Lush Cosmetics

Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews for Production Worker

Absolutely this company really is good. For fresh graduate, this company is good for new learners. All staff really helpful, kind, and it's like family
great experience with my co workers. it was awesome working for a green company that is always thinking of new ways to go greener. work will always be work no matter where you go but the colour and scents always kept things interesting. learned alot.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
too far from where i lived
I worked at Gifts, the team leaders in the evening are nice,helpful they always telling you "dont try carry heavy things if cant do it, i dont to hurt your back" also they have some specialtable to lift up theheavy boxes. If you wrapping and ribboning, if you cant do it properly they're going to tell you re doit and take your time,they will understand that because it was your first day or first week. but be prepared if you going to tag and bowing you have to do in the line but dont afraid to ask someone to help you because they will help you, even the team leader is going to help. also i already try in digital,it was easy you just need to pick up the customer order,checking and packing.Also i already try ballistic (bath bombs),the smell is good but too strong,they have a mask but its too tight and hot. Team leaders doesnt care if you have hard time to carry heavy tray and poor understanding to understand you that you cant do it perfect because it was only 3rd day.their.expectation its to high. If they want everything is perfect and fast then they should hire back the people already have expericence. also i notice there is favoritism. If you not strong enough and dont want super pressure dont work here. the team leader expectation is too high and doesnt care about you health,they always talking to their close friend and laughing and pure commands.
Pros
Free hot beverages, 50% discount
Cons
Lockers are too small
everyone is accepted. they care about equity. opportunity to grown in the company is highly likely. management keeps the flow of things in check without being demanding. they educate you about the history of the company.
fast pace environment good training staff over time opportunities, good hours outgoing and helpful managment sometimes free lunches friendly co workers
Pros
lots of opportunity for advancement
Cons
stinks
I was only seasonal and was not taken on full time when my contract ended. I dealt with sone health issue during my time there and my superiors were very helpful and accomodating as far as scheduling and aick days were concerned. Their values and ethics of the company are superior to many large companies. They have amazing charitable campaigns and their employee base really belives in the company. The workplace is friendly, the employees are welcoming and extremely positive. "Happy people making happy soap" is a very fitting motto.
Pros
Great employee benefits, environmentally conscious, cruelty free, caring and friendly environment to work in
Cons
Not much job availability, lots of employees, location/commute
Ballistics (bathbombs) department, hundreds hired from August thru mid-Oct for seasonal work. Told it could lead to FT. Dominantly south east asian workers with Indian and Filipino managers. Staff shortage mid Oct led to random farm workers hired and delivered by vanloads for a 3-week period. Crowded conditions sometimes you could not sit for lunch. First week of Dec, managers informed work week cut to 3 days! Eventually abt 2% or less of seasonals hired FT. Good if you're young, fun, LGBTQ or south asian, (or both!) looking for short term employment (essentially christmas $$) with minor opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Environmental ethics, 50% product discount, subsidized bus pass, steel toe discount
Cons
little opportunity for advancement, stand in same spot during shift, dusty (powders) environment
transline will send you to jobs where the staff treats their temporary employees like badly and let you go without warning and treat you like a slave because you can easily be replaced and made promises they cant keep
Pros
Cons
badwork enviroment
I work for lush as a seasonal worker, the hours are perfect for me the pay is good and the job isn't too hard, the company has a lot of great opportunities and great ethnics they stand for as well as a great discount!
Pros
Full time hours, good pay, management is super nice
Cons
Seasonal
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lush Cosmetics?
It's difficult to consider Lush Manufacturing in terms of a "factory" due to the lack of machines used in daily processes. Everything is hands on which I found to be quite engaging. Even the most difficult of bath bombs left a sense of accomplishment when I finished them just right. The management also has a tendency to work on the floor with you and still enjoy doing exactly what got them into the company in the first place: handmade and environmentally and socially positive products. I worked crunch time though for the holiday season but there was never a true sense of urgency or time frustration. It was fun to challenge myself and my team to reach quotas by designing new setups that improved efficiency but never reduced quality. I would love to work at Lush Manufacturing again to continue improving these skills and learn more about what the company has on offer for me and other employees.
Pros
positive feedback, teamwork, work events, friendly competition, stretching breaks
Cons
long hours standing
for a fast paced job, I was very relaxed. I loved walking into work every day, the culture was so open and full of learning.
A typical day starts with getting moles to assigned table. Co-workers are really helpful with finding moles and helping out to start off the day. Music plays in the background so keeps a fun and productive atmosphere for workers.
Christmas production. I loved worked there, the co-workers as a team, and good managers. But just christmans production and finish now, i loved this experience.
Pros
Fun
• Removed the soaps from the forms and packed them into the boxes • Packed, labeled, moved products to one area to another • Inspected and sorted products for any defects
I was good during the busy Christmas rush. Good bonuses and friendly atmosphere. The fumes and powders were a bit much and was unable to tolerate it for extended periods.
Pros
good money, good management, awesome christmas party
Cons
fumes, sparkles everywhere, too much potential for injuries.