Lush Cosmetics

Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews in Vancouver, BC

I really look forward to work at lush again. They are very cooperative to their employees and treat them fairly and the wages are also good. I would really recommend to work here.
Working at Lush had it ups - free and discounted merch, location of headoffice, rotating foodtrucks to buy lunch from, but also a lot of negatives too. Management is comprised of self absorbed women that are super Cliquey and immature. They only kept the seasonal hires that they personally got along with not based on work performance. most of the senior staff were stand-offish and cold with the exception of a few that were actually welcoming. work hours were all over the place, shifts starting from as early as 6am to as late as 8pm. Couldnt book time off during blackout period (christmas season) and had to have a doctors note when sick regardless. The company preaches values that staff couldnt care less about. People are run down at the headoffice. They claim they never have sales on items that are not holiday products but then this year they changed that. Working at lush wasnt as magical as you would think. Stick to buying their over priced barh bombs
The objectives of the organization and how they are implemented at various levels is quite commendable. One of the best and most creative organization to work with.
They hire philipinos for the job and the rest of the ppl. are treated with disrespect. Bias and racist! They treat others like slaves. They are very demanding and strict beyond words. The product is so nice compared to the invironment. desapointing!
Fast paced environment, enjoyable if you like mixing and shaping products. The workplace culture is extraordinary: multicultural, fun, kind and inclusive.
The workplace culture is very fun and family oriented in the Bubbles department. Everyone gets included where people get rotated around often and you meet new people to work with everyday. Lush also does not discriminate against people with wild hair colours or if they are covered in tattoos.
On the retail side of things: It is a fun and fast paced environment, usually with a very supportive and close knit team. Its important to really understand and resonate with the core values of the company. Cruelty-free, sustainable, campaigning. Day to day retail in a mall setting will always have its common pros and cons, this doesn't stray too far from that. You are given lots of opportunity to learn new things and develop your skills outside of sales. They are a very generous company, lots of lovely perks. A great place to be if you want longevity and growth, they really seem to want people to stay with them and develop into higher up roles.
I really enjoyed working at Lush because the environment is pleasant and safe, the leaders are great, the work is not difficult, the products are of high quality and the people are fun.
I worked at lush for two months because it was my seasonal job. During my work , i learned so many things. The working environment was so relaxed and there was no racism. Every employee was so cooperative with each other.
Absolutely this company really is good. For fresh graduate, this company is good for new learners. All staff really helpful, kind, and it's like family
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lush Cosmetics?
bonne relation interpersonnelle, dynamisme et ouverture d'esprit.
Seasonal positions. It was great. I've always loved Lush, I was so excited when I got the job. I felt welcomed, co workers were nice and good atmosphere. I was in manufacturing, it was so fun being behind the scenes and working with the product. I'd love to be a core staff. You also get freebies.
it has a friendly environment, the atmosphere is productive and fun, management is very helpful and nice, nothing is hard when you work in this position
Really enjoy working with my co-workers! Management can use a little more guidance here but overall the culture is relaxed yet can be stressful. Try to communicate your career growth goals early on as well.
I loved this job! Great perks and community to work with! We worked on the line packaging and wrapping gifts mostly, it was fast pace but simple work.
I absolutely love working for LUSH. The whole company is so welcoming and fun to work with, if any mistakes are made they laugh with you instead of at you and teach you how to fix them and move on.
I've worked Lush for 3 years now. I started off as a Seasonal Production assistant for 4 months ( Like most people do with in their hiring system) in The Bathbombs warehouse. A month later after the seasonal employees were laid off, I got called back to join in The Dairy pots room and have there since. The management can be very laid back but at times can often lack structure and proper feedback for their employees within the warehouse. The most enjoyable part of lush is being able to be totally be yourself which can strive you to be a better person to yourself and to others co-workers. I have met some awesome people at Lush and have ended up in making great friendships in the process. Lush's culture does not shy away from being a very socialist and involved company in all sorts of politics which can be educating and inspiring with the ongoing charity based seminars & events they hold but can also be contradicting in someways. A usual day for me in the shipping department for me would be me placing boxed finished goods in A larger boxed shell on top of a pallet to be sent off to their distribution center, documenting the product type name, size, destination through using Microsoft Dynamics DAX program. Other duties include emails to & from distro asking for materials and such, checking in with each other making sure there are little as to none discrepancies with finished goods on a daily bases The shipping area of things can get quite demanding and challenging during it's busy seasons (Christmas & Halloween).
I loved working at Lush and am passionate about the company. They are transparent through and through and treat the staff really well. However, as I moved into more senior roles this wasn't always consistent
It is such a pleasure to work at lush. The work activity itself was repetitive and drudging but the team members add some twists to make them fun. We sang songs, made fun conversation while making the soap so the drudgery of the repetitive work was forgotten. The company stresses on friendly and kind behaviour in the workplace and are genuinely conscious of their workers; safety. I felt blissful working there. I always looked forward to going to work!
Pros
Free hot choc
A great store with a fun manager. However shop culture is often stifled by HQ support or lack thereof. An unsupportive DM creates a culture of stress whenever they visit and often roles out initiatives that do not have the customers best interest in mind, and instead are designed to simply make money.
Pros
Discount!
Cons
Long hours.
For the winter season, busy as it was, I really didn't feel like I was working. My job was basically to play with bubbles and rub lotion on people. Highly fragrant environment but was cool with me. A couple of my co-workers were rather snooty, but since they were either floor leader or in charge of SOMETHING important, I had to bite my tongue. I was understanding that the holidays were busy, so it wasn't awful. There were usually plenty of people on, and with how busy it could get, I wished my breaks could have been a bit longer,but all in all I can't complain! Really want to work here again!