Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

poor management
Seasonal Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 January 2018
I am a huge fan of Lush products, which was why I wanted to work here in the first place. The best part was the 50% off store discount. The management, however, is lacking professionalism. it took me over a month for my first paycheck and I am still owed one more and its been over a month since my contract ended.
Pros
free bath bombs
Cons
on your feet all day
Great environment with lovely co-workers
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2018
Had an amazing time working for this company. They have very high standards for employees which helped me personally grow as a sales rep. Would love to work with this company again in the near future.
amazing people and environment
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 January 2018
Lush is such an inclusive place to work and has amazing core values. typical days were fulled with selling and making recommendations. The hardest part would probably have been remembering product knowledge and what does what.
fun environment
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2018
good place to work at. management seem to care about their employees, you get to sample alot of the products, also there were TONS OF FREE COFFEE, which is great. Also, the hardest part was waking up in the morning at 7..
Review
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2018
I absolutely loved lush ! They were amazing people. Management style was great. They were accommodating and accepting. Great place to work for retail and to get experience.
Good place to work but your hard work might not always be recognized.
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2018
I was hired as a seasonal sales ambassador and though I received praise and affirmation of a permanent position, when the time time I did not receive a permanent offer. I feel that my hard work and dedication to the team was overlooked and perhaps due to office politics I was not made part of the team. Lush is a great place to work but the hard work you put into your time might not be worth anything when it comes time to make the core team.
Pros
50% employee discount and an inclusive and progressive work environment.
Cons
Hard work means nothing to the management team
production assistant
Production/ Distribution Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 January 2018
Working here was a lot of fun. The environment is upbeat and fast paced. Co-workers and management are down to earth and easy to talk to. Quotas were high but everyone works really hard to meet them. I liked the overall culture of the brand, they treat their employees really well and have a great approach to business operations. Only downside is that there is little to no job security. They hire a bunch of people as seasonal associates for the Christmas rush, but are not able to keep a lot of the hires after the season is done.
fun workplace and productive
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2018
it was nice to work at lush if i could go back i will because all the team lea are nice they not yelling at you they make you feel comfortable and it easy to make friend
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long break
A ton of fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2018
This job was extremely exciting and fun. The workers were all supportive and very caring; I keep in touch with them still. I love the eclectic vibe in the store and how you are encouraged to express yourself in your own way.
Pros
Making Friends
Cons
Very Tiring
Was pretty good!
Seasonal Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 January 2018
Working as a lush seasonal was pretty fun but I must say that they don't really pay equal attention to each seasonal employee. Also, their schedules are weird...they gave more hours to someone in school than to someone who was trying to become permanent.
Procutive fun work place
Lush (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 December 2017
It Was very good work there, very nice place and people. Pleasant Environment, the work is very hard but it becomes good because they have good people and good environment.
Amazing Experince
Distribute Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON15 December 2017
management of lush is awesome. staff and supervising are helpful. In future I got a job I will ready to work with lush.so if you want to enjoy your work go ahead in seasonal in lush.
Pros
payment, bonus, vacation payment all are time
Cons
no cons
Fast Growing and Fun Company
Production Room Assistant- Miscellaneous Room (Current Employee) –  35 Jutland Rd, Toronto ON13 December 2017
No day is ever the same day twice, so it requires an ability to think on one's feet. It's a massive company, and high-volume, so bring your A-game! I personally would have benefited from receiving more learning opportunities for those will the drive and capabilities to succeed, but it's a wonderful place to get your feet wet if your aim is to succeed business/supply chain/logistics!
Pros
Fun, enthusiastic work environment
Cons
Needs more learning opportunities for employees
The best work environment I have ever experienced.
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON9 December 2017
Super fun, wonderfully community driven, inclusive, diverse team members made this a wonderful experience.
The job, life balance aspect of this job was fantastic, and I enjoyed every moment of my experience. You have to work very hard for this position to work for you, but I'm obsessed with LUSH products so it was very easy for me.
Pros
Friends and skills you make for life.
Cons
Kind of hard to get to, but not unreasonable.
Good exsperiance
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON18 November 2017
I work for lush as a seasonal worker, the hours are perfect for me the pay is good and the job isn't too hard, the company has a lot of great opportunities and great ethnics they stand for as well as a great discount!
Pros
Full time hours, good pay, management is super nice
Cons
Seasonal
Pretty cool place to work
Ballistics (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2017
Working at Lush was pretty good, you meet interesting people, management is pretty chill and the environment was great. Great benefits and employee discounts. The hardest part about the job is if you work Ballistics, or in any department you need to be able to handle the strong fragrance. It's an awesome company to work for overall since they really take pride and stand by their beliefs as a company and their loyalty to their employees. But if you can't handle strong scents, it isn't the place for you. I wish I could have handled it and stayed since its an amazing place to work.
Pros
50% discount on all lush products
Cons
Strong fragrance
djjdj.
Talent Specialist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 October 2017
Great company to work, you have your space,friendly co workers
Pay rate is very good, easy access to subway
Happy managers
I like my Job
Never tired of working
Amazing training and team support
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 October 2017
This company cares about it's employees and sets them up for success! Great training and team support makes it a fun working environment. You feel valued and appreciated by your co workers and management. Feedback is given daily with an emphasis on encouraging growth both professional and personal. Team work is emphasized which leads to an environment of camaraderie and goal setting. Memorizing all the ingredients and their benefits can be overwhelming but you can always receive help from senior members of the staff. I have never felt such an inclusive working environment before and absolutely love working here!
Pros
Great discount, amazing co workers
Good Seasonal
SALESPERSON (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 October 2017
The work environment is very product and sales oriented, managers are very uptight and want you to sell sell sell! sometimes you have to be fake and make these fake connections + bonds to just sell. Basically you get paid to be a good person. Too materialistic and money focused.
Pros
Free lush stuff, 50% off items
Cons
Bad work environment, Overly strict rules
I provided my feedback
Benefits Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 September 2017
I provided my feedback to Lush Cosmetics during the employee feedback survey and don't think it's necessary to be forced to provide a written review by Indeed. The star system provides a good enough rating system without the needless character count minimum.
Pros
socially responsible, 50% product discount, great benefits (match canada mat leave for MITs and above based on seniority)
Cons
Lack of infrastructure/manager support. Often felt like I was on my own/ignored.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2