Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Very fun working there
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 June 2018
I enjoyed working at lush because I've met a lot of people/workmates. We have our breaks together and they are happy to work with. Sometimes we are so busy because we need to finish our job on time, but in the end we are satisfied in the job that we did that day.
Pros
Free broken products
Satisfaite
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Rosemère, QC12 June 2018
J'ai aimé travailler pour Lush cosmetic.
Le personnel était sympathique et efficace.
Cependant, je n'ai pas aimé comment c'était géré par la gérante.
Emotionally Draining
Floor Leader (Former Employee) –  Canada11 June 2018
My time at Lush started out as the most magical experience ever, I was a favourite out of the seasonal staff and quickly became a core staff and took on lots of roles and promotions. I learned so much about sales, my own personal values, ingredients and effects, skincare and haircare and the discount was incredible. The staff I worked with were some of the coolest people Ive ever met and I'm still friends with a handful of current and previous employees.
HOWEVER, in my two and a half years with the company I watched 13 core staff (not seasonal) be either terminated or "talked into" resigning for poor reasons. Once you are no longer a favourite, nothing you can ever do is good enough, you constantly receive "feedback" which is basically telling you all of the things you should have sold instead of the things you did sell, are forced to provide feedback and coaching to staff on things that are irrelevant and stupid. The higher staff are extremely catty and unprofessional, I met my regional manager one time and she "didnt think I had what it took" so she had me demoted from a floor leader back down to a sales staff, (one of the three least paid staff on my team) and i was still scheduled to open, close, train other staff, and was held to the same expectations without the pay. The staff who were promoted to my previous position would call me at close because they didnt know what to do, but were scares to call the MIT or Manager and tell them they didnt know because they knew they would get in trouble so I was forced to tell people who didnt knowwhat they were doing how to do my
  more... job as they got paid more than me and I was unappreciated by the upper management. This was their way of trying to get me to quit, and when I applied myself even more to try and get myself into my previous position, I was talked into resigning instead of being terminated for failing to meet expectations which constantly change depending on who you ask, what day it is and what mood everybody is in. It's impossible to balance your schedule because in order to work 5-10 hours a week you need to be available one full week day and one full weekend day, and full time like myself (which was only 30 hours, still working 5-10 closing shifts) you needed to be fully available with no other commitments. It was expected of you to constantly train on the floor when there were no customers, but somehow it was expected of you to learn ALL of your product knowledge on new products at home "on your own time"  less
Pros
discount, benefits, cool coworkers
Cons
unrealistic expectations, catty managers, poor work/life balance
Love lush
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 June 2018
I was only seasonal and was not taken on full time when my contract ended. I dealt with sone health issue during my time there and my superiors were very helpful and accomodating as far as scheduling and aick days were concerned. Their values and ethics of the company are superior to many large companies. They have amazing charitable campaigns and their employee base really belives in the company. The workplace is friendly, the employees are welcoming and extremely positive. "Happy people making happy soap" is a very fitting motto.
Pros
Great employee benefits, environmentally conscious, cruelty free, caring and friendly environment to work in
Cons
Not much job availability, lots of employees, location/commute
It was nice
Lush Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 May 2018
It was nice and I enjoyed it overall however it could be quite hective at time and we generally are overstaffed. Discounts are greta and everyone is super nice.
Fun and Encouraging work environment where you can be yourself
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC19 May 2018
I couldn't wait to go work whenever they gave me hours. Costumers and staff are so sweet and there's always something different to do every day. Not only do you do cash, but you really get to know the clients to help them pick out the best thing that will help them. Not only that, but Lush has an incredible amount of ethics that I vouch by such as 100% recyclable containers, naked products to avoid waste, organic and bio products, fighting against animal testing, and that everything is fair trade! They also support the LGBTQIA+ community! Plus, what can be better than yelling ''BATH BOMB DEMO'' and blowing bubbles at work?
