Lufthansa InTouch

Lufthansa InTouch Employee Reviews

Canada33 reviews
Featured review
Lufthansa InTouch selected this as a representative review
Have a friendly management,
Great people like a family.

Time off provided.

I loved their work culture,

Timings are super friendly.

Would recommend it to people after finishing their school.
13 February 2020
Thank you for your comments! We feel the same way! :) Referrals are always welcome!
They hype you up to think the job is something it is not. The environment was toxic and stressful. Nearly everyone I knew who worked there when I did have since left for many, many reasons.
Pros
A few great co-workers became great friends
Cons
Stressful job and environment
Management is rude and condescending, but usually only if your not white. You have better chances of advancing, being treated fairly and not being talked to like you’re a child if you are white.
As a home based agent you are pretty much on yourself. However, LH InTouch has developed a reasonable network of helpline. Additionally, it is a new experience to be working with an international team all around the globe.
Management is a joke and is very toxic. Some management takes great pride in micromanaging people into panic attacks while others are too afraid to do their job and protect the employees. So few truly good people work their and they are forced out quickly or are treated poorly. All they care about is people in chairs. No care for satisfaction or appropriate compensation.

The work itself was tough and challenging but usually in a good way.
13 February 2020
While we do have specific company targets and goals that we all aim to reach, it is not meant to be seen as micromanaging. There are a lot of good people who work here, and the consultants are very valuable and not viewed as numbers or chairs.
Our employees are our greatest asset, we try to help them succeed in their role and certainly hope that we can do this without this very unfortunate reaction.

With our Employee Assistance Program, we encourage anyone to reach out when stress of any kind becomes overwhelming.

There are many different outreach programs that we can assist with contacting if needed, but all employees should feel comfortable to approach any member of the management team for any reason.

We wish you well in your future endeavours, and thank you for your feedback.
Poor management. Very clicky. Travel benefits are great but pay is so low you can’t afford to go anywhere.
If you’re not in the click then good luck. Very stressful.
Pros
Flight benefits
13 February 2020
A lot of our employees do take advantage of the travel benefits even for a weekend getaway!
At Lufthansa InTouch we are like a family and it is not our intention to come across as "clicky". We're sorry you felt that way and wish we were given the opportunity to change this perception.
I was fortunate enough to work at LH InTouch for a couple months. The people were great. Every person I met was incredibly kind and knowledgeable and willing to help. HR and the scheduling team were great and worked their best to accommodate me. The TLs and TQs are incredibly helpful and really make you feel welcome. Pay is low, but unfortunately that has nothing to do with this office. The trainers were incredible. Clean relaxed atmosphere.
13 February 2020
Thank you for the positive feedback! This is exactly what our values represent and hope that all employees enjoy the same experience.
Flight and health benefits after 6 months and dentist benefits after 1 year. Great to work as home based agent. Good manager and colleagues. If you are allocated to help with new services/skill, you don't get paid more.
13 February 2020
We appreciate this feedback and we are always growing. We see this a positive asset that is essential to our success! New skills can lead to personal and professional development, creating the potential to advance.
I began this career with about 20 candidates and only 3 are still working for this company. Why? Simple; too much favouritism towards those who *spread their legs*, they promise flexibility but run a treasure hunt on working time slots (First-Come-First-Serve). I remember some friends will call and cry that they could not take time off to pick their children or even spend time with them during school off. They offer flight benefits but with 10days in a year its almost impossible to enjoy as you will be on standby. When those ten days are up you are threatened with termination. I had to work with after an MVA. If you wish to move up you just have to shut up and work like a donkey and that's if you are favoured or you kiss their butts to climb up. They will gang up on you if you speak up against one - group mobbing.

All the training sessions I went to, I had to pay out of pocket. Just so you know! You earn $15.00, have to pay bills and also have to pay for accommodation or transportation to learn something that can only be used at Lufthansa.

In all, the people I started with were nice people to work with. They gave me the sanity I needed to stay strong.

Lufthansa is amongst the top leading airlines in Europe but they forget that its the call center agents who run their business for them. They have locations in Manila, Brno, Instabul, Cape Town, Dublin, Berlin and Peterborough and with the exception of TXL and DUB all the other locations are being exploited - less input more output. I was cross-trained to service both revenue and non-revenue (Mileage Award Program) tickets.
 - more...
13 February 2020
We are really surprised to see this feedback as this isn't the feeling that we get from our employees. We pride ourselves on building relationships with everyone who works here and believe that everyone is treated fairly. It is unfortunate that we didn't have the chance to address these concerns with you before you left the company. We take all feedback seriously and want to make sure that others are not feeling the same way. Our door is always open!
Management was what is ruining this place. A lot is expected of you and Management is never happy. They constantly look for reasons to 'coach' you. Even if you do well, if you aren't buddies with management you are not able to move ahead in the company.
13 February 2020
We have a certain standard of quality to maintain. Coaching is a regular part of every customer service consultant position within the organization.
We have a formal internal recruitment process and we always chose the best candidate for the role and it is often a difficult decision with all of the talent that we have.
The hardest part of the job was to meet the average handing time.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Getting assisted is not that easy
Love working at LH. A lot of great staff and there are many opportunities for growth. I love the chances to travel on the companies dime. The pay is not the best but they make up for it in benefits.
Pros
Good day, travel benefits, health benefits
Cons
Shift work, minimum wage
2 July 2019
Thank you for the positive feedback, we encourage everyone to share their opinions and provide constructive criticism for us to improve. We're proud to offer flight benefits, international work exchanges and health benefits to our staff members. If you have anything else you'd like to share, feel free to come to HR and visit us in person.
I have worked at LH inTouch for over a year. You only have 10 sick days a year, after which your job is threatened. They don't allow drs notes if you have to miss more than the 10 sick days allowed. Makes for a very stressful place to work. Feels like you get bullied or discriminated against if you have a disability. And, yes, I let it be known I had one before I was hired.

