
Lenscrafters was a nice rewarding place to work where we could actually care for the customer we served a few years ago when I joined the company.
Now it is a trap to be quite literal.

We are not empowered to help the customer into what actually works for the customer and their prescription requirements, but forced to push certain products to a certain percentage of our sales or we are considered as a non performer Do not fall for the hype, the benefits and pay are good but you sell your soul to the devil for it
Mostly fun, no life work balance, super competitive
For the most part I enjoyed my job and all the tasks that came with it. A couple issues, 1) you don’t get a raise based on your performance as a jack of all. It’s based on how well the store does. 2) Returns can be done at any location and often the smaller lower volume stores take a major hit for the bigger volume stores poor customer service skills. 3) no life work balance if you are management, calls all the time, lots of early morning starts when it isn’t necessary. The training could be enhanced, reading an iPad and watching role playing videos isn’t always the best way to learn. Single coverage shifts can be killers. Hard to stay attentive with high energy when you haven’t eaten.
Pros
Customers, employee discounts
Cons
Single coverage, no breaks, work life balance doesn’t exist
Fun place to work
You get interact with a lot of different types of customers and learn new things everyday. Building relation with the customer is most important rather than sales.
Not enough room for career advancement
Hiring process didn't take that long, but the training wasn't well planned so by the time you start working you'll realize that you don't really know much about anything. The manager I had was bad at managing time, and so when it was time for my shift to begin, she basically pushed her work onto me. The company wants you to constantly be on the customers when they're trying to shop, and it's really annoying at times, and you can see how uncomfortable some customers are when you're constantly lurking around them. Then the company began what they called "labour management", and so the hours were cut in half, or in my case, you would receive no hours at all. Commission isn't really satisfying, but you're pressured to make sales even when no one is coming to the store to buy anything. Honestly just wanted to make some easy money, but after a while, I started to hate the atmosphere and so I left.
Pros
Discounts on glasses
Cons
Not enough working hours.
Bien
Bonne expérience au sein de l'entreprise. Bonnes valeurs et esprit d'équipe.
Smaller company, room to move up
Honestly a great company to be working for. With lots of incentives to keep staff motivated as well as great management.
Management turnover can be high though due to some people being under qualified to manage.

Discounts are fantastic.

Sometimes hours can be very minimal (especcially during winter)
Pros
great discount, able to move up
Cons
lack of hours, high turnover rate
Poor management
I really enjoyed my time working at Oakley, however, I worked for a poor manager. Her internal theft and spending the day in the office watching YouTube videos put a great strain on me. I ended up doing her job and at first, did not receive much support. After it was made most evident that she was acting so poorly, I received greater support from her boss. There were also multiple issues of bullying and my boss and her boss, the District Manager, did not take it seriously because the bully was a high performing salesman.
Pros
Flexible, competitive pay, benefits
Cons
long hours, high pressure, little support from human resources.
Energetic environment
Fun environment, lots of opportunities for growth. Managers are very supportive and want to help you excel. Good benefits and discount. Flexibility with schedules
Low Expectations for Low Fulfilment work
A basic minimum wage job that crams in entry level workers. Retention is low because hours given are not flexible to the already too big team in most locations.
Pros
Discount on Sunglasses
Cons
Work Life Balance is off; Pay is too low
Great staff, great culture, bit too many thefts for my tastes
I loved my coworkers, and the work environment was always friendly and fun. Rarely did I have a day where I went home feeling down from interactions with other staff.
That being said, the sale goals are exceedingly high and there were so many thefts that we could do little about. If you like a good workplace that is high risk without seeming to be so from the outside, I would recommend working here!
Pros
Great staff, great culture
Cons
Too much theft!
Strong focus on customer service
The job is to give quality customer service all the time but you have to always be on top of customers and stick with them one at a time. This is fine but workers tend to often become a nuisance to customers. Their hiring process is very slow, however, and keeps applicants waiting for weeks on end.
Pros
45 minute lunches
Cons
long hours, heavy lifting, disorganization
Fun work place
Lenscrafters is a good work place with friendly staff and friends. The work culture and environment is a good place to work. Would recommend getting a job here.
Great potential, however greed breaks everything
When I began my journey at LensCrafters, I thought this is a retail place like no other: energetic, care about their people and customers, innovative and seriously no competition from other optical retailers. My boss at the time was great but tough - yes there were tears and blood but you certainly were rewarded and felt that this is the place you can grow...but that changed, once management changed.

I was always supportive of management and their initiative, but when it began to feel like they are out to destroy your career, and if you felt you were already down, the shark came to that final bite, it became overwhelming...it felt like there was noone else to turn to. This is toxic - also toxic to talk about your staff in negative respect, because you do it to one, it eventually comes back to you and for upper management to do that is a graveyard digging for you alone.

If you can bend over and take all the beating with a smile and "genuine" acceptance then this is the place to work (because that same manager will have the same done from up above - so yes it comes from top down).

To conclude, if company is saying "customers and employees matter", simply following up with cutting employee hours/ store manpower, clients complaining because there are 4-15 customers per associate on regular basis, LAB running on bare minimum manpower, management overworked as a result, and upper management pushing because their arms are twisted (and ofcourse they make much more than those slaying inside the store, only to be told "you are doing a terrible job, what's going to change? Do
 - more...
its was a temp job
the people i worked with were very nice and helpful the training videos were out dated and didn't work half of the time but my time with the lab supervisors were overall a great experience
worst company ever
you are over worked, under appreciated, management are a bunch of puppets, pay is low, opportunities for advancement are available but you will end up working much much harder for the extra $2 an hour that you will get.

waste of time good for P/T or after school job

good benefits for glasses
Cons
over worked under payed
great
great place to work depending on team. Very empowering for all women. gives you a sense f appreciation for all sizes. Managers work in teams alot, with other members of store. Too many changes that you have to keep up with, be ready.
Pros
discounts
Cons
changes alot
a great place to work with many different types of people
getting your workplace prepared for the day. All sorts of different things connected to eyeglasses. good management that was nice to all the employees. made a lot of friends. was doing things I didn't know how to do. getting to know a lot of the different employees and making some friendships.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
pay wasnt the best