Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Found 322 reviews matching the search See all 1,423 reviews
Sales associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 May 2019
The company itself is amazing to work for. Unfortunately my manager at the time left our staff members feeling unheard/insignificant to the team. However the pros outweighed the cons.
Great culture
Floor leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2019
Customers and people they hire are all great there is a certain type of person that is attracted to Lush. New product launches coming out all the time which keeps work exciting
Pros
Customers are so lovely
Cons
Coaching that is not tailored, no off the floor training to prioritize learning
Fun Workplace
Seasonal Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON15 May 2019
Had a great experience with Lush Cosmetics
It was a seasonal job but had a great time.
Will looking for opportunities in Lush Cosmetics
I would love to work with them.
Pros
Free lunches
Productive and fun place to work
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON11 May 2019
I loved the people; from upper management to seasonal employees, originating from all walks of life. It's hard work, but very fulfilling knowing that you are making products by hand that are safe cruelty free and environmentally friendly. Management will at least try to accommodate your work schedule regarding school, family responsibilities etc.Great experience overall.
very effective and fun place to work.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 May 2019
Working there is a very good experience. Good benefits and adorable co - wokers. I got habituated to the environment very quickly there. There is nothing much hard to do, mostly easy work.
Excellent place to work.
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON2 May 2019
Team-oriented environment makes it a pleasing environment. Always doing something different and always keeping busy. Staff cares a lot about their workers. Bonus was a nice touch.
So much fun
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2019
I worked at Lush for a few months, because it was seasonal and it was the best job ever. the coworkers, permanent and seasonal and extremely friendly and always willing to help. They were also extremely understanding when it comes to time off and they also took every work-related injury seriously, which is a good sign. Management always tried their best to make it fun! I would go back.
Amazing place to work. Amazing staff. Amazing products.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS1 May 2019
Happy people making happy soap (or selling happy soap). Lush is an amazing place to work. And shop. Everybody is so welcoming, and ive never had a single problem. They care about the planet, and the animals and humans that come with it. Discount is an amazing bonus too. Don't need to wear perfume, you'll smell amazing after working a shift.
Pros
Discount, great staff, great customers
Cons
Standing for hours ( as with any retail position really)
Productive fun work space
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 April 2019
I had an excellent time working at lush. fun management, my typical day working with lush wash busy fun and lost of different sweet smells. the most enjoyable part way the cut bath stuff that come in every month.
Beautifully diverse and open company, with real opportunity for career
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC27 April 2019
My experience with Lush as a company was amazing. From the unconventional hiring fairs, to the constant support and influx of knowledge and support from prior staff, Lush is committed to having members of its team to be supported, valued and made family
Pros
constant opportunity for new positions and experiences
Cons
Giant knowledge base of botanical
Good for a year or two
Floor Leader and Visual Merchandising Lead (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 April 2019
Overall the company is pretty mixed. Everyone that works there is very friendly and the pay is good for the industry. However, management is under trained, they string along employees, and they often back track on decisions.
Pros
Nice Coworkers, good pay
Cons
transfers are mandatory, no opportunity to advance
Very strict work environment
West Vancouver - Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC23 April 2019
Although staff do not make commission, you will be reprimanded for not pestering customers to make sales. Often customers would be visibly uncomfortable with sales techniques although we were encouraged to continue selling
Horrible Management.I call for a reference and they refuse to give information .I.called second time and they pyt me in hold then thwy hanged up.One
Csr (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 April 2019
Poor Management.A young family member was working there in the Hamilton Location and the Manager took advantage of my relative emotional situation to put her down and humiliate (her/him).This kind of people shouldn't be working with tennagers who are trying to go ahead with their lives regardless diversity.
This company is supposed to be supportuve to those who struggle in life.without.judgement or harrassment
Cons
POOR MANAGEMENT.Descriminitave and Abusive .
