Lush Cosmetics

Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

I've worked for Lush for four years and it is truly an incredible business. There is space to grow, it feels like family and you learn so much. The ongoing training and feedback helps you grow and become the best version of yourself. Always seeking new innovative way to make their employees and customers specials, Lush really knows how to make you want to stick with the company and always come back as a customer. I love their culture, their values, how they see the relationship between a sales person and the customer. I loved my experience and I am very sad to have to leave (moving to another country!). I will keep great memories and will be a forever customer!
Pros
You always smell amazing!
Bonne expérience chez Lush, une belle équipe qui est à l'écoute.
there was always Drama going on. It was like being in high school. There was always someone talking behind your back, all the managers are pushy and expected you to complete crazy tasks in a short period of time. Also if you don’t fit their political agenda no one will like you
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Drama
They use cult in their branding for a reason. You have to have full time availability for part time/casual hours. Pay well but you don’t get hours and can’t get a second job. If you don’t eat breath and sweat everything they stand for you don’t stand a chance. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get anywhere with this company. I was there three years, was promised four promotions where I received only one measly one. Promotions aren’t based on how long you’ve been there, or how well you preform, it’s based on if the management thinks you’re fun to be around. They act like it is a privilege to work for them. Run far away.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Bad management, they don’t value your personal life, not a sustainable wage, really only good for teenagers.
The team leaders were quite passive and don't do well with people that stress easily. The training methods for learning set you up to fail (most of the time). The coworkers always had very fake very unpleasant positive energy and often talked behind other coworker's backs. It's like High School where you get judged on your personality and if you don't fit in everyone talks about you. No security or respect. I loved Lush for years. Until I worked there. Haven't bought anything from them since. It's a great company. They just seem to have the wrong people working for it. Very toxic
Pros
Discont was 50% off
Cons
Stressful coworkers
Management can be extremely pushy. Sales ambassadors are forced to go up to the customer multiple times and are forced to push the costumer into buying more than they want. Selling as much as possible is sometimes more important than what the customer wants. Lots of extra work to do outside of work. No commission but expected to work as if there is. The employee discount is 50% off almost everything.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Toxic management, Bad work/life balance, No commission
When I first started the culture was great and it was fun. In the last couple of years new management has really screw it up. Lack of leadership and experience really brought the company down. Sorry Lush has changed!
Pros
Free product
Cons
Dead end job - no advancements
You can only feel secured if your a assitant, manager or a team lead, sales associates have to make sure theu hve enough hours and make sure they balance thier pay cheque since lush has a weird pay period. Some mangers make you repeat a very cult like sales pitch and make us the annoying sales person when we know how to read customers tht dont want a full basket and soend over 200.00 in store
Pros
Products to try and discount
Cons
Competitive hours and weird pay periods
There's not much to say other than the fact it was a wonderful place to work, I loved my tasks, customers and coworkers. You are always being pushed to be a better version of yourself, hold yourself accountable and respect everyone around you.
Cons
Christmas's are INSANE
Etobicoke distribution centre is an absolute mess. Nobody has mutual respect for anybody else and if you are not on top you will be stepped on like a piece of crp. Don’t work here if you value your happiness. If you are a female do not apply, you will be relentlessly bullied by the young female coworkers and then bullied by the management when you try to bring it up.
Pros
nothing
Cons
absolutely everything
I made good friends here and had a healthy relationship with my co-workers. Wouldn't do assembly line work at a factory again though since the repetitive molding of soaps wore and tore at my shoulders which needed physiotherapy and physical therapy a few months after the job.
Pros
Bosses were all very very kind, co-workers are generally nice people
Cons
Very very physically demanding and repetitive motions dangerous for physical health, long hours into the evening
I really look forward to work at lush again. They are very cooperative to their employees and treat them fairly and the wages are also good. I would really recommend to work here.
Stand by their values to a T Equal opportunity employer Room for growth Excellent virtual training & guidance Great discount Will work gif them again at any opportunity
I LOVED working at lush, its not a forever job, the company isn't really big enough to grow within, but a great part-time mall job for sure. everyone is super positive and outgoing, management is super fair and understanding. all in all a great place
The objectives of the organization and how they are implemented at various levels is quite commendable. One of the best and most creative organization to work with.
fun work place, great employees and company beliefs. Fun for a casual job but difficult to advance in, upper management doesnt seem to like promoting from within.
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
all over the place hours and low pay
It made me realize my capabilities and I never thought of being a leader anywhere. But working at lush I wish to become a team leader there. There is no discrimination, everyone is always welcomed.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
This is the best place I have ever worked. Only down side is it's hard to get hired on after season. But you have the option to go back year after year 🙂
LUSH is a great company to work for; they really value their employees as people. The job itself is pretty fun - who doesn't want to play with bubbles all day! And though we were really busy during the Christmas season, I never dreaded work.
The mangers were super cool and hip. They allowed everyone to choose music they like. There isn't a dress code, just steel toes required. 50% discount was awesome. They offer coffee, hot chocolate and teas at no extra cost. And there is also a foosball table which is kind of fun. There is always an opportunity to get more hours in. An you leave work smelling so good, you'll be turning heads and maybe even getting compliments.
A nice place to work, unfortunately I couldn'y continue because I changed my city. The employees are friendly, I fear being a basic principle of the company. The supervisors motivate at all the tim, give encouragemente, in addition to wonderful smell that factory has.