lululemon athletica

lululemon athletica Employee Reviews

Felt really well supported as an educator and as a floor manager! Easy enough job once you know your product and how to speak to guests. However, I did have some issues with managers; they’re given way too much flexibility sometimes, and can make self-cantered decisions because of it. Very cliques. If you ever want to get into an ASM or SM position, you’ll be waiting a long time just for an available position, and then even longer because there are too many acceptable candidates vying for the same position. You’ll have to leave the company if you want to move up for that experience. Training as a manager isn’t ideal either; the ASM’s and SM’s all learn from people who are still fresh in their roles and it results in a lot of bad habits being passed down, some that have resulted in decisions that were detrimental to careers. As Key Leaders, ASM’s pass off more work to you to “learn their role for development” but it’s more work than necessary and not worth it for the both the pay and payoff of “development”. But if you don’t agree to do it, you’re not seen as a team player and then they won’t support you in development because you’re not as invested. Same goes for educators trying to get into key leader roles; you have to volunteer time and energy to prove you deserve the role.
Pros
Great benefits, fun self-development sessions, enjoy the guest experiences
Cons
Management personality issues, selective development, volunteer time
Felt as though I was apart of a family and could be confident in my work. Great management that was understanding and put the well-being of their employees first. Great benefits to working there and was very impressed with how educational and inclusive they are.
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
Not many shift availability, overhired
Not a fun place to they just want their work down they just use you and then fire you. The people are not nice management poor. Covid time and every one bindlw up
Pros
No free lunch
One good manager made shifts bearable, culture is very much drink the koolaid, if you dont drink it, you wont fit in. Hopefuly things have changed since.
Fun and inclusive place to work. Can be frustrating with scheduling when in the low season but generally good hours. Good benefits and discounts especially when full time. Great covid protocols.
Pros
Staff discount, health insurance for FT employees
Typical retail job experience. Good perks from the company that supported the life style they encourage.SM and ASMs did not get along which had a major impact on work environment.The company encourages you to mix your personal and work life. A lot of employees overshared and shamed those who did not. The culture was that everyone worked out together, did the same diets, wore the same clothes, etc. If you didn't integrate work life into your personal life you were made an outcast. Overall it felt like a cult.
Pros
Discount, taxable money towards fitness classes
Cons
Work culture
I love working at lululemon because who they take care of their employees. They provided things we need especially dealing with this pandemic. We had proper PPE to used everyday and we always have sanitizing products to protect us from the virus. The facilities maintained social distancing, the cleanliness and sanitizing all areas especially the WASHROOMS and the BREAKROOM.
Pros
Diversity, taking care of the employees
Cons
Pay rate
Working at two separate locations, working for Lululemon was great! Lots of community events and training opportunities (fitness and career wise)! Self development and learning is apart of their internal framework! They are interested in people who value personal growth. There is a strong sense of community as each location has a group of local athletes that they work with on a regular basis. There is opportunities to work seasonal during the Christmas holidays and part time. They love to promote from within and there will be many people who will coach you with your career growth and goals.
Pros
Free workout classes
Cons
Retail pay
Worked with lululemon seasonally and if you can handle the season madness you can handle regular downtime. Leads are very encouraging and support you in your decisions. If there is feedback to address they are very transparent but it has always been constructive feedback to further improve oneself. Very inclusive company. Benefits are equally as great especially as a ft employee. Only downside I would say is that starting off, the pay is quite low but I believe is standard for retail.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Low pay to start, Odd shifts
I absolutely loved working for lululemon. Work is always fun, the management strives to provide a creative and enjoyable atmosphere. There is a leaning curve with how specific their products are. I also felt like the company really cared about their employees. Staff are given monthly allowances to local fitness studios. The discount is incredible as well.
Pros
Discount, Culture, Fun, Atmosphere
Cons
Less hours, Hard to guarantee 40 hour weeks at a seasonal store
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at lululemon athletica?
