Lululemon Athletica Pay & Benefits reviews

Productive and fast paced retail environment
Product Educator, Onsite Yoga Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2018
I learned the importance of inventory, team work, solution management and retail workplace culture. I learned to build a professional working team and how to strategize together to achieve a target goal.
Pros
fitness inspired luxury retail
Cons
compensation
If you fit the culture
Educator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON31 May 2018
If you truly fit the die-hard "sweat life" company culture this is an amazing company to work for. Gym-clothes dress code... Great employee morale and management. Would be easy to advance from educator to a corporate position in Vancouver, but I'm unsure about future growth opportunity beyond that. Although I personally find the pay lower than it should be, the company has great discounts, incentives and benefits for their employees.
High on "Cool aid"......low on salary......all in all not bad for short term but dont plan anything longterm
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  West 1st Vacouver15 April 2018
Worked there for around 3 years......few observation
-Work life balance depends very much on your department and manager. Some managers were very good at it,......some managers struggle to interpret what all the new policies mean as upper management dole out new ones every quarter.
-Few perks like prepaid debit cards for gym, heavy discount on clothing, profit sharing.........do keep in mind they come with lots of ifs and buts.
-Company has done really well year on year, they have really churned out good results quarter after quarter for long time. Definitely there has been few misses......but they have remained competitive in a ever crowded space.
-Don't expect good results will trickle down to more salary+bonus levels, they expect every one to get high on what I call "Lulu cool aid" and make do with low salary in one of the costliest metropolitan area in North America.
-Contractors are paid decently, Full time employees are expected to make do with clothing discounts.
-Upper management can get hired and fired in very quick patterns.
-Don't go Full time wont be worth it......contracting will be better approach.
Rewarding and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 March 2018
Great company culture with a focus on work/life balance. Very good pay in comparison to other retail sales associate with awesome benefits if you are a full time worker.
An Excellent Side Hustle
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2018
Worked over the Christmas Holidays for Lulu as part of the expo (backroom team). They really are everything they are cracked up to be. Good people, good values, good pay, good work life balance. Highly recommend.
Pros
Benifits cover workouts, better than average base pay + commission, fun team
Cons
work to midnight or later.
Lululemon
Educator/ Educator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 February 2018
The management at this location is amazing and listen to all problems. The wage is alright but moving up is difficult in the company and requires time
Pros
amazing atmosphere
Cons
Extra work outsides of hours
Good life work balance
Educator/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 October 2017
Great place to meet new friendws. Awesome benefits like free community yoga classes and run clubs for employees. Only work place where you wear leggings to work.
Great place, too many changes
Telecom Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC31 July 2017
Lululemon is a great place to work. The downside of it is that there is no job security and they quickly re-org the place without notice.

On the bright side, the people are great and lots of great benefits working there including 60% discount, $200 reimbursements for the gym, and tons of beer events.
Pros
60% discount, $200 reimbursements for the gym, and tons of beer events.
Cons
Too many re-org's in the company
Great Job - Watch your back.
Educator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2017
I had a wonderful time at lululemon - they taught me so many practical life skills for any and every situation you may find yourself in. However, staff are not trustworthy, and the company itself is very shady. They always seem to have a secret agenda and they hold that priority over all. It is preached that transparency and responsibility is held high priority but that is not the case. No matter how much experience you have WITH or without the company - personal agendas out run anything else. They will hang you out to dry in a heartbeat and never look back. It's heartbreaking and unfortunate but that's how it is.

I would happily go back if I had the chance - I loved my time with them and I made long lasting friendships and connections - but watch your back. If you're not careful - you'll find a knife in it.
Pros
Benefits, good hours
Cons
shady, unreliable, cold
Fun work place
Team Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 January 2017
The culture and long term vision lululemon is creating does not compare to any other company I have been fortunate to work with. The fun and positive work environment is great.
Pros
Workout benefits
Great work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK16 January 2017
Awesome work environment, lots of development opportunities, great culture of visions and goals. Great benefits package and ability to incorporate fitness into your career.
High paced and rewarding with great people and benefits
EDUCATOR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 September 2016
There is lots to learn from Lululemon. It is a grat company that treats all of its employees very fairly. It has lots of room for growth but it all comes with more responsibility. It is hard to stand out and there is so many great people around and so few hard metrics. Working there is always a great time and company culture is amazing. The benefits are great and there is very little to complain about.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Not many raises
Hypocritical company, preaches one thing, does another
Educator (Former Employee) –  Canada14 September 2016
Considering it is a company that preaches being authentic, they prove themselves to be quite the opposite.

Goal focus and goal setting is number one. But only if your goals are directly related to advancing with the company in some way.

Making it about school or a future career could get in the way of a job promotion. It did for me.

I wasn't told about a possible promotion even though I was fully qualified and in the end it went to someone with less experience but no other interests which was good for them.

They pull you in with a decent wage, and benefits which are definitely there but there is a fake-ness to the company that can be hard to deal with.
High Energy and Quick Developing Culture/Workplace
Visual Merchandise Lead, Manager, Inventory Lead (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 May 2016
A typical day at work includes people development, fun, and high communication between team members.

I've had the pleasure of working alongside many different visual merchandisers, managers, and have completed many 1:1 trainings with head office coordinators.

The hardest part of my job is knowing to stop working on a display, a serious struggle of a perfectionist. Have to remind myself that "Art is never finished, only abandoned." - Leonardo Da Vinci

The most enjoyable part of my job is training others in what I'm most passionate about - visual merchandising, store design, and styling.
Pros
great benefits, healthy culture, dynamic team members, support in vision and goals
Cons
Not enough hours allocated to visual merchandising.
Educator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 April 2016
Working for lululemon was great but the was little to no flexibility in scheduling. Otherwise it had a good work environment.
Pros
Good pay, nice people, pretty fun job
Cons
long hours sitting down, schedules are not flexible
Warehouse tasks
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 December 2015
The company is great. The benefits, cultures and fun to work but I want to utilize my knowledge in health care field.I want to earn more than I am earning at the warehouse because I need to pay my student loans.
Fun Company
Educator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta16 September 2015
Lots of potential to move up but must be very involved in out of work activities as well.
Poor management, was young and not capable of leading a team.
Lots of fitness benefits.
golf
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 September 2015
great company, they treated their employees with respect and praised them when deserved.
There was always something new to learn, with new products coming out daily whether it be about equipment, apparel, or gear always something to be reading.
Focused on Developing Employees
Educator, Full Time (Current Employee) –  London, ON9 February 2015
Great company to work for. Retail doesn't allow for much in terms of job/ hours security. Good environment and great staff. Great benefits if interested.
Great working environment - low compinsation
Digital Engagement (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 July 2014
My coworkers and manager are supportive in all ways. I feel very connected to our guests and love working with people. There is room for advancement if you are patient and hard working.

The compensation is low - you do this job because you love it.
Be prepared for things not to happen right away. If needed, a mind for innovation and working your way around slow processes is an asset.
Pros
Yoga
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lululemon Athletica. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3