Lush Cosmetics
Coronavirus update
Information from Lush Cosmetics:

Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Canada459 reviews
Stand by their values to a T
Equal opportunity employer

Room for growth

Excellent virtual training & guidance

Great discount

Will work gif them again at any opportunity
Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics has a policy and processing in working clearly. The team group is a friendly, productive and fun workplace. They sometimes held on wonderful activities for all the staffs enjoyed together.
This is a fun and stress-free workplace. However, you have a bit of agility and ability to organize things. Newcomers will be enthusiastically guided by the team leader. However, the work here is not regular, most workers are seasonal.
On the retail side of things: It is a fun and fast paced environment, usually with a very supportive and close knit team.
Its important to really understand and resonate with the core values of the company. Cruelty-free, sustainable, campaigning.

Day to day retail in a mall setting will always have its common pros and cons, this doesn't stray too far from that.

You are given lots of opportunity to learn new things and develop your skills outside of sales.

They are a very generous company, lots of lovely perks.

A great place to be if you want longevity and growth, they really seem to want people to stay with them and develop into higher up roles.
Lush is probably one of those best company to work at because its fun, interesting and very welcoming. Everyone is so welcoming and understanding and you get to work in different departments, which is a great advancement.
Being a seasonal at Lush cosmetics for a few months was a very enjoyable time for me. The work is fun and always fast paced, you get to meet wonderful people from all over. Lush is a very welcoming place that allows you to move around and gain different experiences. I have been to a few different departments at both Lush factory locations in Toronto and every departments has something for everyone.
They pay you minimum wage to do the work of 3 people (stock, cash, and sales) and you have to go above and beyond every single shift. Bit much for just minimum wage part time. You do get 50% off though which is good and coworkers are usually pretty friendy
I really enjoyed working at Lush because the environment is pleasant and safe, the leaders are great, the work is not difficult, the products are of high quality and the people are fun.
I have learned so much working at LUSH and have made an effort to carry out company values in my day-to-day life. The staff is extremely supportive and helpful and the shop atmosphere, although it can get very busy, is a very fun, caring, and collaborative space. You can really tell everyone enjoys working there and cares about helping both coworkers and customers.
I Worked at lush seasonally and it was a fun experience and work environment, I had fun and meeting and working with new people from all different cultures and personalities.
great experience with my co workers. it was awesome working for a green company that is always thinking of new ways to go greener.
work will always be work no matter where you go but the colour and scents always kept things interesting. learned alot.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
too far from where i lived
I was a Seasonal, so during the holiday season it gets super hectic and the store can be packed on the last few days before xmas.
The 50% off discount is a major bonus and also deadly, you'll end up spending most of your pay check during your breaks/before-after work.

Its a super positive environment, the team leaders really encourage positive affirmations, growth and successes. Definitely going to be talking to a lot of people... and demoing products on them which isn't as scary as you think, after you've done it a couple of times.

Its competitive but not like you would think, team leaders sometimes set up hourly/daily challenges so if you X amount of gifts or X amount of whatever you get a lil prize, so its a good motivation tool to get talking to people and putting the training you learn into action.

Its also great to be in a work environment where everyone is all a bit unique, in terms of style/hair/tattoos. Being yourself feels normal & is encouraging, unlike other employers that want you to conform lol.

Overall a great experience, it helped to bring me out of my comfort zone & helped me face my social anxiety. I thought I was quiet/introverted but Lush really made me blossom into being more social. :)
Pros
positive work environment, Smell good all the time, Discount
I worked at lush for two months because it was my seasonal job. During my work , i learned so many things. The working environment was so relaxed and there was no racism. Every employee was so cooperative with each other.
They opened a "seasonal" store where I'm from and I knew that going into it. However they told us we would be permanent after opening and a month before closing said we no longer would be a permanent store. It's very unorganized and hard to get through with answers from HQ. It put all of us staff members in a bad situation where we are scrambling for work.
I would 100% recommend working at Lush. They pay more than minimum wage plus commission, you get a discount off merchandise, and they are a very understanding company.
Great! Experience, would recommend to a friend or anybody who is interested in working in a safe and constructive work environment as well as having a fun time in the progress
Was a seasonal retail associate during christmas . all employees, including managment, were supportive, relaxed and fun . they were all very helpful and was never pressured if unsure about product knowledge .
They paid very good
Everyone is ver kindly

Hsmsbddnnskgkzjashgsnkzkzxbbdsmsddsjiahsueiwdhsisjbddnjsksbddhkssbxbxzksdhgdjwkwjsydjswkhdhdjsjzcuuskwbee
It's fun working at Lush. I honestly stay at this company because of the people that work there. They make work fun and not boring.
Some days work can be stressful depending on production, but some days it's very chill.
I was seasonal and really liked working here except for the fact that we were made to be very "helpful", almost aggressive with sales tactics. Lush has a very specific way of training you to approach and offer products to customers, especially at Christmas. I found it to be very insincere and difficult to be so pushy or in the customer's space. They offered contests to get us to sell gift boxes, and it was almost impossible to meet the quotas. Some customers would get turned off and leave the store because they got approached by 3-4 different employees within 2-3 minutes of being in the store. We weren't allowed to leave them alone, even if they said they were just looking, we had to ask a bunch of questions and try to lead them to different areas of the store.
It was stressful and I just wanted it to be a bit more relaxed. If I had had more time to learn more about the products it would not have seemed so forced and stilted and would have been a more natural way of suggesting things they might like etc. But at Christmas, they tend to be more aggressive with their sales. Also had to upsell a lot at the till, promoting the Charity Pot lotion or the fabric bags.

The best part was the 50% discount you got as an employee.
Pros
Sometimes you would get a free item, and at the staff party we got bags with nice stuff in them.
Cons
Pushed to sell sell sell, not allowed to leave customers alone, not very many hours as promised when hired for season
 Worked as a salesperson, greeting clients, guiding them to every section of the store, showing the products, demonstrating the usage, and making sure to offer the best experience
 Worked as stocking person during busy hours to keep the store filled with products, clean and organized. Improved the stocking method to make it seamless and more efficient

 Managed stocking teams during the holiday season, assigning tasks and making sure that the store was ready for the customers

 Worked as cashier, finalizing the shopping process, and guaranteeing a seamless experience
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.