Lululemon Athletica Employee Review

View all Lululemon Athletica reviews

Productive and fun work place
Key Leader/Educator (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CA28 February 2013
I opened and closed the store by opening cash registers and delegating opening duties to staff. I scheduled breaks and merchandise restocks throughout the day, and monitored the quality of performance of staff in their given sections via feedback. Through my time with lululemon, I gained a strong understanding in sales, managerial duties, administrative duties, strategic visual merchandising, human resources, and the importance of product and business knowledge. My co-workers were wonderful to work with and also had amazing work ethic. They constantly gave and received feedback and were always willing to grow and develop with the company and with each other. The most challenging and enjoyable part of working for lululemon was the variety of 80-20 projects that were dispersed to each individual in the store. These included projects entailing responsibilities that were new to me in areas I was not experienced in. It was both challenging and rewarding to be able to accomplish what was given to me and what I took on. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my fellow staff, along with the ability to create an outstanding experience with guests that came into the store.
Pros
discounts on clothes, access to gyms and health clubs everywhere
Cons
occasional inability to receive feedback

Other Lululemon Athletica Employee Reviews

High on "Cool aid"......low on salary......all in all not bad for short term but dont plan anything longterm
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  West 1st Vacouver15 April 2018
Worked there for around 3 years......few observation
-Work life balance depends very much on your department and manager. Some managers were very good at it,......some managers struggle to interpret what all the new policies mean as upper management dole out new ones every quarter.
-Few perks like prepaid debit cards for gym, heavy discount on clothing, profit sharing.........do keep in mind they come with lots of ifs and buts.
-Company has done really well year on year, they have really churned out good results quarter after quarter for long time. Definitely there has been few misses......but they have remained competitive in a ever crowded space.
-Don't expect good results will trickle down to more salary+bonus levels, they expect every one to get high on what I call "Lulu cool aid" and make do with low salary in one of the costliest metropolitan area in North America.
-Contractors are paid decently, Full time employees are expected to make do with clothing discounts.
-Upper management can get hired and fired in very quick patterns.
-Don't go Full time wont be worth it......contracting will be better approach.
Life Changing Retail Work
Key Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2018
Everything you think that retail work is, this job is not!
You are not just a number here, you do not simply punch in and punch out. You are working with an amazing management team, who are actively working to develop their leadership skills and work with you to literally help you work through work, and life issues.

Working here has brought me friends, and lifelong relationships along with personal changes that have not only led to my development in my leadership style.

This jobs gives you tools to delve into difficult conversations with your family, friends and yourself through access to personal development tools and training.
Pros
Pre-paid visa for workout classes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lululemon Athletica. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3