Lush Cosmetics

Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews in Coquitlam, BC

Great place to work. The team is so friendly and encouraging. It was a very welcoming place. Everyone was extremely nice and understanding. I never felt judged or lost when I was there.
You can only feel secured if your a assitant, manager or a team lead, sales associates have to make sure theu hve enough hours and make sure they balance thier pay cheque since lush has a weird pay period. Some mangers make you repeat a very cult like sales pitch and make us the annoying sales person when we know how to read customers tht dont want a full basket and soend over 200.00 in store
Pros
Products to try and discount
Cons
Competitive hours and weird pay periods
They pay you minimum wage to do the work of 3 people (stock, cash, and sales) and you have to go above and beyond every single shift. Bit much for just minimum wage part time. You do get 50% off though which is good and coworkers are usually pretty friendy
Managers were friendly, knowledgeable and great to work with. Everyone who applied for seasonal wanted to be be there and making a positive environment. Even when it was busy the store stayed fun and lively. Was encouraged to demo ever product it was awesome. I would have applied to stay on but was moving in the Feb and minimum wage wasn't going to cut rent.
Pros
50% discount, positive friendly environment and staff
Cons
low wage but other wise not many at all
Typical day at work would start with half an hour of deep cleaning on section in the store, afterwards we'd start the opening of tills and set up bowls of water and the fresh mask display. Clean whatever was not done from the night before and then open the store when it was time. We'd start selling, greeting customers and getting into consultations. I've learned to always put the customer first and to never assume, to be determined in getting the task given at hand and problem solve conflicts when presented. The workplace culture was one of the best aspects, all were welcome, everyone was engaged, and accepted and the atmosphere was light and friendly. Management had it's own pro and cons, but overall did try and adjust to everyone's needs. The most difficult part of this job was the mental work you had to put in, and the most enjoyable part was connecting with customers walking in and truly making their day.
Pros
Free snacks on special occasions.
Cons
mentally draining, requests off were hard to get.
I worked with them as a seasonal sales associate and they hired 30 people for that period. They kept 4 of us and encouraged the rest to apply again whenever there is an opening. I applied again to another location and now I am going through the interviews. Great working culture and fun place to work. 50% discount for staff.
Working at Lush over all was a great experience. The company itself it’s great. There’s a lot of perks to working for Lush, and if you love sustainability and natural products this is the company for you. I will continue to buy their products even though I don’t get the discount anymore because I know all the ethical work and amazing hand made love and care go into their products. The management and staff at times felt a bit intense around not letting customers “just look around” you have to basically follow them until they tell you to leave them alone. Don’t assume. Sometimes felt pressure to try and sell things to people that they didn’t want. If you’re shy this might not be the job for you. Christmas season gets absolutely crazy and customers can be very demanding. Even though at times it was hard this job made me better at talking to people, and realizing what real customer service is.
Pros
Product discounts, friendly staff
Cons
gets very busy at times, can’t switch shifts, can’t be introverted
During my last working period, I have trained and learned how to provide extraordinary customer service on the sales floor: welcoming customers, understanding customer’s needs, offering suggestions to customers, providing support while demonstrating the products, cross-selling, and orienting customers to other departments if necessary.
I love working at LUSH, it is one of the most morally ethical and prosperous companies I have ever worked for. I am constantly challenged and am always ready to learn new and exciting things. I love being part of the LUSH team where everyone is incredibly friendly and brings a high energy to the workplace. I feel very strongly about giving optimal customer care and LUSH is the first place that really takes that part of the job into account. Building relationships with customers and meeting their needs is extremely important to me and I feel that with LUSH I can finally accomplish this.
Pros
Customer interactions, discount on product and a happy working environment.
Cons
Not enough hours, tightly knit work place.