Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Great company
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON8 September 2018
Great company with a great vision. The company is growing at a fast pace so there's a lot of transitions and opportunities inside. They have great benefits and pay for manufacturing and shipping jobs is above market averages. However, I believe pay for admin and technical roles is lagging behind.
Pros
charity events, seasonal parties, free lunch every now and then
Cons
still growing and in a transitional state so management is not yet stable
Amazing work place
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 September 2018
Very upbeat fast pace work. I worked with different people almost everyday so it was nice getting to know so many people. Making and packing bathbombs is hard work, but it pays off with free bathbombs!!
Pros
Free coffee and bathbombs
Cons
Smelly work place
Positive fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 August 2018
Working at Lush was always a great experience, I believe out of an entire year of working there I only had one bad day. The staff are always friendly and were always learning about new products, where they come from, how theyre produced and our customers were always the best. If you can get a job with them, Id recommend holding onto it!
Great work environment
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS22 August 2018
Lush is one of the best companies to work for. They take great care of their employees, making sure they are not over worked and are very well educated. They create a fun and exciting work environment that makes you want to be at your job every day.
Fun place to work
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2018
great experience, wonderful company to work for.
I loved the open minded and environmental conciusness.
The factory is a very relaxed and fun place to work
Pros
free bathbooms
Diverse, comfortable, creative place to work.
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON12 August 2018
I am a hard working, positive person that is creative & dedicated. I am incredibly excited to get started on creating & meet the team! I cannot wait to get started.

🛁
Pros
Diversity
Great workplace for development
Floor Leader & Social Media Networker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 August 2018
I worked here for four years and I am so lucky to work for a great company, great managers and with some wonderful people. I would definitely recommend for someone who is outgoing and willing to work hard.
Used to be an amazing place to work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON1 August 2018
Great facilities. Had a great culture, but changing for the worse. Too many politics and gossip. Favoritism is the main change for worse in how Lush Manufacturing operates ( in Toronto specifically). If senior likes you, regardless of how bad you are at your job, you will never get in trouble. If they don't, it's only a matter of time before the case is built to get you out.

Great place for career starters! Don't stay here too long. Get experience and move on.

Systems and forecasts are horrible... changing information and providing inaccurate one all the time. Makes you do guestimate decisions. If you made one wrong, it's on you.

Poor performance management or lack of it with junior level staff. Again, if they like you, you can do whatever you want.

With more senior level staff, its all about how much senior boss likes you. Taking credit for your efforts and giving credit to others for your efforts is a day-to-day thing.

Overall, has been an outstanding place especially for young career starters, but becoming worse and worse.

