Lush Cosmetics Employee Review

View all Lush Cosmetics reviews

Politics is rampant at Lush Fresh Handmade cosmetics
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 March 2019
A typical day working for Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics is having a stretching exercise before starting a task which I love because it prevents a work related injury, What I have learned is the raw materials involved in the production are indeed organic and there was no synthetic chemicals. When I was a seasonal employee, I have observed that , whenever there is a job posting, the management would pretend that the job posting is open for everyone (internal applicants) when in fact the individual that they would hire are their close friends/buddy, so politics is involved in this case.Please observed these scheme if you happen to be working for Lush, I guarantee it is still rampant at Lush until now. I love the workplace culture because of the diversity of the total workforce. The hardest part of the job is, if the demand of the products are sluggish, everyone are affected because, the management would limit your work hours, The most enjoyable part are the camaraderie, picnics, and the Christmas parties. Overall, I will vote for one star for Lush Cosmetics because the way you treat internal applicants is unfair, even if the applicant is qualified and deserving, the management would still prefer their buddy system, to the CEO, please do look into this scheme. IMO, it could be because of race and color of the skin.
Pros
picnics, stretching exercises, parties
Cons
Seasonal employee

Other Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

It's a great brand that does a lot of amazing things for the world so it can be very inspiring but the pay is low.
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON11 June 2019
The culture has changed a lot in the past fews years and it is much more corporate and less employee and people focused. The brand itself is great and they offer a subsidy on transit and a good discount (the products are amazing) but it is very hard to move up unless you are in certain circles and the pay is very low and not a liveable wage.
Pros
TTC subsidy staff discount
Cons
Low pay, hard to move up
Unprofessional Management
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON9 June 2019
The Pa's are amazing people and a very enjoyable atmosphere in that aspect but management will push serious matters under the rug to avoid their image being tarnished and management frequently talks about PA's behind their backs to other PA's and shares confidential information. Its quite unprofessional.
Pros
Free Damages
Cons
Catty unprofessional management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2