Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Found 304 reviews matching the search See all 1,330 reviews
fun place to work
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2019
This was my first job and it was amazing. The staff were so kind and helpful. Honestly speaking work load was intense but I did work during the holiday season. Over all it was fun.
Great atmosphere and a great place to learn and grow
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 January 2019
I have been at Lush going on my 9th year. I've experienced working opportunities in many different departments. Lush has great values with the culture, beliefs and ethics and stands for and supports many grassroots organizations and Charities
It was ok
Seasonal Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 January 2019
It is fun to work for Lush Handmade Cosmetics, working on several products and see how they are made. People are nice, teamlieadres support and teach a lot of things.
Seasonal Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 January 2019
The environment is very friendly and the work schedule is super flexible. They also have great benefits for their employees, was only a seasonal staff, but definitely enjoyed my time!
Workplace Enviroment
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON10 January 2019
I worked at the Etobicoke location as a 3 month seasonal production assistant in the Bubbles room.during there busy Halloween and Christmas season in 2014.Each day, the shift started with a group huddle, and the telling of two jokes to get everybody laughing. Everyone there seems to all get along too well with everybody; for example everyone there is facebook friends with each other. That's seasonals and full-timers.The music is always blaring and everyone stands beside each other along 2 long tables.At the end of each shift (sometimes) you got to take some of the left over or slightly damaged products home. Nobody ever talked bad about anybody else no matter if they were gay, fat, living in a homeless shelter,or had a learning disability. Something that I've never experienced at work. before.The problem is that after your assignment is over.It's like no more facebook communication with LUSH employees anymore, as of you didn't exist.I've seen a couple of full- time employees on the street a couple of times, and they didn't even acknowledge me.
Pros
free products to take home, Starting the shift with 2 jokes each day
Cons
mandatory anti animal testing movies.After 3 months its like you don't exist.
Fun and relaxing work place
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 January 2019
As a seasonal production assistant at Lush I only got 3 full months of working in the warehouse. During those three months, I really fit in and wish I could stay. I always felt comfortable and safe, while the work itself was just as comfortable. I was able to complete each task and loved everything about it! I would highly suggest working as a seasonal at lush.
Pros
3 breaks, salary bonuses
Cons
Standing all day
Amazing company to work for. Positivity and friendliness through the roof.
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 January 2019
Working at Lush was one of the best experiences I have had as a job. What first caught my eye applying to Lush, was what they stand for. Fighting animal testing was one huge thing for me considering my love for animals is incomparable. Lush products are 100% vegetarian and more than 80% is vegan, everything made from lush is fresh and ethically bought. Everything is handcrafted by individuals and they provide naked packaging (aka no packaging) along with recyclable packaging. Everything about lush is more than amazing. I have never experienced a more customer and people friendly environment when it comes to the joy of others, I have personally never witnessed someone leave Lush cosmetics without a smile on their face. All of the people that work for Lush, from every single location, are the most welcoming humans ever. The best part about working at Lush is that it does not even feel like its work. The connections that are made within every day that you are working are impeccable. It truly brings joy into your every day life when you have such an amazing group of people to encounter every single day. The only hard part I have experience about working at Lush is how busy it gets. Personal connections are harder to make when the staff to customer ratio is out of this world. Overall, I could sit here and write for days about my positive experience with Lush but you get the point by now. Go experience it yourself!!
Pros
Staff and customers, the mission and what they stand for, good discounts, love all around
Cons
sometimes not being able to make personal connections with everyone because of business, standing all the time
Work for lush
production assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2018
Lush is a great place to work. the work is fun and you get lots of free products. and theres lots of flexability if you need time off. just sucks that the contract is only seasonal and its hard to become core staff.
Pros
free coffee and lush products
Cons
only seasonal
Best company I’ve worked for
Seasonal Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 December 2018
Really great environment. Support from managers, geared towards employee satisfaction. Great benefits for hard work and team production. Problem solving mindset.
