Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Found 329 reviews matching the search See all 1,454 reviews
Okay job
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 April 2019
I REALLY did not like the people there, they were rude but still very "Okay". The clients were always satisfied. I worked at Cash mostly but sometimes on the floor. The hardest part of the job was to remember all the ingredients, I did love to do the demos.
Fun and friendly workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC31 March 2019
I worked with them as a seasonal sales associate and they hired 30 people for that period. They kept 4 of us and encouraged the rest to apply again whenever there is an opening. I applied again to another location and now I am going through the interviews. Great working culture and fun place to work. 50% discount for staff.
Some department are fun to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 March 2019
I worked at Gifts, the team leaders in the evening are nice,helpful they always telling you "dont try carry heavy things if cant do it, i dont to hurt your back" also they have some specialtable to lift up theheavy boxes. If you wrapping and ribboning, if you cant do it properly they're going to tell you re doit and take your time,they will understand that because it was your first day or first week. but be prepared if you going to tag and bowing you have to do in the line but dont afraid to ask someone to help you because they will help you, even the team leader is going to help. also i already try in digital,it was easy you just need to pick up the customer order,checking and packing.Also i already try ballistic (bath bombs),the smell is good but too strong,they have a mask but its too tight and hot. Team leaders doesnt care if you have hard time to carry heavy tray and poor understanding to understand you that you cant do it perfect because it was only 3rd day.their.expectation its to high. If they want everything is perfect and fast then they should hire back the people already have expericence. also i notice there is favoritism.
If you not strong enough and dont want super pressure dont work here. the team leader expectation is too high and doesnt care about you health,they always talking to their close friend and laughing and pure commands.
Pros
Free hot beverages, 50% discount
Cons
Lockers are too small
Fun workplace but can feel like there’s pressure on you at times
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC28 March 2019
Working at Lush over all was a great experience. The company itself it’s great. There’s a lot of perks to working for Lush, and if you love sustainability and natural products this is the company for you. I will continue to buy their products even though I don’t get the discount anymore because I know all the ethical work and amazing hand made love and care go into their products. The management and staff at times felt a bit intense around not letting customers “just look around” you have to basically follow them until they tell you to leave them alone. Don’t assume. Sometimes felt pressure to try and sell things to people that they didn’t want. If you’re shy this might not be the job for you. Christmas season gets absolutely crazy and customers can be very demanding. Even though at times it was hard this job made me better at talking to people, and realizing what real customer service is.
Pros
Product discounts, friendly staff
Cons
gets very busy at times, can’t switch shifts, can’t be introverted
The golden handcuff is only comfortable for so long...
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 March 2019
Lots of travel. Company has a cult like vibe-don't drink the Kool-Aid. Atmosphere can be fun but prepare yourself for no work life balance and unrealistic expectations.
Politics is rampant at Lush Fresh Handmade cosmetics
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 March 2019
A typical day working for Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics is having a stretching exercise before starting a task which I love because it prevents a work related injury, What I have learned is the raw materials involved in the production are indeed organic and there was no synthetic chemicals. When I was a seasonal employee, I have observed that , whenever there is a job posting, the management would pretend that the job posting is open for everyone (internal applicants) when in fact the individual that they would hire are their close friends/buddy, so politics is involved in this case.Please observed these scheme if you happen to be working for Lush, I guarantee it is still rampant at Lush until now. I love the workplace culture because of the diversity of the total workforce. The hardest part of the job is, if the demand of the products are sluggish, everyone are affected because, the management would limit your work hours, The most enjoyable part are the camaraderie, picnics, and the Christmas parties. Overall, I will vote for one star for Lush Cosmetics because the way you treat internal applicants is unfair, even if the applicant is qualified and deserving, the management would still prefer their buddy system, to the CEO, please do look into this scheme. IMO, it could be because of race and color of the skin.
Pros
picnics, stretching exercises, parties
Cons
Seasonal employee
A great place to work
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC4 March 2019
Working at LUSH was easily the best part-time job I have ever had. The work environment is wonderful, the customers and employees are passionate about the products, and it is overall a wonderful workplace.
Nice Company
Seasonal Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2019
The culture here is great, including people and management. Ethical production and environmentally friendly products that are great to use and work with
Very cultured and excited experience.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 January 2019
Working for LUSH felt like a dream come true. LUSH Cosmetics uses a lot of products that my mom has been using for as long as I can remember. Every time I walked into work, everything just reminded me of her. It felt just like home.
