Lush Cosmetics

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Clear sense of purpose

The people are fun but management is unfair

It’s a good job but management is unfair sometimes the pay is decent during the seasonal times is when it’s really worth it. Depending on which department you go in it’s hard work or fairly easy

Fun place to work

Fun place to work. Always on top of social issues around the world. Usually, there are three shifts available for production workers. The busiest time within the year is between August to December, which is considered the Christmas season.

Pros

Free products samples and employee discounts.

Cons

No room for advancement

Seasonal assistant

I loved working for this company. They have so much fun . They are friendly care about others and what happens to the workers. They care about your safety. Definitely would work there again!

Can be busy, but all the employees are lovely people.

The people that you work with are nice and welcoming, as well as the majority of the customers that you will be interacting with. You can receive a lot of free products if they are not sold a little before the expiration date.

Immature and stressful work environment

Management favours people who can suck up to them. Floor supervisors boss you around every 2-3 minutes while you are doing your job. Incompetent and unreliable management, too much drama in the workplace to put up with.

Pros

50% discount

Cons

Huge favouritism from management, Incompetent and frustrating floor supervisors, You will have a target in your back at all times

Relaxed and fun

Everyone is really friendly. I had a lot of fun working here. There’s lots of room for growth. There’s no commission which is kind of annoying because you’re pushed by management to upsell everything.

Pros

Competitive, good pay, benefits, room for growth

Cons

Not many hours

Fun, but not for everyone

It's a fun place to work, but the management was awful where I worked. I was thrown under the bus on multiple occasions and the DM was not supportive of growth within the company.But, for a part-time or seasonal job, it's a fun place to work with great products that you feel good about selling.

An enjoyable work experience

The working culture is great, everyone is friendly and helpful. Job isn't too heavy, and if you have any issues they will always have people around to help you out. They also have music on during the shift and also break time for stretching/exercising as well.

Fun work, poor security and management.

Fun work but has to be done precisely. People were nice but they didn't always get along. Poor job security, trained me for forklift driving and didn't bother renewing contracts for myself and MANY others. Management didn't stick up for the needs of our department. Wage is pretty meh.

Pros

- Relaxed atmosphere most of the time. - Good lunch hours. - Enjoyable work.

Cons

- Pay isn't great. - Poor job security. - Weak management.

Good for a first job, terrible if you want a career

-No structure and consistency -Slow season is full of busy work from middle management -Impractical changes lead to inefficient work flow; no follow up on changes (equipment, processes)-Not great at diversity over the floor level-Contradictory to their values posted to the public, employees are treated with bias, disabled or injured employees are treated like second class and sometimes constructive dismissal seems to be the goal-if you need some money for a season, apply. Don’t stay

nice people decent work

everyone was super nice and i liked how we stretched together everyday, work wasnt too bad and breaks are spread out well, and they paid for transit which was so nice

Pros

paid for transit and free food

Cons

physically draining

Pay was good, but emotional/mental workload was too much

My team and store management was really good, but had troubles with the upper management. Lots of stressful workload on management. Very much a clique-y atmosphere in the uppers. Almost no support from HR. The people who worked in the other areas were fantastic and super supportive. For the amount of mental/emotional labour we did, it feels like we should have been compensated more. Work-life balance was not achievable for management or Floor leaders. Puts retail workers on front lines for controversial campaigns with little to no support for the harrassment that we have gotten. I did learn a lot of skills that I am grateful for but the mental/stress that it put on most of us made it not as great as it could be. They have a lot to work on.

Fun and respectful

I got always help from other. They always encourage me to do best and teach me to go forward. I wish I get permanent there. I feel always comfortable and familiar environment.

Horrible

Favouritism is rampant and they pit people against each other. No consistent hours outside of the Christmas season. You could be told mid week near the end of the day that you’re off for the next 2 weeks.

Amazing work experience

I had an absolutely amazing time working as a Seasonal Sales Ambassador. The training was thorough, management is fantastic, and the entire experience is refreshing and welcoming.

Pros

Amazing discount, lovely staff and management.

Fun and laid back work place

I was hired with lush for the 2021 holiday season, although my employment was only seasonal I loved it! There were several very informative training modules to start so even if you had no previous field experience it was made easy, not to mention the very helpful and understanding management. It was a comfortable transition from training to sales floor, and with all the great employment perks it was great to get hands on use and experience with the products you’re selling. Of course with the products you’re selling there really wasn’t many returns/refunds or customers coming back upset. It was usually the opposite with customers coming back who enjoyed your product recommendations and they want to discover more products. And if there was a issue your management team was there to help and ease tensions! Lush has extremely positive core values and beliefs and they as a company really stand by them from using sustainable and fair purchasing methods for their ingredients and packaging to treating their employees right. By far one of the best employers I have worked for. Wish it could have been a more permanent experience

Pros

Fair pay / supportive staff / fun atmosphere/ big discount

Cons

Substantial Product knowledge needed (but is made easier with training/staff)

Positive Vibes

I really enjoyed my time at Lush. My coworkers were very friendly, there were always specific targets to hit and I rarely encountered angry customers. They brand themselves as an inclusive company and as someone with a disability and a not very meaty resume, I appreciate their patience and the opportunity they extended to me.

Pros

Crazy Discount and so many freebies

Cons

Double their staff for Christmas and then we’re all fired :(

Micromanaging to the finest

Great pay, great benefit, but upper management is overly micromanaging and giving you extreme amount of stress. Very pushy and judgmental. They talk about transparency and vulnerability, but it's only if it benefits them. Everytime they visit, the entire team gets so stressed and runs to the backroom to cry. Unfair treatment and biased opinions.

Cute place

It was my first job so I don’t remember much of it but it is extremely competitive with sales. Like I get it but sometimes it can be annoying when I’ve already went up to the customer like 3 times asking them the same question… Good discount though 50% off all products! The manager that I had an interview with was amazing, but they got a new one as soon as I started and he was okay.. but yea cute place, depends on the location of where you work and all that.

Fast paced, social skills are key, training and co workers are great

Training is extensive so at first approaching customers can be scary but after a while you get in the hang of it. Lots of socialization, helps build communication, coworkers are friendly and easy to get a long with

Anti-union, not living wage

Very anti-union, have fired multiple people trying to unionize. Pays most workers well under a living wage, yet pays through the nose for ad campaigns touting how ethical they are.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement