Lush Cosmetics

Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

I LOVED working at lush, its not a forever job, the company isn't really big enough to grow within, but a great part-time mall job for sure. everyone is super positive and outgoing, management is super fair and understanding. all in all a great place
Lush is a company currently going through a lot of changes that they do not know how to handle properly. They promote a healthy work/life balance, while also insisting that full-time employees not have any availability restrictions (ex. Thursday evenings off). The HR department is practically non-existent, and each shop is run completely differently depending on the whims of the manager in charge. If you're looking for a full-time position, I would not recommend it simply because of the internal drama, but staying at an entry level position, which is typically casual hours is fine.
Pros
LGBT inclusive, generally welcoming environment
Cons
Unpredictable hours, Flaky standards, Unorganized
It was amazing. As a transgender man I was worried about being able to work. They helped me amensly to fit in with a working community. They were super inclusive & put my standard of job culture up.
Pros
Free products
More of a community of friends having fun than a job. While there's always work to be done, it's fun, the employees are friendly, and the management helpful.
It was a very fast pass environment where I learned to prioritize my time effectively. It is a very enthusiastic place where costumer experience and care is a vital part. A very diverse environment where I was able to learn a lot about different backgrounds through conversations with costumers.
Pros
costumer service
Cons
lazy co-workers
The training is incredible, you will never forget what you are taught. Great customers and great people to work with. I loved just having fun at work.
I really enjoyed working at LUSH! Working in a company that held the same values I did, with a warm and welcoming work atmosphere was amazing! The management was very kind and coached me through sales techniques to make sure that I did the best I could in every shift.
Pros
Very nice atmosphere
Cons
Standing for long hours
Fun job but very stressful sometimes. You would constantly have to be on a customer's back even if they didn't want help which could get frustrating. Overall it was a fun job, though, and the other staff were wonderful and amazing to work with.
I worked here in my last year of high school. The management believed in me and invested so much time and knowledge to help me grow as and employee. If i could work at a lush again, I definitely would. I left for University, and I miss lush everyday.
Pros
People!!
I was always learning something new, whether it be a new approach to customers, new products, or even just a skill that came with the store. Being my first job, I learned a lot about retail and so far I've loved it, I get to experience a wide variety of people and it's always exciting. The workers act like a big happy family and we were always bringing other people in and doing our best to make them feel at home. The hardest part of this job was learning to come out of my shell, I'm a quiet person, but working in an environment I'm passionate about and can relate to really let me express and be myself, making it easier to become more out going. Overall, I love LUSH and will always be a "Lushie", getting the chance to work at the store was an amazing opportunity and I'm glad that that was my first job as it made me feel ready to go out and experience other jobs.
Pros
Product discount, working in an ethical environment, fun people
Cons
Overwhelming smells, small store
-One of the best companies, if not the best company I've ever worked for. -Extensive training for new shop managers -Lots of amazing programs and systems in place to encourage staff development and advancement -Managers are encouraged to take full ownership of their stores and embrace their entrepreneurial spirit
As I was hired as a seasonal sales associate, I wasn't able to have the hours or job security that would be given to full-time workers. However, the management at my store was amazing, It was obvious they all loved their jobs and were ready and willing to help any customer that came in. I was able to learn a lot about the vast variety of products in a small amount of time, as at Lush you're encouraged to give demos on the products.
Pros
Always left work happy and energetic
Cons
Not enough hours