lululemon
Happiness score is 75 out of 100

lululemon: 262 Employee Reviews

Canada262 reviews

Great job

Lots of benefits and really supportive team. working remote was a benefit during Covid, found it boring and difficult to deal with customers yelling on the phone

Corporate Culture is amazing.

If you are looking for job/ company which will look after you in your hard times and focus on your growth. This is the company for you. Lots of fun activity.

Pros

Corporates culture, Work life balance, Fun and friendly Workplace.

Cons

Delta DC, management is little lazy in terms of decision making.

Insights into lululemon

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose

Funplace

Good place to gain experience and sometimes they do have fun events. Managers and lead are very supportive. You can work on variety of shifts, mornings afternoons and nights.

Pros

Ongoing events

Good! But not the best

A lotta work tbh but fs is pretty helpful, but a lotta things to do at once if ur tech savy won’t be a problem so if ur not wouldn’t recommend, I found this easy, just a lotta work but they paid good!

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Lots of work

Good work life balance

Working at Vancouver office (Inventory/Purchasing) was good environment with generally friendly coworkers. Hard working driven company with good work life balance.

Pros

Yoga, work life balance, culture

Fun and comfortable

Its a great place to work. People are very helpful and kind. Whenever a new employee comes to work, they will not feel uncomfortable at all. I started wirk there in september 2021 and it feels like home to me.

Fun workplace relaxed atmosphere

Supervisors are good and work is fairly light however sometimes they don't have enough work. Most people are Temps and it's difficult to get hired there

Good place to work at

Good salary and discount. Management is okay, they do treat you fairly, good crowd (costumers). Great learning experience, guest experience, cash, sfs-bophs, destock/restock, inventory receiving

Overall good workplace with some culture flaws

Pay is good considering it is just a basic retail job, and the benefits are great. No job security as they primarily offer seasonal contracts only. Culture leaves something to be desired. Direct communication is not only rare but in fact punished/discouraged. Instead of giving feedback to you directly and give you a chance to make improvements they will either just slam you in a review or not offer to extend your contract. There were also 5 assistant managers and 1 store manager so you’d get different conflicting information from each manager

Pros

Good pay and benefits, good work life balance, free goodies/snacks

Cons

Poor feedback, fragmented management system

love lululemon, dislike my position

I love working for lululemon as a whole, but my position is not great. People can be ruthless, and having someone monitor every single second of my day is extremely annoying and has caused my anxiety to go through the roof. I would love to have a different position within the company, but you are hardly given any chance, not even given the chance to interview. Found that in store as well. I'm only part time, and it is very part time during the slow month, 1 shift a week. Fairly easy to pick up shifts and give some away - if they are on the correct channels. I was hired seasonally so the interview was extremely easy and to my surprise I was offered a permanent position - but this wasn't communicated to me at all until after my contract expired - so that could be improved.My current manager has yet to introduce themselves to me, but my team lead is awesome, so there's that as well.

Pros

Discount, Sweaty Pursuits Benefit

Cons

Accommodation Process, Poor Communication for Contracts, Hard to Advance

Great team and benefits, but experience varies depending on management

I was hired as a seasonal educator for the Metrotown location, and all was well and good during onboarding. Training was pretty long and was the typical stuff that wasn't super important in day-to-day work. Once we hit the floor it was quite surprising how the training really didn't prepare us to do anything except "sell the product", as in very little training for the register, hemming, and customer service Q&A's. After learning the hard way, I became pretty good at what I was doing, but there were multiple occasions were there would be a customer issue and we were told to use "our best judgement" but frequently I was told that the judgement I chose was wrong. I brought it up with management that I didn't feel supported in some situations and I was told to "not take it so personally" rather than actually helping with the issues I had raised. Very little support from some of the management team when there was a customer issue, and some just stood by and watched how it unfolded. Started to become quite toxic (at this location) because management played favourites regardless of performance. Would recommend the company (discount is juicy) but wouldn't recommend this location.

Great training, the instructors seem like they really care

Working from home was a big plus, there was extensive training before you went solo, you also got to do training in team settings where you rely on your peers as well.

Pros

45 min a week paid time to relax

Productive and fun working with

Excellent service making sure everyone got paid as worked and fun working with. Very big company with good team leaders. Making sure all there workers are in good condition of health.

Lululemon Educator

I learned so much about culture and teamwork while working as an educator at Lululemon. I was hired as a seasonal educator and kept on after my contract ended. Store managers were highly motivating and benefits are beyond anything else for a part time job!

Wonderful place to work!

I loved working for lululemon! Effortless to get behind, the brand itself has so many great values and it is also practiced in the workplace. They really value their employees wellbeing and were very supportive. I throughly enjoyed working there.

Inclusive, collaborative, people first company

Amazing workplace culture. Fantastic management team, multitude of resources of support for employee growth and character development. The company truly values their employees and guest experience.

Amazing for retail

Great base wage for retail, yearly performance evaluations that offer raises. The benefits are phenomenal, and tons of fun perks! Awkward scheduling though, and during off season there is not many hours to work. Great company culture, however depending on the store the in store culture can be toxic at times. Lots of big personalities which is fantastic and great for making new friends. Overall for retail one of the better jobs you can get, as the company is rooted in community. Just note it can be super sales-ish at times.

Pros

good benefits, great coworkers, great sense of community, team based bonuses

Cons

low hours during off season, awkward shift times, lots of pressure

Part time Educator

I love working here, the environment is good, managers care about you and is a place where anyone can learn a lot. It could be busy sometimes but I have always find support

Pros

Wage, flexible, good environment

Great company

Lululemon is a great company to work for. The company culture is very good; however, my biggest problem with working there is I found it a bit boring. I worked at a smaller store, and if there weren't any customers, you would have to just basically walk around and make clothes look neat. It got pretty boring and tedious after a while.

Pros

Discounts, great company

Cons

Can get boring

Productive, leadership development.

Great place to work. Meet people from all walks of life. Some aspects within Management feel hypocritical. You can work pretty hard and not get a lot of recognition based off the teams size.

Productive and fun place

One of the best job. Work/life balance is amazing. The team is always there for support, no judgement and the company strives that everyone show up being their truest self

Ask a question about working or interviewing at lululemon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement