Lucky Brand

Lucky Brand Employee Reviews

Canada46 reviews
Working here was fun, had a great team - great temporary job as there is no room for advancement unless you live where a head office is located.

My working hours were all over the place. Making sales targets was stressful especially at a new mall in the Winnipeg Market. Winnipeg customers are very cheap so selling jeans for 125$ is very difficult.

Completing floorets to standard was very challenging due to the fact that the store manager kept cutting hours. At the time the store was slow - hours should have been cut from selling associates.

When I first started we had a great district manager - she moved on after a few months. Then we continuously had changing district managers which was challenging to build repair with them. It was harder to be motivated at work.
Pros
good team, amazing culture
Cons
no development, sales targets difficult, turnover in district manager
They terminated all there employees in Canada during COVID-19 - not a great look for the company and shows no security in your job. No integrity to give you the truth but blames on a world pandemic.
All the employees are very nice . They work as a team and follow the slogans which is impressive. All of the people on team were kind and help you in all ways.
Honestly a nice place to work when you look at the discount given and the other part time staff but the management really made it a terrible place to work. There was such a lack of communication, some management took their personal problem and brought it into the work day, making the day super uncomfortable for the rest of the employees. Very childish workplace, the pay is not worth the drama that's created. Overall, the job itself wasn't hard and the other part time staff were lovely.
Honestly, it’s a job. This company in Canada has a terrible and inconsistent way of leadership and it shows in the lack of consistency. The rate of turnover is a reflection of their inability to hold onto their staff—most leave for similar positions at “rival” companies such as Jack and Jones or different companies altogether. If you are interested in growing within your career, don’t invest in lucky.
Typically, the workday is nice and easy. The day can go from long-lasting to short depending on traffic. Love the regular clientele as they can be the sweetest and most kind people you've ever met, they truly make the job worth it. Yet there can be times where people are rude (as with most jobs) and there can be, at times, ferocity between management.
Pros
Great discount, typically lovely management
The job was stressful for an entry level retail associate position. There was no room for advancement. They looked to hire from outside the company vs within. The salary was fixed, never increased and we did not make commission despite being forced to drive sales.
Gained customer service experience and communication skills in fast retail environment. It helped me meet and built new partnerships. Management was amazing.
The manager and coworkers play a large part in the atmosphere of the workplace and also in your work hours. Although the workplace is small and there are a smaller amount of workers, it is easier to connect with newer workers more quickly because you see them more often. This is a company that teaches you how to approach customers easily and give quality customer service for each and every customer.
Pros
Hours are quite flexible
Cons
Sometimes don't get the minimum amount of hours
Overall, a great place to work, the team I worked with was amazing. Targets are sometimes tough to meet. Promised promotions are not always given, hence why I left the company.
Typically i like to stay with a company for a few years before i find a different job since im a student and i want experience in different areas, but i left lucky brand early as i felt i was singled out a lot and not treated like a decent employee when i would come and give my all every shift i was given. complaints were not heard by managers and that made it very difficult to stay in that environment
Fun and enjoyable workplace with a lot of room for advancement if you take it.
The co workers and customers create a fun and enjoyable work environment.
You get some great discount of jeans and tops, but the vibe of the company has gone from one-on-one boutique selling to more of a corporate mass-market thing. It's still a solid job for retail, provided you can hit your selling numbers.
Pros
great staff discounts
Cons
unpaid breaks, minimal hours
The work is fun and the people and relationships you develop are amazing but the opportunity to move up in the workplace is not necessarily there. Communication lacks among employees and scheduling can sometimes be an issue if certain days are needed off.
My experience with the company was amazing, I have no complains. Is a very welcoming and fun environment and the DM and VP are always present, they care about every single employee, and they make sure to get to know you and making you feel important.
Pros
Free clothes, environment, staff, management
This company was an unsafe environment. It was heavy lifting, high storage with no appropriate ladders and not enough work to offer more than 4 hours per 2 weeks period.
It's a great place to work! I was constantly surrounded by great people, who were always looking for ways to better the company, and working on individual skills in order to do so. When days were slow, we caught up on stock work and also had a chance to talk about life in general. When i left, at the end of summer, I felt like I had made friends, who I am still in contact with today.
Pros
good company, good clothes
Cons
small store
Great employee Discount
amazing culture and values

Leadership is inspiring and motivational

Need more notice to execute operational duties, allows us to better plan

Promotional strategy too often is complicated and customers become frustrated
Pros
Competitive Salary
Cons
Operational disogranization
This was my first opportunity managing and working with people, I loved it.

The culture at LBJ was very laid back and that suited me at the time, it was perfect.
Each day we had to make sure all hangers were in lined and neat, we learned each sale we had on that day and had to know each new product and how to sell it. I learned how to engage more with customers and work on how to sell the product to them.
Pros
Good % off clothes for workers.
Cons
not good hours
The work itself wasn't bad. My coworkers were great, management was good until i put in my resignation. I felt i was treated very poorly. I quit as i was making a positive change in my life and attending college.