Lush Cosmetics

Lush Cosmetics Pay & benefits reviews: Ambassador

I would 100% recommend working at Lush. They pay more than minimum wage plus commission, you get a discount off merchandise, and they are a very understanding company.
I worked seasonally at lush over Christmas and I loved every shift I had. The full time staff are all so lovely and caring. The company alone takes care of their staff so well with benefits and fun programs!
This job had helped me come out of my shell, it had made me environmentally aware and helped me become a better person. I have so much respect for this company and what they stand for. The environment was amazing. my co workers were absolutely amazing, like a second family. They pay and benefits were amazing as well.
Pros
The environment and ethics
Cons
nothing
Lush is always fun at the beginning. But once you get settled, the atmosphere is different. What made me leave is the change of management. Discount is great (50%) but not worth it after a while. I advise people to work there for a season (Christmas) to get the discount and to have fun, but there are a lot of staff meetings, lots of trainings, and you will never be good enough. salary is low for all that is asked of you, as part time there is no stability in terms of hours either. Hope this helps some of you!
Pros
Free snacks and drinks sometimes, discount
Cons
Unstable hours, not being good enough, low pay
As a part time sales associate, I was expected to meet a certain availability requirement (varies from location to location) but I had a choice of which days and which hours that I was available for. A typical shift was 4-8 hours long, and positions would rotate between sales (sometimes sales in specific sections) stocking/completing tasks, and cash. I learned so much information about different skincare, haircare, and body care ingredients, like how they are sourced, what benefits they have, and what types of skin/hair that they are good for. I also learned about aromatherapy and essential oils, different charities/ethical causes, and ways to be more environmentally friendly. The dress code is black and white, but accessories can be colourful and staff are encouraged to express themselves. Lush employees are known to be unique and eccentric, because Lush as a company is just that. In the two stores I worked at, coworkers were more like family that just coworkers. The hardest part of the job was meeting some of the floor leaders (supervisors) expectations/goals. This wasn't a common occurrence, but sometimes it felt impossible when the goal was "make 5 sales over $50 in the next half hour" when it was a Tuesday afternoon and we had more staff than customers Overall, everything about this job was enjoyable.
Pros
Generally flexible, great training resources, ethical company, great discount
Cons
Difficult to transfer to new locations, job advancement is very competitive
I was hired as a seasonal sales ambassador and though I received praise and affirmation of a permanent position, when the time time I did not receive a permanent offer. I feel that my hard work and dedication to the team was overlooked and perhaps due to office politics I was not made part of the team. Lush is a great place to work but the hard work you put into your time might not be worth anything when it comes time to make the core team.
Pros
50% employee discount and an inclusive and progressive work environment.
Cons
Hard work means nothing to the management team
From the company's values to the environment in the shop, it makes working in retail so easy! Every day you are continuously inspired to do your best!
Pros
Environment
Cons
No benefits