Productive work place
Seasonal Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2018
Fun workplace, stressing and tiring sometimes. But still fun specially when you got some friends. It's just sometimes your co worker is getting on your nerves. But yeah team leaders and supervisor is good as well.
Pros
I got to take some of their products because it's damaged.
Cons
Crowded
Fun Workplace
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON27 December 2018
Staff and Team Leaders are very helpful. Managers are very respectful of every individual's concern. Good place to work if youre just starting out. There are also opportunities posted and reminded
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
standing for hours
Outstanding workplace environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK22 December 2018
Lush is an outstanding company to work for, the management and core staff is outstanding, very encouraging and welcoming. The feedback they offer is amazing and I felt that I was able to grow in the business, as well as in any other jobs I apply for in the future.

Working as a seasonal was difficult at times because malls are very busy around the Christmas holidays. I had to be quick on my feet and needed a well enough knowledge of the products to assist customers in the best of my abilities. Whenever I needed assistance there was always a needed floor/brand leader to "pop in" and assist me with any and all customer care.
Pros
Very open environment and free samples of any product. As well as 50% off a majority of products.
Cons
Very busy, due to the fact that it was in a mall.
Amazing, inclusive space!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 December 2018
It was amazing. As a transgender man I was worried about being able to work. They helped me amensly to fit in with a working community. They were super inclusive & put my standard of job culture up.
Pros
Free products
Fun Workplace With Great Perks
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton17 December 2018
The best part about working at Lush is working for a company with such strong ethics. And the free bath bombs. That being said, I felt very uneasy not knowing if I would be hired on permanently, and being told conflicting opinions on the matter by management. My hours fluctuated greatly and I found it hard to make ends meet some weeks.
Pros
Free products
Cons
Job insecurity
A Second Home
Seasonal Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 December 2018
A typical day at work would be: go in (everyone is nice and friendly, we share enjoyable pleasantries as opposed to forced pleasantries), stretch, make a new friend or two, work, break, work, home time.
The tasks are doable. If you're able to follow instructions, the job is a breeze.
Management is probably the best I will encounter in my entire life. They care about the results, but they're understanding and accepting of mistakes. Down to earth people, usually with a good sense of humor.
There's place for anyone and everyone.
Pros
free stuff ALL THE TIME, nice and interesting people, laidback work environment, independence, the couch
Cons
difficult to secure a permanent position
extremly fun working environment, very hands on and involving
Seasonal Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 November 2018
A typical day at work would be putting out all the products and displaying them in the proper order given to you or make it presentable. I learned how working together as a group will help the team as a whole. The management makes you feel very included and part of a family instead of just an employee. The work place is very multicultural and is respectful about different religious beliefs. The hardest part of the job would be the shift ending, and sometimes the customers but usually never. The most enjoyable pat of this job is feeling accepted and being able to be yourself and have fun while doing your job.
Pros
very good breaks and deals on products
Ideal for Big Personalities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 November 2018
I loved working for Lush - The overall atmosphere was amazing and whenever I was having a bad day, coming into work was actually enjoyable and seemed to shift my mood into a better one. I was lucky enough to love everyone I worked with and developed long lasting friendships. Management encourages employees to be "transparent" and let them know what you have going on and how you are feeling daily so they can act accordingly. Highly reccomend working for Lush (plus the products are A+)
Pros
Understanding bosses, fast-paced, room to advance, awesome discount
Cons
Sometimes stressful especially holidays, pushy sales
Fun workplace with great selection of fare trade products
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 November 2018
If I was an office person I wold have definitely have stayed with them .unfortunfortunately my high energy wasn't a great fit for me to do the office life. Wishe they had a in store position for me.
Pros
Free bus pass
Cons
Loud environment
Ballistics
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 November 2018
Very friendly work environment. Good for building and developing a career. Very friendly management, they really care for their employees. Also free hot drinks like coffee, expressos, hot chocolate.
Fun and enjoyable atmosphere
Product Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 November 2018
The work is a bit difficult but over all it's doable. They are helping each others and with the time goes, the work is getting easier and easier. So it's OK situation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2