Lufthansa InTouch Employee Reviews

Good people, bad work-life balance
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON29 November 2018
The workplace has some great people, unfortunately that's the quality Lufthansa leans heavily on to counter the poor work-life balance. They are very demanding for the low pay. It would be a reasonable pay rate if the scheduling was more consistent, but as it is you have to be willing to put your life on hold so you can work all hours of the day, any day of the week. They genuinely take the time to ensure you have a strong knowledge before you're put out on the floor so it's unfortunate to see they throw it away by paying people so little that employees don't feel their dedication is reciprocated. The employees have the skills that Lufthansa needs and should be compensated accordingly for being dedicated to the company. As it is, the pay rate only makes sense for the employees in training since the turnover is so high and there is no way of knowing who will make to the floor. Once people finish training they should get a pay increase to keep them around after spending so much time training them. That, or give them a more consistent schedule so they have some semblance of stability in their lives.
Pros
Travel, Food, Benefits
Cons
Unstable and Demanding Schedules, Low Pay
3 December 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on promoting a positive work life balance at Lufthansa InTouch, and hear your concerns. I welcome you to come and speak with your HR department and/or management team to discuss potential alternatives. Together with your feedback and experience we can improve the overall moral, to eliminate the turnover rate and ensure the entire teams success.

Not enough Training + No help provided
BILLINGUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON21 November 2018
Customers who are understandably very upset can not be helped as not enough information and/or training is provided.
It takes at least an hour to reach the help line who are also unable to help or do not know any better (most of the times you are just told to manage it yourself and Come up with a solution - which is not possible as you do not have the power to make any major changes)

Very upsetting and would have expected something better, but I guess this is what happens when you outsource your Work
Pros
Cheap flight tickets and great benefits
Cons
Could never use them as you they do not let yo
26 November 2018

Thank you for your feedback, we greatly appreciate you taking time to share your perspective. We strive to assist and train all employees to ensure their success within the organization. It is unfortunate that you feel unsupported by the team, we will share this feedback in hopes to improve the situation. It states that you are a current employee, if you feel comfortable sharing other ways we can improve your working environment please contact the HR to share other suggestions of improvement, we are always happy to hear from you.

Happy to go to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON19 September 2018
Staff are welcoming and take time to introduce themselves to new hires.
As a recent graduate, I am able to use my education and feel confident in my contribution to the organization.
Management and leadership teams are committed to providing a positive work culture for employees. By proving opportunities for professional development/advancement, internal and external social opportunities and actively listening to employee needs and wants.
Pros
Welcoming environment, health and dental benefits, flight benefits, flexible work hours, free parking for staff, safe office, 40 hour work week, positive about change
Cons
Lack of natural light
9 October 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback, we're proud to offer many benefits to our employees and have such a welcoming environment to all.

Dont waste your time & effort with this company
Bilingual Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON2 September 2018
First of all they lie alot about the work being flexible. Whenever we had conference where we needed someone to listen to our struggles they will train us for something else. In the course of the 2 years I was with them I was trained for General Reservations, Miles and More, Web Support, Error reporting, serving both the European and American region etc and all for $15. When I reported tech issues they would not be able to fix it which made my AHT less. They are very unprofessional and racist!
Pros
Cons
Lies, Unprofessional, Bias
19 September 2018

We're sorry that you didn't have a positive experience and we take your comment seriously. The situation you describe does not reflect our inclusive culture.

Do not do it.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON26 August 2018
You are just a number. Management is only out for themselves and not the employees. They pretend to listen but do what they want anyway. There is no work life balance at all. Scheduling is a joke. Pay rate for the position is absurd. You are truly better off flipping burgers then getting yelled at by irate customers.
Cons
Scheduling, usless management, rate of pay
19 September 2018

We understand that schedules often demand flexibility and availability, but customer service requires that our representatives be available when customers need us.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. You chose to stay employed with us, please come see us with your concerns, our doors are always open and we put a lot of energy into creating a great work environment and providing a pleasant work experience. Your feedback is appreciated.

Call Centre
Remote Ticketing (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON22 July 2018
Great place if you need a stable job if you make it past the rigorous training. Training is 6 weeks classroom and then 2 weeks on the floor. Great place to possibly start if you have a tourism diploma and want experience right after graduation. Moving up in the company is hard unless you are there for years and years.

The people are great but the scheduling there was ridiculous. If you want a flexible work schedule you are kind of at a loss unless you work from home. Trying to take a day off is hard because you have to make up the hours later that week, instead of just taking a loss. Trying to switch shifts was hard unless you had friends was really hard to.
Cons
scheduling
19 September 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We know that the job can be challenging, but we are glad that you enjoyed the people here. As for schedules, we understand that they often demand flexibility and availability, but customer service requires that our representatives be available when customers need us. We wish you luck in your future!

Not the best work experience
General Reservations (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON1 May 2018
High expectations with minimum wage pay. The training period alone is enough. Most companies that hire push you to achieve success so long as you give it your all. At Lufthansa this is not the case, requirements to stay hours late to complete tests, taking time away from your family (again only paying min wage). Amazing benefits but a better job for single or retired people. A vast amount of information to intake with little time to be tested on it (setting you up for failure). Lack of scoring an 80% or higher on tests can result in dismissal of position. Felt more like school than a job.
Pros
Benefits, perks.
Cons
Long hours, lack of support, min wage, poor training.
19 September 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We know that the job can be challenging, The training is highly informative. We provide 8 weeks of training to give as much support as possible before starting the job on your own. Our trainers are always willing to stay late to help with those struggling with information or systems to give them the best chance of success. We wish you the best of luck !

