LOYALIST COLLEGE Employee Review

View all LOYALIST COLLEGE reviews

Good experience, iffy management
ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON3 November 2017
While I enjoyed my time as technician at Loyalist it was my understanding that I would be taught new methods to solve problems and complete my work in a neat and orderly fashion. However most times I would have a problem thrown at me without instruction and then be told I had messed up royally which would be fine if I had not made it clear I had never worked with the material before. Complete distrust from management and being constantly chastised for asking questions led to me leaving the job prematurely.
Pros
Wide variety of work tasks to keep yourself thinking, Challenging work
Cons
Unsupportive management, Little to no instruction

Other LOYALIST COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place.
chef in-training (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON21 June 2019
I'm technically in a working place, but it is more of a learning place more as I am in college for Culinary Management. Every Thursday and Friday the "Resto 213" is open at Loyalist College, which is a restaurant that the Culinary program runs. this is where us (the students) learn how to work in a restaurant both severing and cooking.

The chefs that work at the college to teach are very understanding, and are willing to show us how they want things done. They also give us excellent feed back and advice
Fun and welcoming environment to work in as a student
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON1 June 2019
As a student of the school the management gave all Residence Assistants challenging but doable jobs. We were tasked with nightly door and floor checks of all residence buildings, We were also tasked with working alongside the campus security to ensure the safety of all students living on campus.
Pros
Working in a team environment and meeting fellow students
Cons
Late nights