It’s a very good place for work . No pressure,no stress,Friendly environment ,everything’s is good All staff and team leader is very nice .clean lunch room available for breaksi really like this place
I would love to work again the staff and lead very cooperative people and they understand ur problem easily and I miss that time I spend there with them thanks to all
Cons
Gud hrs
The interview was easy enough, two questions and it was popcorn style. The management is great, and work with you, always looking to help you grow with the company. However, full time hours are 24-40 hours and unless its busy season (black friday-boxing day), you can expect to get scheduled only the minimum 24hrs. Not to mention pay is just under $16.00/hour for a full time position, which cant really support you especially if you’re only getting scheduled 3x 8hr shifts a week.
Pros
Work culture, free monthly $200 credit card, free virtual yoga classes
Cons
Not enough hours, low pay
During my employment contract, the work was good in the beginning but after awhile I didn't seem to like it. The only thing that they care about is production. Making sure you are picking the customers orders. Not much room for growth. The team leads show favoritism towards certain individuals. You are competing amongst other staff to be the best but at what cost? Don't settle for less and think this job is the jobs of all jobs to work for.
Pros
Cons
Long walk from Lisgar GO station. Lots of walking in the warehouse.
Was hired on as a temp through an agency for Black Friday/Cyber Monday and Boxing week sales at the e-comm warehouse. Fun, uplifting work environment. Pretty amazing incentives for production. Very nice management and team leadership. Coworkers were awesome too! Sad to have to leave as my contract is up. All in all, highly recommend this company as they truly do care about their employees wellbeing.
Pros
Awesome incentives!!
Cons
None off the top of my head.
The only thing worth mentioning about their warehouse is that its relatively new and well organized compared to others I've worked in. Lululemon will literally make you work till you drop if you've proven yourself to be capable of handling larger workloads. Be rest assured that you will be assigned the majority of tasks which no one else wants while having paid the same.Work environment can be described as hostile, everyone is competing for space and trying to get their tasks done on time. On a side note, if you prefer a diverse environment then please move on. Its hugely dominated by a certain ethnicity including the management and supervisory team, you will hear them conversing in an language other than English throughout your shift.Benefits? none to speak of as I was hired through a placement agency. My advice to management, If you are serious about the well-being of your employees and social distancing, please up-size your cafeteria! Everyone is without masks at close distance throughout their break. Also, please consider incorporating performance incentives into everyone's payroll if you wish to weed out slackers. This is an effective strategy used by many warehouses. A gift card or pat on the back won't cut it, get real!
Pros
Free shuttle service.
Cons
Exhausting, overcrowded, hostile work environment
The management is amazing. They empower each individual in decision making which is great training for advancement. Amazing benefits and great incentives.
Worked with lululemon 2019-2020! Great company. Great staff. Awesome environment! Lost my job due to covid smh. I wasn’t familiar with the company before working there! The staff and team members were very helpful teaching me about the company and the processes in the warehouse! All in all! 1 out of a million experience! Lululemon is the grail of warehouses in the industrial twin cities known as Brampton and Mississauga!
Pros
Great environment
Cons
A fair amount of walking (ok with me but maybe a con to others)
I've worked for two different stores and my experience has been the same both times. Management is supportive of goals in and outside of work. Culture is team oriented- what you put in is what you get out. Hardest part is guest management (if they aren't kind). Would definitely recommend working in this positive, upbeat environment.
Very cliquey amongst co-workers & favortism obvious in front of all. At times told to keep quiet while working, felt too much like working in a degrading society. Inspired at first of advancement to all, but let down in end for most.
Pros
Free lunches at times, Discount on Merchant Rah-Rah Meetings
Cons
Gruelling, monotonous & Cliques
Wonderful place and people to work with. They pay for overtime. LOts of fun events are organized throughout the year for employees. You can switch departments after a certain time to get more exposure.