Pros
Culture, hours, the customers
Cons
Being downgraded by one of my employers because of my recent ADHD diagnosis
fun place to work
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2019
This was my first job and it was amazing. The staff were so kind and helpful. Honestly speaking work load was intense but I did work during the holiday season. Over all it was fun.
Great atmosphere and a great place to learn and grow
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 January 2019
I have been at Lush going on my 9th year. I've experienced working opportunities in many different departments. Lush has great values with the culture, beliefs and ethics and stands for and supports many grassroots organizations and Charities
It was ok
Seasonal Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 January 2019
It is fun to work for Lush Handmade Cosmetics, working on several products and see how they are made. People are nice, teamlieadres support and teach a lot of things.
Seasonal Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 January 2019
The environment is very friendly and the work schedule is super flexible. They also have great benefits for their employees, was only a seasonal staff, but definitely enjoyed my time!
Workplace Enviroment
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON10 January 2019
I worked at the Etobicoke location as a 3 month seasonal production assistant in the Bubbles room.during there busy Halloween and Christmas season in 2014.Each day, the shift started with a group huddle, and the telling of two jokes to get everybody laughing. Everyone there seems to all get along too well with everybody; for example everyone there is facebook friends with each other. That's seasonals and full-timers.The music is always blaring and everyone stands beside each other along 2 long tables.At the end of each shift (sometimes) you got to take some of the left over or slightly damaged products home. Nobody ever talked bad about anybody else no matter if they were gay, fat, living in a homeless shelter,or had a learning disability. Something that I've never experienced at work. before.The problem is that after your assignment is over.It's like no more facebook communication with LUSH employees anymore, as of you didn't exist.I've seen a couple of full- time employees on the street a couple of times, and they didn't even acknowledge me.
Pros
free products to take home, Starting the shift with 2 jokes each day
Cons
mandatory anti animal testing movies.After 3 months its like you don't exist.
Fun and relaxing work place
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 January 2019
As a seasonal production assistant at Lush I only got 3 full months of working in the warehouse. During those three months, I really fit in and wish I could stay. I always felt comfortable and safe, while the work itself was just as comfortable. I was able to complete each task and loved everything about it! I would highly suggest working as a seasonal at lush.
Pros
3 breaks, salary bonuses
Cons
Standing all day
Amazing company to work for. Positivity and friendliness through the roof.
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 January 2019
Working at Lush was one of the best experiences I have had as a job. What first caught my eye applying to Lush, was what they stand for. Fighting animal testing was one huge thing for me considering my love for animals is incomparable. Lush products are 100% vegetarian and more than 80% is vegan, everything made from lush is fresh and ethically bought. Everything is handcrafted by individuals and they provide naked packaging (aka no packaging) along with recyclable packaging. Everything about lush is more than amazing. I have never experienced a more customer and people friendly environment when it comes to the joy of others, I have personally never witnessed someone leave Lush cosmetics without a smile on their face. All of the people that work for Lush, from every single location, are the most welcoming humans ever. The best part about working at Lush is that it does not even feel like its work. The connections that are made within every day that you are working are impeccable. It truly brings joy into your every day life when you have such an amazing group of people to encounter every single day. The only hard part I have experience about working at Lush is how busy it gets. Personal connections are harder to make when the staff to customer ratio is out of this world. Overall, I could sit here and write for days about my positive experience with Lush but you get the point by now. Go experience it yourself!!
Pros
Staff and customers, the mission and what they stand for, good discounts, love all around
Cons
sometimes not being able to make personal connections with everyone because of business, standing all the time
Work for lush
production assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2018
Lush is a great place to work. the work is fun and you get lots of free products. and theres lots of flexability if you need time off. just sucks that the contract is only seasonal and its hard to become core staff.
Pros
free coffee and lush products
Cons
only seasonal
Best company I’ve worked for
Seasonal Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 December 2018
Really great environment. Support from managers, geared towards employee satisfaction. Great benefits for hard work and team production. Problem solving mindset.
Productive work place
Seasonal Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2018
Fun workplace, stressing and tiring sometimes. But still fun specially when you got some friends. It's just sometimes your co worker is getting on your nerves. But yeah team leaders and supervisor is good as well.
Pros
I got to take some of their products because it's damaged.
Cons
Crowded
Fun Workplace
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON27 December 2018
Staff and Team Leaders are very helpful. Managers are very respectful of every individual's concern. Good place to work if youre just starting out. There are also opportunities posted and reminded
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
standing for hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2