Lush Cosmetics

Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

I absolutely love working for LUSH. The whole company is so welcoming and fun to work with, if any mistakes are made they laugh with you instead of at you and teach you how to fix them and move on.
The team leaders were quite passive and don't do well with people that stress easily. The training methods for learning set you up to fail (most of the time). The coworkers always had very fake very unpleasant positive energy and often talked behind other coworker's backs. It's like High School where you get judged on your personality and if you don't fit in everyone talks about you. No security or respect. I loved Lush for years. Until I worked there. Haven't bought anything from them since. It's a great company. They just seem to have the wrong people working for it. Very toxic
Pros
Discont was 50% off
Cons
Stressful coworkers
fun work place, great employees and company beliefs. Fun for a casual job but difficult to advance in, upper management doesnt seem to like promoting from within.
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
all over the place hours and low pay
If you "fit in" great, if you don't... well.. Listen, this company expects you to be on your a game ALL the time. Your energy level must be high, you're expected to learn a LOT at home with little to no extra pay, they expect you to literally drop anything you have to go fill for shifts... Also, casual part time is a joke. they will call you casual and then schedule you every single day of the week still instead of giving you your 16 odd hours in 2 shifts.
Pros
Friends
Cons
Scatterbrained Schedule, Not enough pay for the amount of "work" expected to do outside of paid shifts, "High Energy" Mandatory
I honestly did not like working at lush. Yes the 50 percent off was great and you smelled amazing and the products are nice, but they expect you to sell like you are paid commission when you are not. I don't want to force someone to buy something they don't want or need I am sorry that is not me, I will guide you to what I think you will like. And if you don't participate in their stupid one up games look out ! You will be deemed as horrible at your job. And god forbid you say anything about them cutting back your hours after holiday season because SOMEONE will definitely get butt hurt. Sorry hunny but I have bills to pay so I NEED HOURS especially when yall said I could have them when I was initially hired.
Pros
50 percent off product
Cons
butt hurt nancies
Working with the Queen St store manager was literally painful, she assumes you’re an idiot that doesn’t know anything, doesn’t trust anyone to do a good job and isn’t eager to give her employees more responsibilities. I worked there for less than three months and more than half of the team quit in that time because of that reason and you never get enough hours and the bonus very rarely happens so for Toronto you basically live in poverty.
Working at luch was incredible. Great people, great environment. Overall fantastic. There was never a bad day in the store, The managers were always willing to help, and we’re very understanding. I can’t wait to reapply at Christmas.
I cannot say enough good things about this place! Lush is a wonderful company with such a heavy heart! Lush offers a safe, positive and inclusive workspace for employees, each and every day. Lush is also so educating and supportive and so very exciting (especially around the Holiday season). With that being said, working at Lush can sometimes be overwhelming if you do not make it a priority to find work, life, balance.
Coworkers and training staff were always friendly and supportive and pay was competitive for other similar retail jobs and the discount is great. Management, on the other hand, was very much based on favoritism. Dress code didn't count for preferred employees but was harshly critiqued on those who had less availability such as students. Not very nice about time off either, there are sick days given as benefits, however, management is extremely vocal about discouraging employees using their own benefits, especially for mental health-related issues. Work/life balance is nonexistent if you cant provide an "open" availability of 40 hours a week, even for casual staff. You have to book life 3 weeks in advance (17 days before the week start, which could be a full month in February) which is impossible for students who have co-op or other involved learning opportunities. For a workplace that prides itself on HS/YA aged employees and a youthful/fun demographic, they really should be more forgiving of life as it happens. Also, it's retail, it shouldn't be a career as more of a first job or stepping stone, and yet you have to prove you plan on being with the company for years before promotion and a 2$ pay raise. At Christmas and other peak holidays, availability is thrown out the window and you are scheduled 'as the business needs' which means limited holiday time with loved ones. Finally, one should know that my store cycled through 5 managers in a 3-year span, which translates to no consistency in workplace guidelines and retraining every few months so that we could bring external high - more...
