Lush Cosmetics
Updates from Lush Cosmetics:

Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Canada455 reviews
Amazing
This is the best place I have ever worked. Only down side is it's hard to get hired on after season. But you have the option to go back year after year 🙂
Amazing company, great work culture
LUSH is a great company to work for; they really value their employees as people. The job itself is pretty fun - who doesn't want to play with bubbles all day! And though we were really busy during the Christmas season, I never dreaded work.
Productive and enthusiastic energy.
The mangers were super cool and hip. They allowed everyone to choose music they like. There isn't a dress code, just steel toes required. 50% discount was awesome. They offer coffee, hot chocolate and teas at no extra cost. And there is also a foosball table which is kind of fun. There is always an opportunity to get more hours in. An you leave work smelling so good, you'll be turning heads and maybe even getting compliments.
Good working conditions.
A nice place to work, unfortunately I couldn'y continue because I changed my city. The employees are friendly, I fear being a basic principle of the company. The supervisors motivate at all the tim, give encouragemente, in addition to wonderful smell that factory has.
Ok
Great company
Well organized staff

Safe environment

Fast paced

Access

Accessible location
Good
Work culture is great. They're passionate about safety, creativity and inclusivity. But they should give benefits and fair pay rates to their seasonal production workers as well.
Great co-workers, everything from management was last-minute
Communication is key for a successful business. The scheduling was what I found to be the hardest part of the job. We would get a week notice for our shifts.
Fast-Paced enviroment, Stressful
The strong odour is so overwhelming, every one have to wear a mask and eye google, very minimum movement, workers have to stand in a position for hours this really make the job tidious and tiring.
A lot of injuries reports, managers and supervisors careless about workers but make them work like robots to meet daily target.
Inviting and welcoming
The staff at this location were always friendly and genuinely cared about their customers and employees. The hardest part was when the holiday rush started.
Repetitive job
Boring, repetitive and heavy job, the permanents people use the seasonals to make the heavy job, no one is professional in this place, no organization
Pros
Easy to apply
Cons
Poor environment
A place for seasonal work
Lots of really wonderful people to work with here. A very inclusive workplace! Give it a try seasonally! Being a production assistant is a fairly easy job. There is training, but most people pick things up pretty quickly. One thing they need to work on is their wages. It is not competitive with the other manufacturing/warehouse facilities.
Used to be great
Over the past few years the great culture has left this business. Employees and managers are often bullied by factory managers. There is a huge ongoing fight with the parent business in the UK. Employees that have stood up and spoke out were targeted and punished for their honesty. Manufacturing is a mess on every level. It is all very sad because this used to be a fantastic company that values people and their development
very mean management. bias
They hire philipinos for the job and the rest of the ppl. are treated with disrespect.
Bias and racist!

They treat others like slaves.

They are very demanding and strict beyond words.

The product is so nice compared to the invironment. desapointing!
Fun, relaxed and very energetic
I would recommend to anybody that is interested in working in a very fast-paced and fun environment. Enjoys some high demanding work and very reliable worker to put potential effort into their duties.
Great
Overall happy outgoing people with lots or spark and fun great atmosphere management was awesome the staff were great the discount came in handy and I love the little gift
Pros
Great location
Cons
Touching the customers
Fast paced environment, enjoyable if you like mixing and shaping products. The workplace culture is extraordinary: multicultural, fun, kind and inclusive.
Great place to work!
Working at Lush was my first real job and it was incredible! Management was always kind and understanding when it came to my hectic school schedule. I had to miss the seasonal training day due to personal matters, and management was very accomodating. They gave me my own "private training" when I first started and got me going very quickly!
The only real "hard" part about my job was how fast I had to get going. I learned almost all products on my own and I had to do it fast because as a seasonal you are already short on time.

I was always excited to go to work. I was the youngest employee in that shop and everyone was always looking out for me, teaching me, and helping me out along the way, which made it really easy to want to come to work! Everyone was friendly and loved working together.

For a first time job, it definitely was the right choice and I was lucky I got to work at such an incredible company with incredible people!
relaxed, enjoyable workplace
Often fast paced but relaxed environment. Interactive job, talking with costumers, and staff. Very collaborative work team that hosted many team building activities.
Awesome company to work for
Working at Lush was honestly the best job experience I've ever had, despite only working there over the Christmas holidays. Typically the day would go by pretty quickly due to the constant stream of customers, but in the down time everyone was productive. Sometimes this "busy work" can just feel like a chore, but at Lush it wasn't dull. You do get desensitized to the scented products after a time, but if you're sensitive to scents this is not the job for you friend.
Pros
Very open minded and accepting company, usually you end up working with like minded individuals.
Cons
STRONG scents.
A Façade
If you "fit in" great, if you don't... well..
Listen, this company expects you to be on your a game ALL the time. Your energy level must be high, you're expected to learn a LOT at home with little to no extra pay, they expect you to literally drop anything you have to go fill for shifts... Also, casual part time is a joke. they will call you casual and then schedule you every single day of the week still instead of giving you your 16 odd hours in 2 shifts.
Pros
Friends
Cons
Scatterbrained Schedule, Not enough pay for the amount of "work" expected to do outside of paid shifts, "High Energy" Mandatory
Competitive and nerve racking
If you are more of an introvert and do not like meeting people or find approaching people nerve racking, this job is not for you. They make you find ways to continue a conversation with customers to try to get them to buy stuff to drive sales.... there is NEVER a time where you are doing nothing. Breaks aren't even that long. However, I do support stores that are trying to make a difference in the world. So if you are outgoing, bubbly and want to feel good about where you are working, Lush is the place for you.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.