Okay job
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 April 2019
I REALLY did not like the people there, they were rude but still very "Okay". The clients were always satisfied. I worked at Cash mostly but sometimes on the floor. The hardest part of the job was to remember all the ingredients, I did love to do the demos.
Fun and friendly workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC31 March 2019
I worked with them as a seasonal sales associate and they hired 30 people for that period. They kept 4 of us and encouraged the rest to apply again whenever there is an opening. I applied again to another location and now I am going through the interviews. Great working culture and fun place to work. 50% discount for staff.
Some department are fun to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 March 2019
I worked at Gifts, the team leaders in the evening are nice,helpful they always telling you "dont try carry heavy things if cant do it, i dont to hurt your back" also they have some specialtable to lift up theheavy boxes. If you wrapping and ribboning, if you cant do it properly they're going to tell you re doit and take your time,they will understand that because it was your first day or first week. but be prepared if you going to tag and bowing you have to do in the line but dont afraid to ask someone to help you because they will help you, even the team leader is going to help. also i already try in digital,it was easy you just need to pick up the customer order,checking and packing.Also i already try ballistic (bath bombs),the smell is good but too strong,they have a mask but its too tight and hot. Team leaders doesnt care if you have hard time to carry heavy tray and poor understanding to understand you that you cant do it perfect because it was only 3rd day.their.expectation its to high. If they want everything is perfect and fast then they should hire back the people already have expericence. also i notice there is favoritism.
If you not strong enough and dont want super pressure dont work here. the team leader expectation is too high and doesnt care about you health,they always talking to their close friend and laughing and pure commands.
Pros
Free hot beverages, 50% discount
Cons
Lockers are too small
Fun workplace but can feel like there’s pressure on you at times
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC28 March 2019
Working at Lush over all was a great experience. The company itself it’s great. There’s a lot of perks to working for Lush, and if you love sustainability and natural products this is the company for you. I will continue to buy their products even though I don’t get the discount anymore because I know all the ethical work and amazing hand made love and care go into their products. The management and staff at times felt a bit intense around not letting customers “just look around” you have to basically follow them until they tell you to leave them alone. Don’t assume. Sometimes felt pressure to try and sell things to people that they didn’t want. If you’re shy this might not be the job for you. Christmas season gets absolutely crazy and customers can be very demanding. Even though at times it was hard this job made me better at talking to people, and realizing what real customer service is.
Pros
Product discounts, friendly staff
Cons
gets very busy at times, can’t switch shifts, can’t be introverted
The golden handcuff is only comfortable for so long...
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 March 2019
Lots of travel. Company has a cult like vibe-don't drink the Kool-Aid. Atmosphere can be fun but prepare yourself for no work life balance and unrealistic expectations.
Politics is rampant at Lush Fresh Handmade cosmetics
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 March 2019
A typical day working for Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics is having a stretching exercise before starting a task which I love because it prevents a work related injury, What I have learned is the raw materials involved in the production are indeed organic and there was no synthetic chemicals. When I was a seasonal employee, I have observed that , whenever there is a job posting, the management would pretend that the job posting is open for everyone (internal applicants) when in fact the individual that they would hire are their close friends/buddy, so politics is involved in this case.Please observed these scheme if you happen to be working for Lush, I guarantee it is still rampant at Lush until now. I love the workplace culture because of the diversity of the total workforce. The hardest part of the job is, if the demand of the products are sluggish, everyone are affected because, the management would limit your work hours, The most enjoyable part are the camaraderie, picnics, and the Christmas parties. Overall, I will vote for one star for Lush Cosmetics because the way you treat internal applicants is unfair, even if the applicant is qualified and deserving, the management would still prefer their buddy system, to the CEO, please do look into this scheme. IMO, it could be because of race and color of the skin.
Pros
picnics, stretching exercises, parties
Cons
Seasonal employee
A great place to work
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC4 March 2019
Working at LUSH was easily the best part-time job I have ever had. The work environment is wonderful, the customers and employees are passionate about the products, and it is overall a wonderful workplace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2