Pros
50% off all merch in store. Very open minded staff. Super nice environment
Best & Most Ethical Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 May 2018
The best place to work if you are looking for education, an opportunity of a lifetime, and to work with great people! Managers listen to you, employee tasks are well delegated.
Fun and Positive place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2018
More of a community of friends having fun than a job. While there's always work to be done, it's fun, the employees are friendly, and the management helpful.
Fun workplace
Supervisor / In-store Trainer (Current Employee) –  Kuwait21 April 2018
I enjoyed working in lush for almost 3 yrs, i learned so many things that you can never learned in other workplace,i really enjoyed how we communicate with our lovely customers, by giving them a 5 star customer experience.Working with different kinds of people will help you to improve your self, by learning from every one.
Fantastic
SEASONAL SALES AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 April 2018
Great company, very flexible, accommodating, thorough training and positive constructive feedback. Upbeat enthusiastic and passionate co-workers that will always lift your spirit. A Sales job you can believe in.
Environnement de travail enrichissant
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC12 April 2018
Les employés sont tous heureux/ses d'être aux travailles, toujours souriants, enjoués.
Pros
Belle expérience, 50% de rabais
Cons
Peu d'heures pour le déplacement
Was a really fun place to work before it got too "corporate"
Floor Leader/Interim Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON11 April 2018
I miss the culture where LUSH customers could come in without being badgered by sales ambassadors. I understand that conversion is necessary, but "regulars" do not need the whole song-and-dance every time they come in. The district managers need to be changed up frequently, and the HR team must be expanded. The most enjoyable part of the job is the 50% discount, and the staff boxes at Christmas and Easter.
workplace culture
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 April 2018
It was a very fast pass environment where I learned to prioritize my time effectively. It is a very enthusiastic place where costumer experience and care is a vital part. A very diverse environment where I was able to learn a lot about different backgrounds through conversations with costumers.
Pros
costumer service
Cons
lazy co-workers
Production Assistant Christmas Season 2017
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 April 2018
Ballistics (bathbombs) department, hundreds hired from August thru mid-Oct for seasonal work. Told it could lead to FT. Dominantly south east asian workers with Indian and Filipino managers. Staff shortage mid Oct led to random farm workers hired and delivered by vanloads for a 3-week period. Crowded conditions sometimes you could not sit for lunch. First week of Dec, managers informed work week cut to 3 days! Eventually abt 2% or less of seasonals hired FT. Good if you're young, fun, LGBTQ or south asian, (or both!) looking for short term employment (essentially christmas $$) with minor opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Environmental ethics, 50% product discount, subsidized bus pass, steel toe discount
Cons
little opportunity for advancement, stand in same spot during shift, dusty (powders) environment
Great place to work but dont give you any hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 April 2018
Loved working for lush but they couldn't offer full time , The company is amazing and all the coworkers were great , my manager was not great but i dont fault the company
Pros
awesome work enviroment
Cons
no hours
Lovely workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC4 April 2018
I've worked seasonally for LUSH twice now, and I really enjoyed it both times. There are lots of opportunity for rewards based on your performance, and the overall workplace culture is really positive.
Fun place to work
Reach Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2018
Hired as a seasonal employee (Christmas) with the desire to be hired on. Young people with a with the ability to relate and converse with all ages , and all genders.
Pros
Occasional samples of products.
Cons
Extreme work levels over the course of the year
Everything you'd ever want
Core Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 March 2018
Amazing place to work at where you learn so many useful concepts and values. You get to work with genuine and loving people who are very passionate about the environment, animals, handmade cosmetics, and friendship! You get to meet some fantastic people every single time you work as we make the experience about so much more than just the sale. You get to make people's day!
fast pace
Shipper/ Inventory (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 March 2018
its a nice place to work. its just that most filipinos are talking behind each others back. they dont like when you give new ideas to simplify and make the system more efficient.
Pros
fun
Cons
back fighting
Productive and fun
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON25 March 2018
Fun and diverse environment to work at. It has great activities. I love how open the working environment. Satisfying pay grade. I didnt really find it hard to work in this type of environment mostly because it has music while you are working.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2