Lush Cosmetics
Lush Cosmetics Employee Review

Positive & fast paced

16 January 2020
I was a Seasonal, so during the holiday season it gets super hectic and the store can be packed on the last few days before xmas. The 50% off discount is a major bonus and also deadly, you'll end up spending most of your pay check during your breaks/before-after work. Its a super positive environment, the team leaders really encourage positive affirmations, growth and successes. Definitely going to be talking to a lot of people... and demoing products on them which isn't as scary as you think, after you've done it a couple of times. Its competitive but not like you would think, team leaders sometimes set up hourly/daily challenges so if you X amount of gifts or X amount of whatever you get a lil prize, so its a good motivation tool to get talking to people and putting the training you learn into action. Its also great to be in a work environment where everyone is all a bit unique, in terms of style/hair/tattoos. Being yourself feels normal & is encouraging, unlike other employers that want you to conform lol. Overall a great experience, it helped to bring me out of my comfort zone & helped me face my social anxiety. I thought I was quiet/introverted but Lush really made me blossom into being more social. :)
3.0Job security/advancement
Pros
positive work environment, Smell good all the time, Discount
7 September 2020
Same roleSame location
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
Management can be extremely pushy. Sales ambassadors are forced to go up to the customer multiple times and are forced to push the costumer into buying more than they want. Selling as much as possible is sometimes more important than what the customer wants. Lots of extra work to do outside of work. No commission but expected to work as if there is. The employee discount is 50% off almost everything.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Toxic management, Bad work/life balance, No commission
26 June 2020
Same role
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) - Oshawa, ON
Stand by their values to a T Equal opportunity employer Room for growth Excellent virtual training & guidance Great discount Will work gif them again at any opportunity
4 September 2020
Same location
Mechanic (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
When I first started the culture was great and it was fun. In the last couple of years new management has really screw it up. Lack of leadership and experience really brought the company down. Sorry Lush has changed!
Pros
Free product
Cons
Dead end job - no advancements