Home Based really?
Customer Service Consultant - German Speaking (Former Employee) –  home-based29 March 2018
Very short training , they don't prepare you for the job enough
Nobody to talk to when problems occur hard to forward call requiring su attention
Benefits start after 6 month
Dental only after a year
They have good flight benefits BUT not enough off time to use the flight benefits ever
Have to work every holiday no long weekend ever
Highly regulated, what is the point in home based when every min you are working you are monitored and hours and scheduling is the same as office environment.
Pros
home-based, Approachable Friendly Management.
Cons
Low pay, Low Morale, highly regulated
19 September 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We know that the job can be challenging. As for schedules, we understand that they often demand flexibility and availability, but customer service does require we be available to our customers as they need us, 365 days a year. You are eligible for a day in lieu anytime a holiday is worked.
Home based is scheduled as if you are in the office with the perks of not having to commute to the office. It is not ideal for everyone.
Good luck with your future endeavors !

Proud to be part of Lufthansa
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2018
For a German, Lufthansa has always been a superior company to be associated with. It came much to my surprise that I was able to become a part of this global company even though I live in Canada. To work for a company that not only has a incredible portfolio of products, but is also run with integrity and innovation is really exciting. It is amazing that I get to use and not lose my language skills, and have colleagues all over the world. To be a part of this special undertaking, to help people travel the world, let's me go home each day with new stories and perspectives.

I enjoy the diversity of customers that I speak with each day, and am proud of what I can offer them. There are fair expectations of me, and a good structure, which once I understood them, I started to like. I've learned that asking questions doesn't hurt, and even though sometimes I don't get the answer I was hoping for, my questions were considered and answered.

As all of my family is in Germany the flight benefits are fantastic as well. For my parents, me working here is great, as they are able to visit us several times a year without it costing a fortune, which has allowed my kids to see their grandparents so much more. Additionally I can afford to go home for short trips throughout the year which eases my homesickness.
Pros
Flight benefits for my family, international colleagues and opportunity
Cons
Sometimes working holidays
19 September 2018

Thank you for your great comment! We put a lot of energy into creating a great work environment and providing a pleasant work experience. We are glad that you are able to use the flight benefits to enhance your work/life balance.

Friendly Place
Customer Service Consultant - Groups department (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON20 March 2018
I have worked in customer service based environments all my life, this is easily the best place to work. The atmosphere is welcoming and inclusive to everyone. It is a call centre, so there are tough customers but for the most part calls are positive. No outbound calls. If you want to be successful and grow the managers will be right there with you supporting you.

If you like a challenge and want to work with great people, I recommend joining us :)
19 September 2018

We appreciate your feedback. We are glad you have had such positive experiences with the staff :) We strive to create a positive working experience and develop great people!

The cadillac of call centres!
CSC (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON7 March 2018
LIT offers extensive training, great benefits and opportunity to travel! As an inbound call-centre the customer service we are able to provide is rewarding and interesting. The corporate benefits and perks are great too (discounts on local activities and restaurants) I highly recommend this as a place to work. Great team!
19 September 2018

We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us—and we agree. We count ourselves lucky to have great employees like you!

Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON7 February 2018
This is not the average call center and every day I was able to deal with a variety of customers and requests involving their travels. I loved my team, Team Leader and the work atmosphere. There were two committees working to come up with new and fun ideas all the time. Management was always approachable and open to ideas and suggestions. I wish I could have stayed, but due to family obligations had to leave. When I can, I wish to return.
Pros
Great team, Approachable Management, Travel opportunities, Growth opportunities, Meeting new people
Cons
No immediate shops in walking distance
19 September 2018

Thank you for the great review! We’re so happy you loved your time here with us. Hope everything with your family is going well.

Not a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON25 January 2018
If you enjoy not being able to help people and like being ridiculed and measured on your inability to help the customer cause your training is inadiquit and the support system that your to have is not there. The pay does not match the work.

Children as supervisors is a bad combination.
Pros
Non
Cons
Sucks
19 September 2018

I am sorry you had a negative experience. We are continually working on improving our training for both new employees and our management team. We will continue to move forward with this.Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Pays the bills
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 July 2017
People are nice, work becomes monotonous. Great benefits difficult to take advantage of. Limited understanding of job issues by management, more concerned on reducing costs.
Not a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Home Based26 November 2016
Very bad training , they don't prepare you for the job at all.
Nobody to talk to when problems accure
Benefits start after 6 month
Dental only after a year
They have good flight benefits but not enough vacation to use them
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Low pay, no managment, horrible training, benefits only starting after 6 month and dental only after 12 month
19 September 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We work hard to provide our employees with with the best training and support possible so that they can develop their skills and be successful.Customer Service in this environment is not for everyone. We wish you luck !

AMAZING Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON25 July 2015
This company offers a variety of shifts to meet everyones needs. Management is easily approachable and understanding. Lots of room for advancement. Overall a wonderful place to work!
Pros
Low Pay
Cons
Wonderful Company, Approachable Friendly Management.
19 September 2018

Thank you for the great review! Employees are the backbone of our success, so your comments are really appreciated :)

Such a fantastic place to work
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 July 2015
Lufthansa has an amazing work force. There is plenty of opportunity to advance with many different positions. The training is extensive as well as full of information useful in everyday life.
19 September 2018

Thank you for the great feedback! It always makes us happy to hear that our employees are enjoying their employment with us.

Professional and Quality Service Oriented
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON19 January 2015
Enjoyable workplace with great benefits and understanding and supportive management. Team and Quality oriented. Team base, lots of room to improve your knowledge and skills and to move upwards within the company.
19 September 2018

Thank you for your great comments! We are always pleased to see that our efforts to create a great working environment are recognized and appreciated.