Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Found 47 reviews matching the search See all 1,450 reviews
Sales associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 May 2019
The company itself is amazing to work for. Unfortunately my manager at the time left our staff members feeling unheard/insignificant to the team. However the pros outweighed the cons.
Productive fun work space
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 April 2019
I had an excellent time working at lush. fun management, my typical day working with lush wash busy fun and lost of different sweet smells. the most enjoyable part way the cut bath stuff that come in every month.
Ideal for Big Personalities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 November 2018
I loved working for Lush - The overall atmosphere was amazing and whenever I was having a bad day, coming into work was actually enjoyable and seemed to shift my mood into a better one. I was lucky enough to love everyone I worked with and developed long lasting friendships. Management encourages employees to be "transparent" and let them know what you have going on and how you are feeling daily so they can act accordingly. Highly reccomend working for Lush (plus the products are A+)
Pros
Understanding bosses, fast-paced, room to advance, awesome discount
Cons
Sometimes stressful especially holidays, pushy sales
Seasonal
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 October 2018
I worked as a seasonal employee and for the most part I really loved it. The morals and ethics of the company are one I can get by, and I honestly felt like I was making a difference. The discount and the amount of free products was awesome, I still have a bag of lush stuff a year later. The people and management were pretty amazing, and it was fun learning about all the products.

What I didn't like was how pushy you had to be as a sales person, customers would literally walk around irritated with how we were. I hated the scheduling as well, it could change literally last minute without them asking me if it was ok. I felt like that was disrespectful of my time. And honestly I don't find the pay and the hours that great for the sheer amount of work we had to do.
Pros
Environment, free product, ethics
Cons
weird hours, inconsistent schedule, low pay, pushy sales
Positive fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 August 2018
Working at Lush was always a great experience, I believe out of an entire year of working there I only had one bad day. The staff are always friendly and were always learning about new products, where they come from, how theyre produced and our customers were always the best. If you can get a job with them, Id recommend holding onto it!
Great work environment
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS22 August 2018
Lush is one of the best companies to work for. They take great care of their employees, making sure they are not over worked and are very well educated. They create a fun and exciting work environment that makes you want to be at your job every day.
Fun and Encouraging work environment where you can be yourself
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC19 May 2018
I couldn't wait to go work whenever they gave me hours. Costumers and staff are so sweet and there's always something different to do every day. Not only do you do cash, but you really get to know the clients to help them pick out the best thing that will help them. Not only that, but Lush has an incredible amount of ethics that I vouch by such as 100% recyclable containers, naked products to avoid waste, organic and bio products, fighting against animal testing, and that everything is fair trade! They also support the LGBTQIA+ community! Plus, what can be better than yelling ''BATH BOMB DEMO'' and blowing bubbles at work?
Pros
50% off all merch in store. Very open minded staff. Super nice environment
Best & Most Ethical Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 May 2018
The best place to work if you are looking for education, an opportunity of a lifetime, and to work with great people! Managers listen to you, employee tasks are well delegated.
Fun and Positive place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2018
More of a community of friends having fun than a job. While there's always work to be done, it's fun, the employees are friendly, and the management helpful.
workplace culture
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 April 2018
It was a very fast pass environment where I learned to prioritize my time effectively. It is a very enthusiastic place where costumer experience and care is a vital part. A very diverse environment where I was able to learn a lot about different backgrounds through conversations with costumers.
Pros
costumer service
Cons
lazy co-workers
Great place to work but dont give you any hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 April 2018
Loved working for lush but they couldn't offer full time , The company is amazing and all the coworkers were great , my manager was not great but i dont fault the company
Pros
awesome work enviroment
Cons
no hours
Everything you'd ever want
Core Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 March 2018
Amazing place to work at where you learn so many useful concepts and values. You get to work with genuine and loving people who are very passionate about the environment, animals, handmade cosmetics, and friendship! You get to meet some fantastic people every single time you work as we make the experience about so much more than just the sale. You get to make people's day!
Good place. Friendly management and great culture
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 March 2018
Enjoyed working here. Staff has a great bond which creates a great culture. Management was strict but friendly and approachable. Hardest part of the job was standing for long hours.
Amazing treatment towards staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 March 2018
The company takes pride in their staff and offers many opportunities to move up the scale of internal jobs. Great work environment and accommodating with hours.
High energy job with fun people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 February 2018
Overall I enjoyed my time to work at Lush, but there were some negatives about working there as well. A typical day looked like reading a paper that outlined what all employees were supposed to focus on that day, checking in with whoever was leading the floor, and setting a goal for your shift (eg. demoing x product on 20 different people). At first, I found these goals fun and exciting, but towards the end of my time at Lush, they did nothing but stress me out. It was definitely hard to finish my shifts feeling like I had failed. The people at Lush, however, were for the most part wonderful. Mostly everyone is funny and nice, which is a huge plus in any workplace.
Pros
A lot of free and/or cheap products
Cons
Very emotionally demanding, which bled over into my school and personal life
Best job I’ve had.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2018
It was a really fun place to work, it was laid back but you still had direction and knew when to get your job done. All the people I worked with were pretty awesome for the most part, and it felt more like family than it did just work. It was always a great environment to be in and I really never dreaded having to go to work.
Pros
Free products, free tea usually, great friendships
Cons
Having to hound customers repeatedly
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  fairview mall19 February 2018
friendly management. Powerful and meaningful causes. Proud to have worked there. The wage was above minimum and the company is transparent with both their employees and their customers.
Seasonal
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 February 2018
Working at Lush was a very enjoyable! Management were great in training and helping out on the floor. Overall it was a great experience and I would like to work there again.
Productive & Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 February 2018
- learned great customer service skills
- employees made a great working environment to transition into
- spent my days at work using my communication skills with coworkers and customers
- learned plenty of product knowledge in order to properly help customers
Pros
learned great customer service skills here
Cons
i was under a seasonal contract
Fun and fast paced!
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Guildford, BC31 January 2018
Amazing employees and management. Fun and creative environment and good hours. Great employee benefits and opportunities to do charity work. Great choice for a first job.
Pros
Good hours, great benefits.
Cons
Liberally charged.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2