Luff Industries

Luff Industries Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
Family run and friendly. Unfortunately there was not much room for safety improvements and several times I was injured while doing my job.
Good culture.
I worked here for 6 years as a machinist and left on my own accord. The management is waayyy better than previous. The machines are older but well maintained. Wages were more than fair. Negative reviews come from people who didn't have the skills to pay the bills. Overall, not that bad of a place to work.
As a machinist working for this company, you are treated with absolutely no respect..
You are called a tech. Not a machinist, and the show just gets worse from there. Supervisors got there job by kissing ___. So not much supervision skills. No real clue as to how to treat machinists.

Machinist beware!
Poor management safety almost non existence supervisors have little respect for employees
Lack of supervisory skills no chance of advancement

Safety officer is a joke
In the beginning, it was ok but as you start working their longer you just see how badly manage this place is from the lazy supervisors to the unprofessionalism from safety and management. Supervisors and management from what people told me was talking about me and making fun of my illness which I was diagnosed with. I had a doctors note for a week of work off due to my illness l, when I was to return to work, I was emailed not to enter the shop. So I had to talk to the safety personal about me having a bottle of steroids at work and threatened me saying we gave it cops and was gonna tell your name but decided not to. He later then asked me to do 3 things for me to consider coming back. I would need another doctors note explaining what my illness is and why couldn’t I take the medication given to me prior to the tests I’ve been doing, and to briefly explain why I had to take a week off and if the steroid I was taking in small dosage just cause ola few of the symptoms From what I had made my muscles and bones weakened. I had Graves’ disease and hyperthyroidism. My doctor was furious cause that’s not right for company to make me discuss my illness. They didn’t even ask when I returned if I was ok, but were so adamant to find something on me. Never have I experienced such hostile acts or behaviour towards me in a company with such unprofessional manners in regards to someone with an illness which affects day to day life, they treated me like I was in death Row or something. They also lied to me saying I never told anyone about that I wasn’t coming in next week due to illness, - more...
Pros
Kept me busy through the whole day
Cons
Immaturity in the shop, lazy management, hard work is disregardedUnprofessional, bad management, taken advantage of, mistreated, safety personal was unprofessional used threats and made up rules, a lot of brown nosing, backstabbers, and disrespect
it wasent that bad working there. i just wish i was treated with a little more respect , cause i feel like i was taken advantage of considering how young i was
Working here was alright. I felt as though I would never move forward with the company. Not as many people were willing to help as I needed, therefore I never progressed forward much.
I enjoyed working for Luff, and was very proud of the work I did there.
I was taught how to run many different machines, and how to work with different tools. Everyday brought new challenges, and enjoyed conquering them. I will miss working for that company.
Every day was busy, never a dull moment
Management was very supportive
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Luff Industries?