Lululemon Athletica Employee Reviews

Productive, Supportive and Fun workplace
Educator (Former Employee) –  Alberta13 December 2018
This company has supported me, developed me and helped me grow in all areas of my life and to become and person and leader I am today inside and outside the store.
Pros
Health and Fitness benefits
Key Leader (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 November 2018
Great place to work, great people. Good benefits. Great discount and fitness package. Great culture good work life balance. Lots of opportunity to move up.
Great place to work!
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 October 2018
Wonderful place to work. You'll enjoy your time here. They provide a good work life balance and you will be fulfilled in your career. The interview and hiring process was good as well.
Fun place to work
Guest Educator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 September 2018
I worked in customer service so most of my day was spent on the phone, email or live chat handling customer queries. it is a fast paced environment with a lot of interesting people to work with.
high energy spirit
Seasonal Educator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 August 2018
I gained a lot of experience in working collaboratively as a team in a large venue space with high number of guests entering and exiting the event space.
Amazing environment and caring staff
Educator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 August 2018
After working for many years in retail, I can assure future employees that this company is the best to work for. The fellow employees become your family, it's a positive environment to work in, and overall just a supportive workplace in more ways imaginable.
Pros
Family atmosphere, benefits, healthy lifestyle
Cons
nothing!
Good Place to work at the a long time ago
DIRECTOR - Global Store Design (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 June 2018
Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there
Provide reasons for why you liked or disliked working at the company
Ensure any facts you include in your review are true and accurate
Pros
exercise classes
Cons
the culture
Unorganized Work Culture
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 June 2018
I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, there is no discipline in the workplace. This is the only place I have felt this way in the past 10 years of my career.
Productive and fast paced retail environment
Product Educator, Onsite Yoga Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2018
I learned the importance of inventory, team work, solution management and retail workplace culture. I learned to build a professional working team and how to strategize together to achieve a target goal.
Pros
fitness inspired luxury retail
Cons
compensation
Great company
Key Leader (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 June 2018
I loved the opportunities for growth, the detail in the product we sold and the importance to take care of our guests to provide an awesome experience when they came in. I teach yoga so I could relate to many guests shopping for product to suit their physical activity.
Well develo
2) Guest Educator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 June 2018
Positive and goal oriented - frequent coaching and check-ins - personal and professional development - conscious and evolving company - motivating and maintaining personal progress in life
Pros
discounts and free yoga
Cons
intense multi tasking
One of the best retail jobs
Inventory Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2018
Retail sucks, but lulu is one of the best. It was a great place to transition from one stage of life to another, but in the end it is still retail.
The culture that lulu is known for is quickly disappointing as executives make choices focused on bottom line, not employee satisfaction or culture.
Productive, Fun, Energetic, Fast pace, Positive environment.
Educator (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL5 June 2018
Can not say enough positive things about working with lululemon. Best job I ever had. Staff was extremely welcoming, management makes you feel special and values you as a member of the lululemon team. Many opportunities within the company to advance. Typical day involves talking to guests, educating guests on products, fabrics ect.. stocking clothing out back. Nothing particularity hard about the job, overall very enjoyable.
If you fit the culture
Educator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON31 May 2018
If you truly fit the die-hard "sweat life" company culture this is an amazing company to work for. Gym-clothes dress code... Great employee morale and management. Would be easy to advance from educator to a corporate position in Vancouver, but I'm unsure about future growth opportunity beyond that. Although I personally find the pay lower than it should be, the company has great discounts, incentives and benefits for their employees.
Great Company Culture
Seasonal Educator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 May 2018
The management team at Lululemon really encourage you to have an entrepreneurial spirit and to be creative with your solutions to various customer concerns. I had a great time working here seasonally!
Best place I have worked.
Lululemon Seasonal Educator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 May 2018
Overall Lululemon was by far the best place I have ever worked. It taught me so many amazing attributes about how to run a business, and be very professional but to still have fun at your job. I am so happy to have gotten the opportunity to work there seasonally, and would recommend any one to apply there.
High on "Cool aid"......low on salary......all in all not bad for short term but dont plan anything longterm
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  West 1st Vacouver15 April 2018
Worked there for around 3 years......few observation
-Work life balance depends very much on your department and manager. Some managers were very good at it,......some managers struggle to interpret what all the new policies mean as upper management dole out new ones every quarter.
-Few perks like prepaid debit cards for gym, heavy discount on clothing, profit sharing.........do keep in mind they come with lots of ifs and buts.
-Company has done really well year on year, they have really churned out good results quarter after quarter for long time. Definitely there has been few misses......but they have remained competitive in a ever crowded space.
-Don't expect good results will trickle down to more salary+bonus levels, they expect every one to get high on what I call "Lulu cool aid" and make do with low salary in one of the costliest metropolitan area in North America.
-Contractors are paid decently, Full time employees are expected to make do with clothing discounts.
-Upper management can get hired and fired in very quick patterns.
-Don't go Full time wont be worth it......contracting will be better approach.
mixture of hard work, fun, productive, busy and really good team.
warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC7 April 2018
I really enjoy working at Lululemon. An environment is so friendly, learning and full of cooperative and hardworking employees and management. At Lululemon, management is really concerned with your goals and vision and helps in everyone's growth.
Life Changing Retail Work
Key Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2018
Everything you think that retail work is, this job is not!
You are not just a number here, you do not simply punch in and punch out. You are working with an amazing management team, who are actively working to develop their leadership skills and work with you to literally help you work through work, and life issues.

Working here has brought me friends, and lifelong relationships along with personal changes that have not only led to my development in my leadership style.

This jobs gives you tools to delve into difficult conversations with your family, friends and yourself through access to personal development tools and training.
Pros
Pre-paid visa for workout classes
great place
EDUCATOR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver30 March 2018
They know a mentally fit person is more capable to work better or faster and they care about your mental health. It was a great place to learn about customer service. I would recommend others to join in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lululemon Athletica. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3