Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Environnement de travail enrichissant
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC12 April 2018
Les employés sont tous heureux/ses d'être aux travailles, toujours souriants, enjoués.
Pros
Belle expérience, 50% de rabais
Cons
Peu d'heures pour le déplacement
workplace culture
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 April 2018
It was a very fast pass environment where I learned to prioritize my time effectively. It is a very enthusiastic place where costumer experience and care is a vital part. A very diverse environment where I was able to learn a lot about different backgrounds through conversations with costumers.
Pros
costumer service
Cons
lazy co-workers
Production Assistant Christmas Season 2017
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 April 2018
Ballistics (bathbombs) department, hundreds hired from August thru mid-Oct for seasonal work. Told it could lead to FT. Dominantly south east asian workers with Indian and Filipino managers. Staff shortage mid Oct led to random farm workers hired and delivered by vanloads for a 3-week period. Crowded conditions sometimes you could not sit for lunch. First week of Dec, managers informed work week cut to 3 days! Eventually abt 2% or less of seasonals hired FT. Good if you're young, fun, LGBTQ or south asian, (or both!) looking for short term employment (essentially christmas $$) with minor opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Environmental ethics, 50% product discount, subsidized bus pass, steel toe discount
Cons
little opportunity for advancement, stand in same spot during shift, dusty (powders) environment
Great place to work but dont give you any hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 April 2018
Loved working for lush but they couldn't offer full time , The company is amazing and all the coworkers were great , my manager was not great but i dont fault the company
Pros
awesome work enviroment
Cons
no hours
Lovely workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC4 April 2018
I've worked seasonally for LUSH twice now, and I really enjoyed it both times. There are lots of opportunity for rewards based on your performance, and the overall workplace culture is really positive.
Fun place to work
Reach Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2018
Hired as a seasonal employee (Christmas) with the desire to be hired on. Young people with a with the ability to relate and converse with all ages , and all genders.
Pros
Occasional samples of products.
Cons
Extreme work levels over the course of the year
fast pace
Shipper/ Inventory (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 March 2018
its a nice place to work. its just that most filipinos are talking behind each others back. they dont like when you give new ideas to simplify and make the system more efficient.
Pros
fun
Cons
back fighting
Productive and fun
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON25 March 2018
Fun and diverse environment to work at. It has great activities. I love how open the working environment. Satisfying pay grade. I didnt really find it hard to work in this type of environment mostly because it has music while you are working.
Factory job that leaves you smelling great
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON23 March 2018
There are many different departments in the Lush factory where you can work, I worked in the bottling department. Which must be the least messy of them all.

It was a relatively easy job, very monotonous. You either sat in a chair filling bottles as fast as possible, or you stood at the same table, twisting lids onto the bottles after they were filled.

Seeing how the product is made, starting right from fresh ingredients like avocados, fruits, honey, etc. was a really cool experience.

The hours we're normal, roughly 7am-330pm, 330pm-11pm and I believe there was a midnight shift.
Pros
great experience, sometimes free avocados.
Cons
alot of overtime
Amazing Experience
Sales (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 March 2018
I adore Lush, their products, their ethics, and the other employees. I loved working with likeminded individuals and helping customers find the perfect products for them. I worked there for 2 Christmases in a row and loved it every time.
Great atmosphere
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 March 2018
Overall it was a great working environment, however some of the staff were problematic. A lot of support from managers, and many incentives for good work.
Overall enjoyable job with lots of teaching experiences
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 March 2018
Overall working with Lush is a fun experience, you had the opportunity to learn some really amazing things and the company supplies opportunities to get involved with and learn about other aspects in the Lush world that are beyond your current position.

Moving up within the company is very dependent on your current manager. As with all companies some strive to push you forward and watch you grow, well others are happy with where you are and don't focus as much on their teams growth.
Amazing Job
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2018
Great job ,a lot of fun people to work with. Work can be a bit repetitive however. I definitely recommend this job to anyone who likes active work in fast paced environment
Pros
Great pay, Wonderful co workers
Cons
Would rather work in the factory than retail.
Seasonal Sales Associate & Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2018
I enjoyed my brief time working with LUSH products, learning a lot about natural cosmetics and skin and hair care. I also learned a lot about how to give good customer service through their rigorous training.
amazing
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 March 2018
wonderful job. understanding and patient management. fun coworkers. super happy and open work environment easy for people of any background to work in. easy to move up through the company.
Great!
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK, Canada10 March 2018
A great working environment filled with great coworkers. They cared a great deal about one's emotional standing and did their best to assign tasks that suited the individual.
Loved working here
Sales Ambassador-Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC8 March 2018
I really loved working here for so many reasons, the ethics of the company, the products, the co-workers, the support and positivity, the staff discount!
I was only hired as a seasonal staff member for Christmas and wasn't able to stay on after. But I would welcome an opportunity to work for them in the future and will be reapplying in the Spring as I was encouraged to do.
meh
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2018
had a problem with my adp login that was never resolved - some long-term employees were a bit fake and pressured me into reapproaching customers after they've specifically stated they didnt want any help (the customer wanting to be left alone was considered a personal failure)
Pros
50%off
Cons
too much expectations for a minimum wage job
Stressful and unorganized
Shipper (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON6 March 2018
Management and leadership are unorganized and do not communicate effectively with their employees. Do not make employees feel supported or valued. There is a lot of favoritism happening in the company, certain people will benefit and get away with things, while others will not. Work days are completely inconsistent. Some days are extremely long and busy and others there is nothing to do, so pay is also inconsistent. Very stressful and frustrating.
Pros
Benefits, paid volunteer opportunities.
Cons
inconsistent hours, unorganized management
Productive & Fun
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2018
All staff members were extremely friendly. Great atmosphere to work in. Very diverse staff. Benefits and perks were a great addition to the job. Overall, a super fun and energetic environment to work in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2