Luxottica Employee Reviews

Great staff, great culture, bit too many thefts for my tastes
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC15 September 2018
I loved my coworkers, and the work environment was always friendly and fun. Rarely did I have a day where I went home feeling down from interactions with other staff.
That being said, the sale goals are exceedingly high and there were so many thefts that we could do little about. If you like a good workplace that is high risk without seeming to be so from the outside, I would recommend working here!
Pros
Great staff, great culture
Cons
Too much theft!
Strong focus on customer service
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 September 2018
The job is to give quality customer service all the time but you have to always be on top of customers and stick with them one at a time. This is fine but workers tend to often become a nuisance to customers. Their hiring process is very slow, however, and keeps applicants waiting for weeks on end.
Pros
45 minute lunches
Cons
long hours, heavy lifting, disorganization
Fun work place
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 August 2018
Lenscrafters is a good work place with friendly staff and friends. The work culture and environment is a good place to work. Would recommend getting a job here.
Great potential, however greed breaks everything
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2018
When I began my journey at LensCrafters, I thought this is a retail place like no other: energetic, care about their people and customers, innovative and seriously no competition from other optical retailers. My boss at the time was great but tough - yes there were tears and blood but you certainly were rewarded and felt that this is the place you can grow...but that changed, once management changed.

I was always supportive of management and their initiative, but when it began to feel like they are out to destroy your career, and if you felt you were already down, the shark came to that final bite, it became overwhelming...it felt like there was noone else to turn to. This is toxic - also toxic to talk about your staff in negative respect, because you do it to one, it eventually comes back to you and for upper management to do that is a graveyard digging for you alone.

If you can bend over and take all the beating with a smile and "genuine" acceptance then this is the place to work (because that same manager will have the same done from up above - so yes it comes from top down).

To conclude, if company is saying "customers and employees matter", simply following up with cutting employee hours/ store manpower, clients complaining because there are 4-15 customers per associate on regular basis, LAB running on bare minimum manpower, management overworked as a result, and upper management pushing because their arms are twisted (and ofcourse they make much more than those slaying inside the store, only to be told "you are doing a terrible job, what's going to change? Do
  more... you really want to be here?"

Honestly, I wish that the company was consistent with decisions made and direction it wanted to head towards, inconsistency created discouraged managers and staff therefore becomes temporary as this type of environment is no longer an opportunity to grow, rather it becomes a temp job.
its was a temp job
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 August 2018
the people i worked with were very nice and helpful the training videos were out dated and didn't work half of the time but my time with the lab supervisors were overall a great experience
worst company ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 August 2018
you are over worked, under appreciated, management are a bunch of puppets, pay is low, opportunities for advancement are available but you will end up working much much harder for the extra $2 an hour that you will get.

waste of time good for P/T or after school job
good benefits for glasses
Cons
over worked under payed
great
SALES SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB17 July 2018
great place to work depending on team. Very empowering for all women. gives you a sense f appreciation for all sizes. Managers work in teams alot, with other members of store. Too many changes that you have to keep up with, be ready.
Pros
discounts
Cons
changes alot
Great team environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2018
Was a keyholder for about a year. Had an excellent team environment, Duties include inventory count, organizing tasks, opening and closing cash register operations, balancing the till, cleaning store, etc.
Very Structured
Assistant Lab Manager (Lab Manager in Training) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC13 June 2018
The training and the coaching that you receive here is top notch. Let you learn from people that have been in the industry a long time and have learnt the most effective and efficient ways of doing things.
You Die a Little Everyday
Retail Associate & Third Party Captain (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 May 2018
Head office treats you like a number, they don't care about you. People that become management play dirty and conduct time theft... rarely do they higher amazing managers. I would highly recommend not working here because you die a little on the inside every day.
But besides that coworkers are pretty awesome!
Luxottica SGH Sears Optical
Store Manager Luxottica retail (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON11 May 2018
I loved my 8 years with luxottica and wish Sears hadn't closed its doors as i loved my clients that came in daily for their medical and eyewear needs.
Not a great place to work
Lead Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2018
Do not recommend it as a long term job, just a short term job oppurtunity till you find your career path. Hours are terrible, shifts gets cancelled all the time.
I learnt alot with this company.
Licensed Optician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2018
I learn how to develop my skills and get ready for changes in business advertising and merchandising. It helped to be able work with big group of people and go through big team work.
Nothing too special
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON15 April 2018
Working at SGH as an associate was great. The commission structure and bonuses such as contests were great incentives.

As part of management however, it is much more stressful. Oftentimes, upper management (DM, RM, FT) uses intimidation to drive their managers towards their goals. The commission structure was changed and now it is pointless to put in extra effort to make a sale (for associates and management team) because you might make enough to pay for a coffee at Starbucks per paycheque if your store makes goal. Scheduling is needlessly complicated and difficult. The company should use something more like the Sling app.

RM/RT changed often while I worked for them and therefore was difficult to maintain continuity in training style, expectations, and knowledge about stores. Because of this, it was difficult to address issues or establish trust between team members.

A huge positive however, was my team. Our store was a very well oiled machine!
Pros
benefits extend to spouses and dependents, $500 towards sunglasses yearly, $1000 towards prescription eye wear yearly, great associate discounts, flexible breaks
Cons
high pressure to protect from theft, however no support from management for theft prevention (training/anti-theft devices), understaffed, low hours, low commission
very hard work
Eyewear Stylist & Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 April 2018
management change did not pay right and worked way to long and hard for how young I was. the staff did not care about the workers and would cheat you out of your breaks
Pros
cool discounts
Poor Management
Sales Manager/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 March 2018
Regionals tend to hire outsiders from past companies instead of hiring knowledgable staff from within.
Hidden agendas with management.

No transparency in this company.
Pros
Working with customers and co workers
Cons
Selling product for ridiculous prices with terrible warranties & management.
A fun place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON13 March 2018
It was nice to be able to talk to people every day even though being in a kiosk environment is a bit difficult.
As long as you have the mind-set of always having something to do and clean and perfect you will be fine :)
Very professional envirement to work at
Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  St.-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC4 March 2018
Manufacturing eyewear within an hour was very rewarding and challenging when there was multiple glasses to complete at the same time. Feeling gratified when the customer is able to see clearly with the glasses that I have customized for them.
Toxic company
Former General Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2018
Very toxic work environment. Very little support from upper management, unless you are favoured, & there is a constant threat of job loss for poor performance, to the point they start off meetings with references to quitting if one can't handle what they are about to lay out. No accountability for upper management, only at store level. Teamwork is non existent. Absolutely zero work life balance. Your personal email is bombarded continually 24hrs/day as they expect you to give your email address since they don't provide separate email accounts for Managers. Good luck getting paid properly and accurately. Communication is a huge problem even though there's at least 2 conference calls a week, sometimes as many as 7 in 5 days. Gossip is a huge problem. Opticians run the show basically since there is a shortage of them. Which leads to student opticians working without proper supervision or adequate training to be on their own, which is not allowed. Even with very competitive wages offered for opticians, It's very hard to recruit them due to the company's reputation. Loss Prevention is clearly under par.
Stress level is very high.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Rule by fear
good company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2018
it contains some different organizations, including sunglass hut. also it works with some charity organizations, it donate the money to some kids who need eye care in our countries. It is really respectful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Luxottica. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K