Lush Cosmetics

Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

It made me realize my capabilities and I never thought of being a leader anywhere. But working at lush I wish to become a team leader there. There is no discrimination, everyone is always welcomed.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Management can be extremely pushy. Sales ambassadors are forced to go up to the customer multiple times and are forced to push the costumer into buying more than they want. Selling as much as possible is sometimes more important than what the customer wants. Lots of extra work to do outside of work. No commission but expected to work as if there is. The employee discount is 50% off almost everything.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Toxic management, Bad work/life balance, No commission
When I first started the culture was great and it was fun. In the last couple of years new management has really screw it up. Lack of leadership and experience really brought the company down. Sorry Lush has changed!
Pros
Free product
Cons
Dead end job - no advancements
A nice place to work, unfortunately I couldn'y continue because I changed my city. The employees are friendly, I fear being a basic principle of the company. The supervisors motivate at all the tim, give encouragemente, in addition to wonderful smell that factory has.
Lots of really wonderful people to work with here. A very inclusive workplace! Give it a try seasonally! Being a production assistant is a fairly easy job. There is training, but most people pick things up pretty quickly. One thing they need to work on is their wages. It is not competitive with the other manufacturing/warehouse facilities.
Over the past few years the great culture has left this business. Employees and managers are often bullied by factory managers. There is a huge ongoing fight with the parent business in the UK. Employees that have stood up and spoke out were targeted and punished for their honesty. Manufacturing is a mess on every level. It is all very sad because this used to be a fantastic company that values people and their development
Loved the opportunity to create everyday making bath bombs. Would would at lush again in a heartbeat. Great staff and always opportunity to get bonuses
Being a seasonal at Lush cosmetics for a few months was a very enjoyable time for me. The work is fun and always fast paced, you get to meet wonderful people from all over. Lush is a very welcoming place that allows you to move around and gain different experiences. I have been to a few different departments at both Lush factory locations in Toronto and every departments has something for everyone.
I Worked at lush seasonally and it was a fun experience and work environment, I had fun and meeting and working with new people from all different cultures and personalities.
I was a Seasonal, so during the holiday season it gets super hectic and the store can be packed on the last few days before xmas. The 50% off discount is a major bonus and also deadly, you'll end up spending most of your pay check during your breaks/before-after work. Its a super positive environment, the team leaders really encourage positive affirmations, growth and successes. Definitely going to be talking to a lot of people... and demoing products on them which isn't as scary as you think, after you've done it a couple of times. Its competitive but not like you would think, team leaders sometimes set up hourly/daily challenges so if you X amount of gifts or X amount of whatever you get a lil prize, so its a good motivation tool to get talking to people and putting the training you learn into action. Its also great to be in a work environment where everyone is all a bit unique, in terms of style/hair/tattoos. Being yourself feels normal & is encouraging, unlike other employers that want you to conform lol. Overall a great experience, it helped to bring me out of my comfort zone & helped me face my social anxiety. I thought I was quiet/introverted but Lush really made me blossom into being more social. :)
Pros
positive work environment, Smell good all the time, Discount
They paid very good Everyone is ver kindly Hsmsbddnnskgkzjashgsnkzkzxbbdsmsddsjiahsueiwdhsisjbddnjsksbddhkssbxbxzksdhgdjwkwjsydjswkhdhdjsjzcuuskwbee
It's fun working at Lush. I honestly stay at this company because of the people that work there. They make work fun and not boring. Some days work can be stressful depending on production, but some days it's very chill.
The people that did the interviewing were truly great people but the mangers at ballistics we’re not so great but I wish everyone nothing but the best.
Pros: easy work, casual dress code, take home products that aren’t good enough for stores, 50 percent discount. Cons: gossiping, inconsistent standards for what’s expected of your work, seasonal.
Hectic days, takes a few days to get used to being on your feet if you are not used to it. Overall a happy atmosphere and that was the main reasons I chose to do this job over other minimum wage jobs.
LUSH pushes their anti bullying policy onto every single seasonal, every single year but I assume they exclude the core staff in that information? Because the real bullying does infact come from their permanent staff. Let that be bad mouthing, gossip about other seasonals( dont get me started on their own coworkers..) very passive aggressive behavior and favouritism. Very unprofessional. Unless you buddy up to the permanent staff, you will not progress from a seasonal. And even then, there is a high chance they will not be hiring you on. They do love to 'dangle the carrot' of promised permanent position with the hint of 'working harder' for the position to every seasonal. The management is very unorganized.. I've said many times "it's a revolving door job". Besides meeting great fellow seasonals and sometimes a great bonus... it's really not worth it.
Working with the Queen St store manager was literally painful, she assumes you’re an idiot that doesn’t know anything, doesn’t trust anyone to do a good job and isn’t eager to give her employees more responsibilities. I worked there for less than three months and more than half of the team quit in that time because of that reason and you never get enough hours and the bonus very rarely happens so for Toronto you basically live in poverty.
Having no two days alike was one of my favorite things about the position. Lots of runaround and no solutions with problems in the work place, constantly over staffed or understaffed with very little accountability from management.
Lush is an unfair organization by not giving chances to people again whom have already worked 1 season. Lush hiring staff listens to the permanent employees working there who were either jealous or too competitive they don't want you there. You won't get a good reference from here. There is alot of favouritism, gossip and bad mouthing
Pros
Colorful, glitter, fun, music
Cons
Bad management, jealous employees, favouritism, workplace politics, unfairness
they like to discriminate to others always talk behind your back and hire people of there own kind lush is the worst place to ever work for they spit in your face never work here bad management. they tell you even that when you work there and want to reply because it is seaonal that you are not fit for the job wtf lush is a joke and so are the people there dont even buy there products over priced
Coworkers and training staff were always friendly and supportive and pay was competitive for other similar retail jobs and the discount is great. Management, on the other hand, was very much based on favoritism. Dress code didn't count for preferred employees but was harshly critiqued on those who had less availability such as students. Not very nice about time off either, there are sick days given as benefits, however, management is extremely vocal about discouraging employees using their own benefits, especially for mental health-related issues. Work/life balance is nonexistent if you cant provide an "open" availability of 40 hours a week, even for casual staff. You have to book life 3 weeks in advance (17 days before the week start, which could be a full month in February) which is impossible for students who have co-op or other involved learning opportunities. For a workplace that prides itself on HS/YA aged employees and a youthful/fun demographic, they really should be more forgiving of life as it happens. Also, it's retail, it shouldn't be a career as more of a first job or stepping stone, and yet you have to prove you plan on being with the company for years before promotion and a 2$ pay raise. At Christmas and other peak holidays, availability is thrown out the window and you are scheduled 'as the business needs' which means limited holiday time with loved ones. Finally, one should know that my store cycled through 5 managers in a 3-year span, which translates to no consistency in workplace guidelines and retraining every few months so that we could bring external high - more...