Pay is minimal, does not match up with the demands made on the employees from upper management.

Benefits are ok. But it's difficult having the time or the funds to take advantage of them.

Worst of all, the new website doesn't work. Because of this, employees are constantly getting yelled at from passengers. That and employees don't have full access to either one of the LH websites, so it makes it impossible to assist passengers when they call for assistance.

All in all, I do not feel very positive about LH inTouch. Unfortunately, I have decided to look for new employment.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Low pay, high stress job
13 February 2020
We are sorry that you feel this way. Please be assured that we take all feedback very seriously and do our very best to address all concerns.
We consider the needs of all our employees and strive to accommodate any special needs.

We understand that certain aspects of customer service can be challenging but we make every effort to provide the training and tools necessary for our consultants to be successful.

Our door is always open and we welcome the opportunity to discuss any and all concerns.
It may be a successful way to lure in candidates, but don't let the flight benefits of this job fool you. The flight benefits equal to about 10 to 20 percent off of the total ticket price. This would be a really great perk if they paid their workers more than minimum wage. How can someone afford to go on a trip if their income is barely enough to pay for a local one bedroom apartment? Not to mention, the premiums and quarterly reviews are incredibly difficult to accomplish, making it very hard to raise your minimum wage. Considering that this job will most certainly involve getting yelled at on a daily basis by customers-- I would've loved to see some extra incentives or benefits, however, they almost never offer any. Many people who work here are severely disadvantaged and are living paycheck to paycheck because of Lufthansa InTouch's abysmal, unlivable wages.

The people who work there are amazing people. I can't say the same about management. I was a very successful, motivated and efficient employee with great statistics and they still attempted to manipulate me, under value my work and gave very little care to any of their employees thoughts or ideas. They demonstrated a severe lack of empathy, understanding or respect for their hires. They work you to the absolute bone and show zero reward, other than the bare minimum.

There is room for growth within this company-- but it is extremely misleading. There is a glass ceiling when it comes to advancement and management will ensure you dislike the company more and more the further you advance. They do not value your job
 - more...
Pros
people who work there
Cons
literally everything else
10 June 2019
Thank you for your feedback, we welcome all constructive criticism from current and former employees in order to learn from and improve.

It’s unfortunate you weren't able to benefit from our flight discount. This is one of the best opportunities we offer our employees and emphasize the importance of using your vacation days or "flexi" days to travel the world. Although the discount is for standby flights, the discount value is 90% off.

Incentives are standardized across the organization, to ensure fairness. If you were having difficulties meeting your targets, we often suggest reviewing statistics one on one with your direct supervisor. In addition, Team Leaders are able to assist you with achieving growth with the organization. In future I would suggest reaching out to your Team Leader when you're unsatisfied and allow us the opportunity to improve your perspective on the organization.

We're saddened to hear you felt manipulated and undervalued while working for Lufthansa InTouch. We pride ourselves in our ability to motivate and encourage our staff members, and if you felt this way we would like to know why. We offer an exit interview to all former employees, I would encourage you to reach out to the Lufthansa InTouch Human Resources department in Peterborough (705-872-3000). HR is able to advocate for you, and is a great starting point to implement positive change.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to discussing these concerns with you.
Seriously is THE WORST PLACE TO WORK. lots of bullying in the Spanish department. Spanish agents are ignorants with lots of envy. They barely speak English. They talk bad things about management but in front of them they act nice. Management, former and current have preferences among the agents. HR don’t care about you. When ON province raised the minimum pay, this company stopped paying the internet for home base so they could pay you as the province established. That tells you they are not solid. Management covers EVIDENT bullying problems by ignoring them. Training is poor poor poor quality. Stay away from them.
10 June 2019
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate both positive and constructive criticism.

We take allegations of bullying or harassment seriously and have investigated this claim. Your title states that you're a current employee, I would urge you to please see Human Resources immediately to address this claim.

