Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Found 286 reviews matching the search See all 1,251 reviews
Ballistics
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 November 2018
Very friendly work environment. Good for building and developing a career. Very friendly management, they really care for their employees. Also free hot drinks like coffee, expressos, hot chocolate.
Fun and enjoyable atmosphere
Product Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 November 2018
The work is a bit difficult but over all it's doable. They are helping each others and with the time goes, the work is getting easier and easier. So it's OK situation.
Good
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON5 November 2018
Smell soap
Good people to work with
growth and development
learn something new
flexible shift
no much lifting
like smell of environment
good culture ...
production assistant - seasonal
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 November 2018
Team leads are very pushy and like to play favourites, some times are inappropriate with other colleagues
Seasonals get thrown into a room of 100+ people and is expected to know what they're doing.. no training, you just have to watch what everyone else is doing and hopefully catch up.. you'll be lucky if someone offers to teach you, otherwise you'll just be told not to stand there and to hurry it up
Company likes to talk about how great they are at providing jobs for people that can otherwise be done by machines.. however they like to calculate and tell you how much labor they're spending per product made and want to ensure that you're making x amount of product per half hour, gets annoying.. might as well just have the machines to it!
Pros
free coffee, coworkers are pretty cool sometimes, ability to work overtime if you want
Cons
team leads need to act more professional, training sucks.. if you get any
very nice
Filler (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 November 2018
Warehouse work is tedious but rhythmic
consistent schedule - good work life balance
Pay wasn't amazing but better than minimum
Loved the products and discount
overall good employer
Seasonal Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 October 2018
loved this job.Especially working the twilight shift.People are generally laid back and you have fun creating the bath products whilst listening to ,usic and talking
REALLY bad experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario16 October 2018
SESA are basically treated like they're worthless... I was hired in August and it is now mid-october with still no sign of a first shift. I also haven't been paid for any of my training in over a month (two pay periods) and have received no answer from management on when I will be receiving that. Also, they hired WAY too many people for the holiday season and consistently lied to us throughout the process (was told I would be Core staff and then was only offered a seasonal contract, was told I would be paid $2 more per hour than I will actually be paid, etc.). Overall a really poor experience so far with no future hopes of it getting better. I suggest to anyone looking to work here to explore other options first as you will likely not make any money for the first several months.
Pros
free samples, products, etc.
Cons
clueless management, VERY disorganized
Productive and fun workplace
Picker - Picked products (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON9 October 2018
Productive and fun workplace with friendly and kind coworkers. patient with new employees and very helpful when needed. management were very helpful as well.
Seasonal
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 October 2018
I worked as a seasonal employee and for the most part I really loved it. The morals and ethics of the company are one I can get by, and I honestly felt like I was making a difference. The discount and the amount of free products was awesome, I still have a bag of lush stuff a year later. The people and management were pretty amazing, and it was fun learning about all the products.

What I didn't like was how pushy you had to be as a sales person, customers would literally walk around irritated with how we were. I hated the scheduling as well, it could change literally last minute without them asking me if it was ok. I felt like that was disrespectful of my time. And honestly I don't find the pay and the hours that great for the sheer amount of work we had to do.
Pros
Environment, free product, ethics
Cons
weird hours, inconsistent schedule, low pay, pushy sales
a fun and messy experience
Product Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON5 October 2018
Pressing powder into molds and pouring hot oils into trays. What i learned was all the work that involved in making bath bombs. Staff was very upbeat and enthusiastic. The hardest part of the job was standing on my feet all day. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the finished product.

Want to know more about Lush Cosmetics?

Ask a question
Fun place to work for the young at heart.
Production Manufacturing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 October 2018
Working with diverse individuals of cultural backgrounds, sharing how to increase productivity. Being informed of different products. I learned how to work as a team, and using technological devices. Needed improvement on managerial skills. The physical aspect of the job was the hardest. Enjoyed receiving new and different products, and making new friends and relationships.
Pros
Free variety of Starbucks coffee, and products.
Cons
Long hours, low wages.
Good temporary Job, terrible long term
Machine Operator / Shipper (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 September 2018
Terrible Management
Inconsistent schedules

Hires way too many seasonal workers when there's not enough production for core staff.

Management needs a major overhaul.

Poor Communication between management and workers
Pros
50% discount, company pays you to learn about environmental issues
Cons
Don't expect job security, terrible career advancement opportunity
great experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON20 September 2018
I enjoyed working here whole staff was motivated positive and helpful. My whole family enjoyed trying the products! I would highly recommend this position if you are interested in doing retail sales and getting a really good positive experience under your belt.
A friendly, fun, and likeable place to work
Cashier / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB12 September 2018
Work days consisted on the main focus of providing our customers with the best customer experience we could offer. LUSH cosmetics believes that the best customer experience should be genuine, and everyone who comes into the store is, and always should be treated as a friend. All employees put their best face forward, as having a good day at work is almost inevitable when your coworkers are uplifting and kind. This builds trust and dedicated hard workers, creating an efficient work place for employees and customers. I believe more work places would flourish such as LUSH cosmetics does, if they held the same values for their employees and customers. I learned many things about products, the company's background, bettering myself in retail/ dealing with people, that helped me in the present and in certain ways for all other future careers. I was taught throughly about product knowledge from team members through the use of creativity and fun, this made me enjoy leaning and look forward to more. The company provided fair breaks accommodating to how ever many hours worked in a single shift. (Ex, 4 hour shift, min 15 break). I maintain and use practices learned from working at LUSH. I personally never had a bad experience working here, and still have many great relationships with people I met through the company and would recommend anyone to apply.
Pros
Generous breaks, regardless of long or short shifts
Cons
Na
Great company
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON8 September 2018
Great company with a great vision. The company is growing at a fast pace so there's a lot of transitions and opportunities inside. They have great benefits and pay for manufacturing and shipping jobs is above market averages. However, I believe pay for admin and technical roles is lagging behind.
Pros
charity events, seasonal parties, free lunch every now and then
Cons
still growing and in a transitional state so management is not yet stable
Amazing work place
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 September 2018
Very upbeat fast pace work. I worked with different people almost everyday so it was nice getting to know so many people. Making and packing bathbombs is hard work, but it pays off with free bathbombs!!
Pros
Free coffee and bathbombs
Cons
Smelly work place
Positive fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 August 2018
Working at Lush was always a great experience, I believe out of an entire year of working there I only had one bad day. The staff are always friendly and were always learning about new products, where they come from, how theyre produced and our customers were always the best. If you can get a job with them, Id recommend holding onto it!
Great work environment
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS22 August 2018
Lush is one of the best companies to work for. They take great care of their employees, making sure they are not over worked and are very well educated. They create a fun and exciting work environment that makes you want to be at your job every day.
Fun place to work
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2018
great experience, wonderful company to work for.
I loved the open minded and environmental conciusness.
The factory is a very relaxed and fun place to work
Pros
free bathbooms
Diverse, comfortable, creative place to work.
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON12 August 2018
I am a hard working, positive person that is creative & dedicated. I am incredibly excited to get started on creating & meet the team! I cannot wait to get started.

🛁
Pros
Diversity
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2