Lush Cosmetics

Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews for Senior Retail Sales Associate

Lush is a great place to be passionate. Passionate about the products, about causes, and passionate about drama. The company itself is amazing. I still love and solely use their products for skincare. Canadian made and some of the most natural and eco-friendly products in my bathroom. The upper management is amazing, and down to earth. They frequently stop in and are on a first name basis with old-timers. The holiday bash is alway huge, and everyone from seasonals to executives eat, drink, and be merry! Its really wonderful!!! Store management all tend to be pretty young, and somewhat unprofessional. My first manager was amazing, but she was rarely there when I was because of her other responsibilities as an eco-warrior/ trainer extraordinaire. This left the assistant manager and the floor leaders, and believe me, there were lots of games - the favourites got the best shifts, or the most shifts, and since there were way too many staff on the floor, there were never enough hours, even for full-timers. They would get into literal screaming matches in the backroom, loud enough for the customers to hear! They also bug you to constantly harass the customers until either they buy something or get out. It was a great part-time job around the holidays, the discount was pretty sweet. And as long as you could stay outside the mgmt/floor lead drama and didn't require hours to make a living, the job was pretty amazing.
Pros
Passionate, well-trained, 50% discount, great staff parties!
Cons
Not enough hours, personal drama in store mgmt
They use cult in their branding for a reason. You have to have full time availability for part time/casual hours. Pay well but you don’t get hours and can’t get a second job. If you don’t eat breath and sweat everything they stand for you don’t stand a chance. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get anywhere with this company. I was there three years, was promised four promotions where I received only one measly one. Promotions aren’t based on how long you’ve been there, or how well you preform, it’s based on if the management thinks you’re fun to be around. They act like it is a privilege to work for them. Run far away.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Bad management, they don’t value your personal life, not a sustainable wage, really only good for teenagers.
Horrible, horrible, horrible management and human resource department. Zero follow through of policies Zero staff support Floor leaders acted like high school bullies
  1. Senior Retail Sales Associate