Lush Cosmetics
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews for Seasonal Associate

Seasonal Associate47 reviews
Canada47 reviews
LUSH is a great company to work for; they really value their employees as people. The job itself is pretty fun - who doesn't want to play with bubbles all day! And though we were really busy during the Christmas season, I never dreaded work.
Communication is key for a successful business. The scheduling was what I found to be the hardest part of the job. We would get a week notice for our shifts.
The staff at this location were always friendly and genuinely cared about their customers and employees. The hardest part was when the holiday rush started.
Working at Lush was my first real job and it was incredible! Management was always kind and understanding when it came to my hectic school schedule. I had to miss the seasonal training day due to personal matters, and management was very accomodating. They gave me my own "private training" when I first started and got me going very quickly!
The only real "hard" part about my job was how fast I had to get going. I learned almost all products on my own and I had to do it fast because as a seasonal you are already short on time.

I was always excited to go to work. I was the youngest employee in that shop and everyone was always looking out for me, teaching me, and helping me out along the way, which made it really easy to want to come to work! Everyone was friendly and loved working together.

For a first time job, it definitely was the right choice and I was lucky I got to work at such an incredible company with incredible people!
Often fast paced but relaxed environment. Interactive job, talking with costumers, and staff. Very collaborative work team that hosted many team building activities.
If you are more of an introvert and do not like meeting people or find approaching people nerve racking, this job is not for you. They make you find ways to continue a conversation with customers to try to get them to buy stuff to drive sales.... there is NEVER a time where you are doing nothing. Breaks aren't even that long. However, I do support stores that are trying to make a difference in the world. So if you are outgoing, bubbly and want to feel good about where you are working, Lush is the place for you.
Working for lush really helps you foster your growth as a person both in and out of work. Management cares very deeply about the employees, and the comapny as a whole is so inviting and inclusive.
Aside from the fantastic products you sell, this place is truly how every workplace should treat their employees. They are understanding and supportive with offering amazing training and development throughout the season of employment. Co-workers are great
Had the pleasure of working at lush for a few months, great experience! Management was spectacular, other associates were so welcoming and helpful when needed! Would recommend!
I have learned so much working at LUSH and have made an effort to carry out company values in my day-to-day life. The staff is extremely supportive and helpful and the shop atmosphere, although it can get very busy, is a very fun, caring, and collaborative space. You can really tell everyone enjoys working there and cares about helping both coworkers and customers.
Very good for first time retail job lots of in the job training and demos. Not a lot of drama. Good job for students as it's casual work. Not full time can be a very fun place of you have the right attitude. Management is okay and pretty laid back not up tight like some jobs
Lush was a great place to be employed, the atmosphere is fun and fresh, and the team effort was positive and helpful. we learned how to make meaningful connections with guests in order to make them feel welcome and cared for which was rewarding.
I had an incredible time with Lush as an SSA during the 2017-2018 Christmas season. I worked at Sherway, which had the best management I have ever had which enhanced the experience that much more! It can be intimidating as a person who is a bit shy, but the encouragement the management staff gives is very helpful! I was only working for the season, which is a very temporary position but worthwhile for the experience. As someone who loves Lush as a company, it was a great experience! Especially at the Sherway location!
I was an SSA and had a blast. The discount was amazing but so was the work environment. It was very fast paced but the team was so supportive. I would highly recommend this to a student who is looking for extra money to buy some Christmas treats for your family.
Great place to work. The team is so friendly and encouraging. It was a very welcoming place. Everyone was extremely nice and understanding. I never felt judged or lost when I was there.
For the winter season, busy as it was, I really didn't feel like I was working. My job was basically to play with bubbles and rub lotion on people. Highly fragrant environment but was cool with me. A couple of my co-workers were rather snooty, but since they were either floor leader or in charge of SOMETHING important, I had to bite my tongue. I was understanding that the holidays were busy, so it wasn't awful. There were usually plenty of people on, and with how busy it could get, I wished my breaks could have been a bit longer,but all in all I can't complain! Really want to work here again!
Working at Lush was my first job and it was better than I could have ever imagined. Everyone who worked there was so sweet and really cared about what they were doing. However, it was very competitive to get hired as a core staff member, as they only kept three out of maybe fifty people. This is a job for people who are friendly, outgoing, and patient.
Finally, a company that genuinely cares about its employees! My mental health needs were accommodated and respected. Pronouns are respected. Breaks align with labour laws. A good wholesome ethical company.
Pros
Amazing discount
very chill and u get lotions and bath bombs for free sometimes. talking to people and constantly follwoing them to make sure everyone is helped is kinda hard and some people are so mean about it.
Pros
free products
Cons
asking so much info
Managers were friendly, knowledgeable and great to work with. Everyone who applied for seasonal wanted to be be there and making a positive environment. Even when it was busy the store stayed fun and lively. Was encouraged to demo ever product it was awesome. I would have applied to stay on but was moving in the Feb and minimum wage wasn't going to cut rent.
Pros
50% discount, positive friendly environment and staff
Cons
low wage but other wise not many at all
Happy people making happy soap (or selling happy soap). Lush is an amazing place to work. And shop. Everybody is so welcoming, and ive never had a single problem. They care about the planet, and the animals and humans that come with it. Discount is an amazing bonus too. Don't need to wear perfume, you'll smell amazing after working a shift.
Pros
Discount, great staff, great customers
Cons
Standing for hours ( as with any retail position really)
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.