Lululemon Athletica Employee Reviews

Good Place to work at the a long time ago
DIRECTOR - Global Store Design (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 June 2018
Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there
Provide reasons for why you liked or disliked working at the company
Ensure any facts you include in your review are true and accurate
Pros
exercise classes
Cons
the culture
Unorganized Work Culture
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 June 2018
I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, there is no discipline in the workplace. This is the only place I have felt this way in the past 10 years of my career.
Productive and fast paced retail environment
Product Educator, Onsite Yoga Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2018
I learned the importance of inventory, team work, solution management and retail workplace culture. I learned to build a professional working team and how to strategize together to achieve a target goal.
Pros
fitness inspired luxury retail
Cons
compensation
Great company
Key Leader (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 June 2018
I loved the opportunities for growth, the detail in the product we sold and the importance to take care of our guests to provide an awesome experience when they came in. I teach yoga so I could relate to many guests shopping for product to suit their physical activity.
One of the best retail jobs
Inventory Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2018
Retail sucks, but lulu is one of the best. It was a great place to transition from one stage of life to another, but in the end it is still retail.
The culture that lulu is known for is quickly disappointing as executives make choices focused on bottom line, not employee satisfaction or culture.
Productive, Fun, Energetic, Fast pace, Positive environment.
Educator (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL5 June 2018
Can not say enough positive things about working with lululemon. Best job I ever had. Staff was extremely welcoming, management makes you feel special and values you as a member of the lululemon team. Many opportunities within the company to advance. Typical day involves talking to guests, educating guests on products, fabrics ect.. stocking clothing out back. Nothing particularity hard about the job, overall very enjoyable.
If you fit the culture
Educator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON31 May 2018
If you truly fit the die-hard "sweat life" company culture this is an amazing company to work for. Gym-clothes dress code... Great employee morale and management. Would be easy to advance from educator to a corporate position in Vancouver, but I'm unsure about future growth opportunity beyond that. Although I personally find the pay lower than it should be, the company has great discounts, incentives and benefits for their employees.
Great Company Culture
Seasonal Educator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 May 2018
The management team at Lululemon really encourage you to have an entrepreneurial spirit and to be creative with your solutions to various customer concerns. I had a great time working here seasonally!
Best place I have worked.
Lululemon Seasonal Educator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 May 2018
Overall Lululemon was by far the best place I have ever worked. It taught me so many amazing attributes about how to run a business, and be very professional but to still have fun at your job. I am so happy to have gotten the opportunity to work there seasonally, and would recommend any one to apply there.
High on "Cool aid"......low on salary......all in all not bad for short term but dont plan anything longterm
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  West 1st Vacouver15 April 2018
Worked there for around 3 years......few observation
-Work life balance depends very much on your department and manager. Some managers were very good at it,......some managers struggle to interpret what all the new policies mean as upper management dole out new ones every quarter.
-Few perks like prepaid debit cards for gym, heavy discount on clothing, profit sharing.........do keep in mind they come with lots of ifs and buts.
-Company has done really well year on year, they have really churned out good results quarter after quarter for long time. Definitely there has been few misses......but they have remained competitive in a ever crowded space.
-Don't expect good results will trickle down to more salary+bonus levels, they expect every one to get high on what I call "Lulu cool aid" and make do with low salary in one of the costliest metropolitan area in North America.
-Contractors are paid decently, Full time employees are expected to make do with clothing discounts.
-Upper management can get hired and fired in very quick patterns.
-Don't go Full time wont be worth it......contracting will be better approach.
Life Changing Retail Work
Key Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2018
Everything you think that retail work is, this job is not!
You are not just a number here, you do not simply punch in and punch out. You are working with an amazing management team, who are actively working to develop their leadership skills and work with you to literally help you work through work, and life issues.

Working here has brought me friends, and lifelong relationships along with personal changes that have not only led to my development in my leadership style.

This jobs gives you tools to delve into difficult conversations with your family, friends and yourself through access to personal development tools and training.
Pros
Pre-paid visa for workout classes
great place
EDUCATOR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver30 March 2018
They know a mentally fit person is more capable to work better or faster and they care about your mental health. It was a great place to learn about customer service. I would recommend others to join in.
Summary
Educator (Seasonal, Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2018
Amazing company anyone would be lucky to work here. Make lifetime friends, great communication and team building skills will be acquired from working here
Rewarding and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 March 2018
Great company culture with a focus on work/life balance. Very good pay in comparison to other retail sales associate with awesome benefits if you are a full time worker.
An Excellent Side Hustle
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2018
Worked over the Christmas Holidays for Lulu as part of the expo (backroom team). They really are everything they are cracked up to be. Good people, good values, good pay, good work life balance. Highly recommend.
Pros
Benifits cover workouts, better than average base pay + commission, fun team
Cons
work to midnight or later.
Incredible place to work
Educator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2018
Love Love Loved being an employee for Lululemon, I am so glad I got to work there and wish I could be there forever. The staff is great, the community is great and you always are excited to get to work.
Great Place
Educator (Former Employee) –  Toronto11 March 2018
Great place to work. Positive environment and a great team environment. If you get in with the, stay with them. The company cares about its employees, which is rare to come by.
Great job!
Educator for Lululemon (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 March 2018
Lululemon is a great working environment. To work at Lululemon employers should have good communication skills and knowledge on the products. The culture is amazing and very welcoming.
Pros
Cons
No Cons
Great culture at work place but tainted by selfish individuals
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC11 February 2018
The distribution center was a great place to learn and grow. Possibilities to get rotated and learn new skills are there if you seek it. Build your resume through here.

You will noticed how the management tried to make the workplace great and different unlike other warehouses.

However if they sees you as a threat to that culture, they won't keep you despite your productivity. It's not unionized. You're on your own.

There are few people who are genuinely nice and they made your day at work.

Approach with cautions if you do want to grow in this company. It's easy to get lost with all the euphemism and sugar coatings.

Otherwise it's a nice place to come to work to.
Pros
Staff discounts, fitness classes at work, modern facilities, safety is top priority
Cons
Sometimes unfair tasks distributions but keep it open mind and exercise good ethics
Lululemon
Educator/ Educator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 February 2018
The management at this location is amazing and listen to all problems. The wage is alright but moving up is difficult in the company and requires time
Pros
amazing atmosphere
Cons
Extra work outsides of hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lululemon Athletica. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3