I think it is still a great place for lower level jobs in production.
The ideal job
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 July 2018
Honestly, I loved working at Lush. I came home every night to my partner with a story that had made me smile. I enjoyed the way I was trained, the way I was spoken to by coworkers and management, and I loved getting to take home slightly damaged products. It was also an incredible feeling to know that I worked somewhere that was trying to make a difference abound the world; whether it was on the environment, acceptance of the LGBTQ+ community, or other grassroots causes.
Pros
free samples, great coworkers, soft hands from all the cream, taking unsellable items home
Cons
the smell gave some of my coworkers hadaches, but I got used to it in the 1st week
Le meilleur travail que j'ai eu
Associée aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC18 July 2018
Les valeurs de la compagnie sont excellentes, l'équipe est super le fun à travailler avec et ce sont de très bonnes personnes. Je me sentais chez moi. Malheureusement je n'ai été que saisonnière et ils n'avaient de d'assez bon chiffres pour me réengager, mais si je n'ai pas d'emploi d'ici mi-septembre, j'y retourne absolument!
Amazing culture
Brand and Product Trainer Support (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON15 July 2018
Love working with lush! The work culture there is amazing and so are the people. The work you do everyday is life changing because you know you are making a small (but effective) difference in our world as a cosmetics company.
Pros
Charity pot
Wonderful place to work
Senior Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC30 June 2018
The staff are amazing and fun people to work with. Loved the energy of the place, Customers were both good and bad, management was a little unorganized and frustrating at times. I did feel stagnant and development was not happening. The company promotes moving up in the company but after three years this never happened to me and I was quite upset when a position above did open up and I would have to compete for it against someone who has not been there as long and have as much seniority. Overall one of the best jobs I've had and the reason I stayed for so long.
Pros
Environment, staff, energy, discount product
Cons
Less work life balance, unorganized, no development
environnement de travail
Conseillère en vente (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 June 2018
Tout le monde est très positif et agréable, toujours de bonne humeur, bien organisé, ambiance chaleureuse, les objectifs sont bien expliqués et donc plus faciles à atteindre.
great atmosphere and room to grow in the company
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON27 June 2018
everyone is accepted.
they care about equity.
opportunity to grown in the company is highly likely.
management keeps the flow of things in check without being demanding.
they educate you about the history of the company.
mehhhh
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2018
fast pace environment
good training staff
over time opportunities, good hours
outgoing and helpful managment
sometimes free lunches
friendly co workers
Pros
lots of opportunity for advancement
Cons
stinks
Very fun working there
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 June 2018
I enjoyed working at lush because I've met a lot of people/workmates. We have our breaks together and they are happy to work with. Sometimes we are so busy because we need to finish our job on time, but in the end we are satisfied in the job that we did that day.
Pros
Free broken products
Satisfaite
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Rosemère, QC12 June 2018
J'ai aimé travailler pour Lush cosmetic.
Le personnel était sympathique et efficace.
Cependant, je n'ai pas aimé comment c'était géré par la gérante.
Emotionally Draining
Floor Leader (Former Employee) –  Canada11 June 2018
My time at Lush started out as the most magical experience ever, I was a favourite out of the seasonal staff and quickly became a core staff and took on lots of roles and promotions. I learned so much about sales, my own personal values, ingredients and effects, skincare and haircare and the discount was incredible. The staff I worked with were some of the coolest people Ive ever met and I'm still friends with a handful of current and previous employees.
HOWEVER, in my two and a half years with the company I watched 13 core staff (not seasonal) be either terminated or "talked into" resigning for poor reasons. Once you are no longer a favourite, nothing you can ever do is good enough, you constantly receive "feedback" which is basically telling you all of the things you should have sold instead of the things you did sell, are forced to provide feedback and coaching to staff on things that are irrelevant and stupid. The higher staff are extremely catty and unprofessional, I met my regional manager one time and she "didnt think I had what it took" so she had me demoted from a floor leader back down to a sales staff, (one of the three least paid staff on my team) and i was still scheduled to open, close, train other staff, and was held to the same expectations without the pay. The staff who were promoted to my previous position would call me at close because they didnt know what to do, but were scares to call the MIT or Manager and tell them they didnt know because they knew they would get in trouble so I was forced to tell people who didnt knowwhat they were doing how to do my
  more... job as they got paid more than me and I was unappreciated by the upper management. This was their way of trying to get me to quit, and when I applied myself even more to try and get myself into my previous position, I was talked into resigning instead of being terminated for failing to meet expectations which constantly change depending on who you ask, what day it is and what mood everybody is in. It's impossible to balance your schedule because in order to work 5-10 hours a week you need to be available one full week day and one full weekend day, and full time like myself (which was only 30 hours, still working 5-10 closing shifts) you needed to be fully available with no other commitments. It was expected of you to constantly train on the floor when there were no customers, but somehow it was expected of you to learn ALL of your product knowledge on new products at home "on your own time"  less
Pros
discount, benefits, cool coworkers
Cons
unrealistic expectations, catty managers, poor work/life balance
Love lush
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 June 2018
I was only seasonal and was not taken on full time when my contract ended. I dealt with sone health issue during my time there and my superiors were very helpful and accomodating as far as scheduling and aick days were concerned. Their values and ethics of the company are superior to many large companies. They have amazing charitable campaigns and their employee base really belives in the company. The workplace is friendly, the employees are welcoming and extremely positive. "Happy people making happy soap" is a very fitting motto.
Pros
Great employee benefits, environmentally conscious, cruelty free, caring and friendly environment to work in
Cons
Not much job availability, lots of employees, location/commute
It was nice
Lush Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 May 2018
It was nice and I enjoyed it overall however it could be quite hective at time and we generally are overstaffed. Discounts are greta and everyone is super nice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2