Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Would rather work in the factory than retail.
Seasonal Sales Associate & Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2018
I enjoyed my brief time working with LUSH products, learning a lot about natural cosmetics and skin and hair care. I also learned a lot about how to give good customer service through their rigorous training.
amazing
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 March 2018
wonderful job. understanding and patient management. fun coworkers. super happy and open work environment easy for people of any background to work in. easy to move up through the company.
Amazing treatment towards staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 March 2018
The company takes pride in their staff and offers many opportunities to move up the scale of internal jobs. Great work environment and accommodating with hours.
Great!
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK, Canada10 March 2018
A great working environment filled with great coworkers. They cared a great deal about one's emotional standing and did their best to assign tasks that suited the individual.
Loved working here
Sales Ambassador-Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC8 March 2018
I really loved working here for so many reasons, the ethics of the company, the products, the co-workers, the support and positivity, the staff discount!
I was only hired as a seasonal staff member for Christmas and wasn't able to stay on after. But I would welcome an opportunity to work for them in the future and will be reapplying in the Spring as I was encouraged to do.
meh
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2018
had a problem with my adp login that was never resolved - some long-term employees were a bit fake and pressured me into reapproaching customers after they've specifically stated they didnt want any help (the customer wanting to be left alone was considered a personal failure)
Pros
50%off
Cons
too much expectations for a minimum wage job
High Energy Holliday Job
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 March 2018
Lush Rideau is an enthusiastic and earth conscious place to work. If you have the time they have the shifts for you. However, the odds of getting hired as a non-fixed contract is slim with about 40 applicants for 4-5 jobs. Lots of free products through staff challenges focused around customer care. 10/10 would work there again!
Pros
Free products
Cons
busy
Stressful and unorganized
Shipper (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON6 March 2018
Management and leadership are unorganized and do not communicate effectively with their employees. Do not make employees feel supported or valued. There is a lot of favoritism happening in the company, certain people will benefit and get away with things, while others will not. Work days are completely inconsistent. Some days are extremely long and busy and others there is nothing to do, so pay is also inconsistent. Very stressful and frustrating.
Pros
Benefits, paid volunteer opportunities.
Cons
inconsistent hours, unorganized management
Productive & Fun
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2018
All staff members were extremely friendly. Great atmosphere to work in. Very diverse staff. Benefits and perks were a great addition to the job. Overall, a super fun and energetic environment to work in.
Soap and Massage Afternoon Shift
Seasonal Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 March 2018
I really liked working at the Lush Factory in Toronto. I found that it was easy to get to, and it is a nice clean environment with friendly people. The work can sometimes get repetitive, but you are encouraged to have fun while you work. You can play music, but it does have to be appropriate for a work environment.

You basically started your work day at 3:30 in a "huddle", which is a meeting with the team leads and supervisor, before everyone starts working to let you know what's going on that day, and they let you know about any events coming up. They will have your name on the white board to let you know what product you will be working with that day.

Near the end of the shift, you count and weigh how much of the product that you used and how much is getting sent to Gifts of to stores. You also clean up where you were working, and help out where you can.

I worked a lot in the glitter room, which if you like glitter is fun. Because of health and safety, you have to wear a mask and have the vents going if you are working in there. If you don't mind glitter, they will put you there.

They hire only full time, and there are three different shifts, Morning (7am-3:30pm), Afternoon (3:30pm-12am), and Twilight shifts (11pm-7am).
Pros
50% discounts in store, sometimes free scraps that can't be re-melted.
Cons
Not a lot of advancement.
High energy job with fun people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 February 2018
Overall I enjoyed my time to work at Lush, but there were some negatives about working there as well. A typical day looked like reading a paper that outlined what all employees were supposed to focus on that day, checking in with whoever was leading the floor, and setting a goal for your shift (eg. demoing x product on 20 different people). At first, I found these goals fun and exciting, but towards the end of my time at Lush, they did nothing but stress me out. It was definitely hard to finish my shifts feeling like I had failed. The people at Lush, however, were for the most part wonderful. Mostly everyone is funny and nice, which is a huge plus in any workplace.
Pros
A lot of free and/or cheap products
Cons
Very emotionally demanding, which bled over into my school and personal life
Best job I’ve had.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2018
It was a really fun place to work, it was laid back but you still had direction and knew when to get your job done. All the people I worked with were pretty awesome for the most part, and it felt more like family than it did just work. It was always a great environment to be in and I really never dreaded having to go to work.
Pros
Free products, free tea usually, great friendships
Cons
Having to hound customers repeatedly
Soma
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 February 2018
I worked in the soap and massage department. I had lots of fun! I almost felt like a kid again because it feels like you are doing arts and crafts all day. Your either packing products, setting up molds, or pouring mixes into molds.
Great Environment
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2018
Company has a great philosophy and ethical approach
hardest part is standing and some physical work
great team member to work with and the work culture is great
Pros
product discounts
Cons
standing all shift
It's fun to sell colourful soap
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 February 2018
As a part time sales associate, I was expected to meet a certain availability requirement (varies from location to location) but I had a choice of which days and which hours that I was available for. A typical shift was 4-8 hours long, and positions would rotate between sales (sometimes sales in specific sections) stocking/completing tasks, and cash.

I learned so much information about different skincare, haircare, and body care ingredients, like how they are sourced, what benefits they have, and what types of skin/hair that they are good for. I also learned about aromatherapy and essential oils, different charities/ethical causes, and ways to be more environmentally friendly.

The dress code is black and white, but accessories can be colourful and staff are encouraged to express themselves. Lush employees are known to be unique and eccentric, because Lush as a company is just that. In the two stores I worked at, coworkers were more like family that just coworkers.

The hardest part of the job was meeting some of the floor leaders (supervisors) expectations/goals. This wasn't a common occurrence, but sometimes it felt impossible when the goal was "make 5 sales over $50 in the next half hour" when it was a Tuesday afternoon and we had more staff than customers

Overall, everything about this job was enjoyable.
Pros
Generally flexible, great training resources, ethical company, great discount
Cons
Difficult to transfer to new locations, job advancement is very competitive
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  fairview mall19 February 2018
friendly management. Powerful and meaningful causes. Proud to have worked there. The wage was above minimum and the company is transparent with both their employees and their customers.
productive and welcoming work space
Production Assistant (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 February 2018
Lush went through great efforts to involve and inform their employees about the company, what ethics it stands for and the products. Each morning there is a brief meeting where we discuss daily goals and support programs.
Pros
helpful managers
Was an warm and amazing place to work!
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 February 2018
I really loved working at Lush. All the staff were genuinely friendly and very knowledgable about the products. The only thing that was unfortunate is I was hired on a seasonal contract and they were only able to keep 6 people out of 30 something therefore it was highly competitive and I didn't end up being kept on. But it was a great job while it lasted!
Pros
Great employee discount
Cons
Seasonal contract
I had fun working here
Manual Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2018
Great company to work for, they hire a very diverse range of people and offer a lot of incentives for your productivity. There are a lot of employees so any issues you have may not be directly solved unless you go to management yourself.
Pros
Bonuses, Flexible Hours
Cons
A lot of staff
Seasonal
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 February 2018
Working at Lush was a very enjoyable! Management were great in training and helping out on the floor. Overall it was a great experience and I would like to work there again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2