Lucky Supermarket

Canada40 reviews

Insights into Lucky Supermarket

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

Poor management

Some employees think that they are your boss. They always interfere in everything without any knowledge. They can use phones, they can sit for hours, they can take 2 hours break and no one say nothing because they are “Friends” with Manager/owner.Salary increase is also based on favouritism not on your performance . If you are in the favourites list you can make more than 20$ as a cashier but if you are not in the list you are going to work on minimum wage forever doesn’t matter if you are senior employee or your performance is good.

Pros

Friends that you make there

Cons

Favouritism

I want to have a good environment wherever I work and a place in peace where I can do my work and have fun in my work.

I learn from this work how to meet people and what we can learn from people, and learn something new and about work. And how can we correct our mistake

Pros

Free lunch time to time

Cons

Long house and OT

No fun workplace no feedbacks

The management is worse at Lucky supermarket no feed back are given only complains are made and there is no pay raise when you have worked there for 15 years they fire you by changing the rules to availability to anytime when you say you are not available for a period of one week because you need to do a security clearance for your security they fire you and hire someone else at your place to replace you

Pros

Nothing is free you pay for everything

Cons

There are no benefits

No future

Paid rate are low not moved up until 6 years if you are lucky? Some coworkers are great BUT the Management is rude and careless they don’t even smile or look at your face.

You are not above the law!

I was in-store security for a week until the manager scolded me for not tackling a teenager because "he had a backpack". That plus terrible hours, zero respect, and blatant ignoring the BC Labour Laws...

Pros

people you meet

Cons

irredeemable

Poor management

Very unsystematic Vietnamese management. Poor logistics and stock control. Messy management. Poor scheduling of work that workers will not know which days to work in the coming week. Some managers are abusive to workers like dictators for irrational reasons, just to show they could do anything including food without a record of transaction simply because the boss' relatives.

Terrible. Company is awful.

I would not reccomend working here if you have mental health issues because it gets VERY stressful VERY fast. Department managers and management are extremely rude.

bad management

Worst place to work at. Management is awful, location is horrible. They expect 1 person to run the whole store. Which would be normally the work of 10-15 employees.

Toxic Environment with Poor Management

This place is a very toxic environment for those who want to work there. Many of the people are over dramatic and HR management is lacking. The customers are nicer then management.

Productive and friendly waorkplace

productive work area, leanerd how to get along with other culture, the management communicates very well as well as the co-workers. peak season is the most busy days of the job like any occasions coming up. customer sometimes harsh is the cons of the job but overall, everything in the job is great!

Pros

free lucnh

Cons

fun workplace with great people

work was fun we met many people and seen many new faces every day. pay was decent for the work being done, managers were also good, and co-workers as well

Just stay away.

Just dont work here....... they cannot keep staff and the mgmt/owners are to say the least hard to please. hugely understaffed and existing staff is treated poorly. There is a reason they are advertising for literally every store position.

Pros

decent wage

Cons

Too many to list

Not a professional workplace

Short cut training and no training guideline. People do not know what to do. No team work no communication; very disorganized. Wage is low and will not be reviewed and raised. Wage is depending on manager's personal preference not employees' performance. Over workload. Bad location as many shoplifters around the area. Most employees have negative attitude when working that will depress you too. I will not recommend this company.

Pros

employee discount

Cons

Poor management

Not the best but not the worst

Management is terrible, they are very business oriented for a supermarket. They are a family owned supermarket, and honestly, if you wanted to bring up problems to the manager, they won't listen at all

It is not a good place to work

Overworked, under paid, and bad management. Severely under staffed, so as a result, will be asked to do more than your job description. The area has a lot of shoplifters and is dangerous because it is in Whalley.

Pros

co-workers are nice

Cons

management

Toxic environment

Most staff is wonderful, at least the ones who aren't higher ups. Some supervisors or management don't care about their employees. They only care about making money. The store is super disorganized. Staff doesn't pay attention to what is stocked on the shelves (what is expired, which items are currently on sale). It raises many complaints from customers and makes it more difficult for cashiers to ring out people. Management doesn't update systems all the time and so many items on the shelves can't even be scanned. There is a lack of respect for employees. There is a lack of organization.

Pros

Friends with coworkers

Cons

Awful management, awful communication

Completely the worst place to work company does not care about family...

Was a closing supervisor under a grocery wage. Working 10 hr a day, doing ordering inventory deli kitchen closing store. Had to leave for medical reason but offered to go back numerous times but management said take another week and another week off. Just recently was told to come back part time closing supervisor then waited and waited for her to say no where to put you.

Pros

The friends you make while working there.

Cons

No communication, wage, management treats everyone rudely

Be professional in all our business dealings.

I love working in a retail store on a weekend coz it's busy, you assisted customers on their needs, time so fast. With those days that were not busy we help other departments.

Pros

Dealing with customers

Cons

Complaints

productive and fun staffs as well as the workplace

I always issue money, credits, vouchers. I reconcile records of sales or other financial transactions. I establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission, and arrange bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners. As a Grocery clerk: I help customers with any difficulties that they may experience, as well as answer any questions that are raised. For instance, if the customer cannot locate a certain product, I take him/her to the product’s location. In addition, when a customer inquires about the pricing of a product that is not labelled, I also find out the price of the product. As a Courtesy clerk: Helping customers to carry-out their items. routinely sweeping and cleaning spills. I prompt customer services and assistance throughout the entire store.

Pros

Giveaway Free Lunch voucher to staffs.

Cons

no benefits

Not a great workplace

Management is not updated with current labor laws.Always the employees are thrown under the bus. Being a female worker is challenging because the superiors are always out on the hunt to makeout with a co worker and the manager doesn't do anything about it because he knows it as well.

Pros

Utter complete mess

Cons

Not the greatest work place

A good place for a first job

It’s a good store with a lot of items but it’s really tense to work there, and the manager is very intimidating. Good place to have a first working experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lucky Supermarket. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Lucky Supermarket with