Compensation is important and we offer many opportunities for premiums or incentives to earn in addition to your hourly wage. Team Leaders are very supportive, and if you were looking to improve and grow professional with Lufthansa InTouch I would recommend speaking with you TL to express your interests and goals with the company. Having an open and honest conversation is the best way to implement change, and move forward.

Please contact Human Resources by calling 705-872-3000, thank you in advance.
The workplace has some great people, unfortunately that's the quality Lufthansa leans heavily on to counter the poor work-life balance. They are very demanding for the low pay. It would be a reasonable pay rate if the scheduling was more consistent, but as it is you have to be willing to put your life on hold so you can work all hours of the day, any day of the week. They genuinely take the time to ensure you have a strong knowledge before you're put out on the floor so it's unfortunate to see they throw it away by paying people so little that employees don't feel their dedication is reciprocated. The employees have the skills that Lufthansa needs and should be compensated accordingly for being dedicated to the company. As it is, the pay rate only makes sense for the employees in training since the turnover is so high and there is no way of knowing who will make to the floor. Once people finish training they should get a pay increase to keep them around after spending so much time training them. That, or give them a more consistent schedule so they have some semblance of stability in their lives.
Pros
Travel, Food, Benefits
Cons
Unstable and Demanding Schedules, Low Pay
3 December 2018
Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on promoting a positive work life balance at Lufthansa InTouch, and hear your concerns. I welcome you to come and speak with your HR department and/or management team to discuss potential alternatives. Together with your feedback and experience we can improve the overall moral, to eliminate the turnover rate and ensure the entire teams success.
Customers who are understandably very upset can not be helped as not enough information and/or training is provided.
It takes at least an hour to reach the help line who are also unable to help or do not know any better (most of the times you are just told to manage it yourself and Come up with a solution - which is not possible as you do not have the power to make any major changes)

Very upsetting and would have expected something better, but I guess this is what happens when you outsource your Work
Pros
Cheap flight tickets and great benefits
Cons
Could never use them as you they do not let yo
26 November 2018
Thank you for your feedback, we greatly appreciate you taking time to share your perspective. We strive to assist and train all employees to ensure their success within the organization. It is unfortunate that you feel unsupported by the team, we will share this feedback in hopes to improve the situation. It states that you are a current employee, if you feel comfortable sharing other ways we can improve your working environment please contact the HR to share other suggestions of improvement, we are always happy to hear from you.
Staff are welcoming and take time to introduce themselves to new hires.
As a recent graduate, I am able to use my education and feel confident in my contribution to the organization.

Management and leadership teams are committed to providing a positive work culture for employees. By proving opportunities for professional development/advancement, internal and external social opportunities and actively listening to employee needs and wants.
Pros
Welcoming environment, health and dental benefits, flight benefits, flexible work hours, free parking for staff, safe office, 40 hour work week, positive about change
Cons
Lack of natural light
9 October 2018
Thank you for your positive feedback, we're proud to offer many benefits to our employees and have such a welcoming environment to all.
You are just a number. Management is only out for themselves and not the employees. They pretend to listen but do what they want anyway. There is no work life balance at all. Scheduling is a joke. Pay rate for the position is absurd. You are truly better off flipping burgers then getting yelled at by irate customers.
Cons
Scheduling, usless management, rate of pay
19 September 2018
We understand that schedules often demand flexibility and availability, but customer service requires that our representatives be available when customers need us.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. You chose to stay employed with us, please come see us with your concerns, our doors are always open and we put a lot of energy into creating a great work environment and providing a pleasant work experience. Your feedback is appreciated.
Great place if you need a stable job if you make it past the rigorous training. Training is 6 weeks classroom and then 2 weeks on the floor. Great place to possibly start if you have a tourism diploma and want experience right after graduation. Moving up in the company is hard unless you are there for years and years.

The people are great but the scheduling there was ridiculous. If you want a flexible work schedule you are kind of at a loss unless you work from home. Trying to take a day off is hard because you have to make up the hours later that week, instead of just taking a loss. Trying to switch shifts was hard unless you had friends was really hard to.
Cons
scheduling
19 September 2018
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We know that the job can be challenging, but we are glad that you enjoyed the people here. As for schedules, we understand that they often demand flexibility and availability, but customer service requires that our representatives be available when customers need us. We wish you luck in your future!
High expectations with minimum wage pay. The training period alone is enough. Most companies that hire push you to achieve success so long as you give it your all. At Lufthansa this is not the case, requirements to stay hours late to complete tests, taking time away from your family (again only paying min wage). Amazing benefits but a better job for single or retired people. A vast amount of information to intake with little time to be tested on it (setting you up for failure). Lack of scoring an 80% or higher on tests can result in dismissal of position. Felt more like school than a job.
Pros
Benefits, perks.
Cons
Long hours, lack of support, min wage, poor training.
19 September 2018
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We know that the job can be challenging, The training is highly informative. We provide 8 weeks of training to give as much support as possible before starting the job on your own. Our trainers are always willing to stay late to help with those struggling with information or systems to give them the best chance of success. We wish you the best of luck !