LUMACARE

LUMACARE Employee Reviews

My work at Lumacare was a horrible experience. No management support to front line workers... As a frontline worker, you are somtimes expected to handle over a 100 case loads without being appreciated for your effort. The pay is a complete trash considering the level of work we bring to the organization. Decisions concerning clients are made by upper management without consulting the front line worker who actually have one on one interaction with these clients. As a staff, you can get laid off without good reasons or notice.. Very very bad experience. I would not recommend anyone to work there. Period!!!.
Some of the staff are nice to work with, while some are two faced. The management are out of touch with the real world and staff turnover is extremely high. Too much politics and red tape going on, and you could loose your job if you are not liked by any of the senior staff members. The salary is quite poor compared to other non-profit organization around, but nonetheless it is a great place to get an entry level job and build professional experience.
Pros
Calm and friendly work environment
Cons
Bad Management, Poor Salaries
A typical day at work may be hectic, however, the panacea is that I am very happy because I put smiles in peoples' faces. Working at Lumacare can be fulfilling considering the fact that members of staff are amiable, receptive, warm and cooperative,
Pros
Touching people's life, Putting smiles in peoples' faces
Cons