Lululemon Athletica Pay & Benefits reviews

Good life work balance
Educator/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 October 2017
Great place to meet new friendws. Awesome benefits like free community yoga classes and run clubs for employees. Only work place where you wear leggings to work.
Great place, too many changes
Telecom Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC31 July 2017
Lululemon is a great place to work. The downside of it is that there is no job security and they quickly re-org the place without notice.

On the bright side, the people are great and lots of great benefits working there including 60% discount, $200 reimbursements for the gym, and tons of beer events.
Pros
60% discount, $200 reimbursements for the gym, and tons of beer events.
Cons
Too many re-org's in the company
Great Job - Watch your back.
Educator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2017
I had a wonderful time at lululemon - they taught me so many practical life skills for any and every situation you may find yourself in. However, staff are not trustworthy, and the company itself is very shady. They always seem to have a secret agenda and they hold that priority over all. It is preached that transparency and responsibility is held high priority but that is not the case. No matter how much experience you have WITH or without the company - personal agendas out run anything else. They will hang you out to dry in a heartbeat and never look back. It's heartbreaking and unfortunate but that's how it is.

I would happily go back if I had the chance - I loved my time with them and I made long lasting friendships and connections - but watch your back. If you're not careful - you'll find a knife in it.
Pros
Benefits, good hours
Cons
shady, unreliable, cold
Fun work place
Team Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 January 2017
The culture and long term vision lululemon is creating does not compare to any other company I have been fortunate to work with. The fun and positive work environment is great.
Pros
Workout benefits
Great work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK16 January 2017
Awesome work environment, lots of development opportunities, great culture of visions and goals. Great benefits package and ability to incorporate fitness into your career.
High paced and rewarding with great people and benefits
EDUCATOR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 September 2016
There is lots to learn from Lululemon. It is a grat company that treats all of its employees very fairly. It has lots of room for growth but it all comes with more responsibility. It is hard to stand out and there is so many great people around and so few hard metrics. Working there is always a great time and company culture is amazing. The benefits are great and there is very little to complain about.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Not many raises
Hypocritical company, preaches one thing, does another
Educator (Former Employee) –  Canada14 September 2016
Considering it is a company that preaches being authentic, they prove themselves to be quite the opposite.

Goal focus and goal setting is number one. But only if your goals are directly related to advancing with the company in some way.

Making it about school or a future career could get in the way of a job promotion. It did for me.

I wasn't told about a possible promotion even though I was fully qualified and in the end it went to someone with less experience but no other interests which was good for them.

They pull you in with a decent wage, and benefits which are definitely there but there is a fake-ness to the company that can be hard to deal with.
High Energy and Quick Developing Culture/Workplace
Visual Merchandise Lead, Manager, Inventory Lead (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 May 2016
A typical day at work includes people development, fun, and high communication between team members.

I've had the pleasure of working alongside many different visual merchandisers, managers, and have completed many 1:1 trainings with head office coordinators.

The hardest part of my job is knowing to stop working on a display, a serious struggle of a perfectionist. Have to remind myself that "Art is never finished, only abandoned." - Leonardo Da Vinci

The most enjoyable part of my job is training others in what I'm most passionate about - visual merchandising, store design, and styling.
Pros
great benefits, healthy culture, dynamic team members, support in vision and goals
Cons
Not enough hours allocated to visual merchandising.
Educator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 April 2016
Working for lululemon was great but the was little to no flexibility in scheduling. Otherwise it had a good work environment.
Pros
Good pay, nice people, pretty fun job
Cons
long hours sitting down, schedules are not flexible
Warehouse tasks
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 December 2015
The company is great. The benefits, cultures and fun to work but I want to utilize my knowledge in health care field.I want to earn more than I am earning at the warehouse because I need to pay my student loans.
Fun Company
Educator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta16 September 2015
Lots of potential to move up but must be very involved in out of work activities as well.
Poor management, was young and not capable of leading a team.
Lots of fitness benefits.
golf
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 September 2015
great company, they treated their employees with respect and praised them when deserved.
There was always something new to learn, with new products coming out daily whether it be about equipment, apparel, or gear always something to be reading.
Focused on Developing Employees
Educator, Full Time (Current Employee) –  London, ON9 February 2015
Great company to work for. Retail doesn't allow for much in terms of job/ hours security. Good environment and great staff. Great benefits if interested.
Great working environment - low compinsation
Digital Engagement (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 July 2014
My coworkers and manager are supportive in all ways. I feel very connected to our guests and love working with people. There is room for advancement if you are patient and hard working.

The compensation is low - you do this job because you love it.
Be prepared for things not to happen right away. If needed, a mind for innovation and working your way around slow processes is an asset.
Pros
Yoga
Cons
Low pay
Fun and well ballanced work environment
Keyleader and Educator (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON11 February 2014
You come to work, you love everyone that you work with, you love the product, you love the guests. You work to better yourself at work and in your personal life. Advancement and development are constant, people care about you.

You dance, you work, you dance again. Work is fun! Actually!
Pros
complimentary yoga
Cons
retail hours, limited benefits, no sick days
Productive and fun workplace.
Educator (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON8 April 2013
Lots of area for personal/career development. Co workers are very energetic and fun to work with. In my 3 years I have grown a lot as an individual. The company has also given me many tools to use as I progress further into my career.
Pros
coworkers, benefits
Cons
hours
Fun and challenging work environment
Educator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 July 2012
A typical day at work involves learning about the products and talking to guests about them. Lululemon is a lifestyle brand so it encourages its employees and guests to be active, especially in yoga and running. In many ways, working at Lululemon will influence your life outside of work and what you do with your time in terms of personal fitness goals. The hardest part of the job was finding balance and not dedicating all 24 hours of the day to your job. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning productive retail strategies that value integrity, and doing so in an environment with great co-workers.
Pros
health benefits, environment, development opportunities
Cons
inconsistent shift hours (working back to back closing shifts and opening shifts)