My co-workers were great, a lot of them were very shocked to see me let go and reached out to ask me what had happened. Truthfully I wasn't and still am not sure myself. The sales associates are great, the senior staff are also awesome, the manager, on the other hand, was a roller coaster to deal with and I'm not even certain I can describe it
Pros
Lunch breaks, staff discount
Cons
Manager was wild, BS reasons to fire people
My experience working at LUSH will always be memorable. I am still incredibly amazed by the ongoing support they show for all of their employees, not matter their background. The dedication and determination to make a difference is truly aw inspiring and it was wonderful to witness this and be a part of the team.
I was treated as an equal and given the same chances to excel at my job while also enjoying the work I was doing. Majority of my fellow employees were extremely kind and never treated me poorly for misunderstanding or making small mistakes. Communication between staff as well as customers was very important and was a big part of why I enjoyed working there.
Pros
fun bonuses, flexible hours, discounts
Decent job, Was offered a permanent position after seasonal finished. Bonuses were great. For a new store, it was decently organized. Downside, training was done out of store and travel was not accommodated for, as well as being very far from the job applied to.
The company itself is amazing to work for. Unfortunately my manager at the time left our staff members feeling unheard/insignificant to the team. However the pros outweighed the cons.
Working at Lush was very productive and fun. The management was very fantastic and simply one of the best. I learned a a lot from everyone I have worked with there and also still willingly to learn more. The workplace culture was very good.
Pros
discount on products
Cons
nil
I had an excellent time working at lush. fun management, my typical day working with lush wash busy fun and lost of different sweet smells. the most enjoyable part way the cut bath stuff that come in every month.
I loved working for Lush - The overall atmosphere was amazing and whenever I was having a bad day, coming into work was actually enjoyable and seemed to shift my mood into a better one. I was lucky enough to love everyone I worked with and developed long lasting friendships. Management encourages employees to be "transparent" and let them know what you have going on and how you are feeling daily so they can act accordingly. Highly reccomend working for Lush (plus the products are A+)
Pros
Understanding bosses, fast-paced, room to advance, awesome discount
Cons
Sometimes stressful especially holidays, pushy sales
I worked as a seasonal employee and for the most part I really loved it. The morals and ethics of the company are one I can get by, and I honestly felt like I was making a difference. The discount and the amount of free products was awesome, I still have a bag of lush stuff a year later. The people and management were pretty amazing, and it was fun learning about all the products. What I didn't like was how pushy you had to be as a sales person, customers would literally walk around irritated with how we were. I hated the scheduling as well, it could change literally last minute without them asking me if it was ok. I felt like that was disrespectful of my time. And honestly I don't find the pay and the hours that great for the sheer amount of work we had to do.
Pros
Environment, free product, ethics
Cons
weird hours, inconsistent schedule, low pay, pushy sales
Working at Lush was always a great experience, I believe out of an entire year of working there I only had one bad day. The staff are always friendly and were always learning about new products, where they come from, how theyre produced and our customers were always the best. If you can get a job with them, Id recommend holding onto it!
Lush is one of the best companies to work for. They take great care of their employees, making sure they are not over worked and are very well educated. They create a fun and exciting work environment that makes you want to be at your job every day.
I couldn't wait to go work whenever they gave me hours. Costumers and staff are so sweet and there's always something different to do every day. Not only do you do cash, but you really get to know the clients to help them pick out the best thing that will help them. Not only that, but Lush has an incredible amount of ethics that I vouch by such as 100% recyclable containers, naked products to avoid waste, organic and bio products, fighting against animal testing, and that everything is fair trade! They also support the LGBTQIA+ community! Plus, what can be better than yelling ''BATH BOMB DEMO'' and blowing bubbles at work?
Pros
50% off all merch in store. Very open minded staff. Super nice environment