Lush Cosmetics

Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews in Etobicoke, ON

I have been working as a seasonal distribution associate part-time at weekends. It was an amazing experience to work within teams and making better workplace. My supervisors were always keen to help and effective in whatever they did. They truly cared about the employees. I learned so much about the products, picking and packaging. I appreciate a lot. Good culture, there was no discrimination; everyone was always welcomed. The staff and the atmosphere were so friendly. I really enjoyed the experience of working with such a great company. Would recommend!
At the Etobicoke Manufacturing facility, they somehow made an easy job one of the most frustrating I've ever worked. Absolutely no proper training and severe lack or organization made me dread every day. Once you learned how to make the products, it became easier, but the place was so unorganized and gossipy that it still ended up being awful. Lots of in-fighting and health guidelines were a joke. To give them credit, they had many more health/wellness benefits than expected, even paid for steel-toes if you don't have them. But the work environment was toxic and frustrating to work in. Wouldn't recommend.
Pros
Easy job, Decent Benefits, Consistent hours
Cons
Bad mangement, toxic environment
Etobicoke distribution centre is an absolute mess. Nobody has mutual respect for anybody else and if you are not on top you will be stepped on like a piece of crp. Don’t work here if you value your happiness. If you are a female do not apply, you will be relentlessly bullied by the young female coworkers and then bullied by the management when you try to bring it up.
Pros
nothing
Cons
absolutely everything
I made good friends here and had a healthy relationship with my co-workers. Wouldn't do assembly line work at a factory again though since the repetitive molding of soaps wore and tore at my shoulders which needed physiotherapy and physical therapy a few months after the job.
Pros
Bosses were all very very kind, co-workers are generally nice people
Cons
Very very physically demanding and repetitive motions dangerous for physical health, long hours into the evening
This is the best place I have ever worked. Only down side is it's hard to get hired on after season. But you have the option to go back year after year 🙂
The mangers were super cool and hip. They allowed everyone to choose music they like. There isn't a dress code, just steel toes required. 50% discount was awesome. They offer coffee, hot chocolate and teas at no extra cost. And there is also a foosball table which is kind of fun. There is always an opportunity to get more hours in. An you leave work smelling so good, you'll be turning heads and maybe even getting compliments.
Great company Well organized staff Safe environment Fast paced Access Accessible location
Work culture is great. They're passionate about safety, creativity and inclusivity. But they should give benefits and fair pay rates to their seasonal production workers as well.
The strong odour is so overwhelming, every one have to wear a mask and eye google, very minimum movement, workers have to stand in a position for hours this really make the job tidious and tiring. A lot of injuries reports, managers and supervisors careless about workers but make them work like robots to meet daily target.
Boring, repetitive and heavy job, the permanents people use the seasonals to make the heavy job, no one is professional in this place, no organization
Pros
Easy to apply
Cons
Poor environment
I would recommend to anybody that is interested in working in a very fast-paced and fun environment. Enjoys some high demanding work and very reliable worker to put potential effort into their duties.
If you are more of an introvert and do not like meeting people or find approaching people nerve racking, this job is not for you. They make you find ways to continue a conversation with customers to try to get them to buy stuff to drive sales.... there is NEVER a time where you are doing nothing. Breaks aren't even that long. However, I do support stores that are trying to make a difference in the world. So if you are outgoing, bubbly and want to feel good about where you are working, Lush is the place for you.
Terrible favoritism and bullying within the upper management. If you don't agree with their "new age" way of thinking they will deliberately exclude you from all meetings and the "inside track.: I was asked to do illegal things my very first day of work by their Director Of Manufacturing.
Where to begin? Intense sales goals for minimum wage. Some of the managers made fun of or insulted the staff regularly. People got injured from repetitive movement everyday and they do not choose to believe you and try to force you to do tasks despite injury. I witnessed one of the supervisors telling one injured lady to appreciate the fact that she even has a job. The managers are aware of who this person is and choose not to take action despite proof. They promised us a gift bag for the end and I never saw it. Nor did anyone else in my department. Last year, they paid staff 2 more dollars to do the same tasks that people were getting injured doing this year. Christmas dinner was promised for the staff. The other departments got more food. Some people never got anything to eat. They even ran out of plates! No vegetarian options for those unfortunate enough to be at the end of the line for the promised free food. No vegan options besides a salad (unless at the end of the line). They say they are all inclusive in the community but insisted on only acknowledging christian and catholic christmas traditions. I am shocked and ashamed of this. They say they will notify you if you get an extension in your contract. They do not tell you until the final day. Sometimes 2 days after you think you have finished. This is extremely unprofessional. I refuse to purchase or encourage anyone from buying lush products until they uphold the standards they advertise to the world.
Working at lush was a great experience, it was relaxed, worked in an acceptable pace and is a culture friendly environment, there were alot of people to meet
I did lot of jobs in my back home but I never got the environment which I have experience in lush. Every one is helpful in the work area. My manager helps me lot. I learned lot of thing there.
Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics has a policy and processing in working clearly. The team group is a friendly, productive and fun workplace. They sometimes held on wonderful activities for all the staffs enjoyed together.
Lush is probably one of those best company to work at because its fun, interesting and very welcoming. Everyone is so welcoming and understanding and you get to work in different departments, which is a great advancement.
great experience with my co workers. it was awesome working for a green company that is always thinking of new ways to go greener. work will always be work no matter where you go but the colour and scents always kept things interesting. learned alot.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
too far from where i lived
Fun place to work. Easy jobs that are basically diy projects. Just way too far for me to commute everyday. Pay is fair but ofc could be better. Hours are hard if your doing overnight.
Wasn't bad for what it was, you smell good everytime you leave work and you get to take defective products home. 50% off in store products was nice for Christmas gifts