LOYALIST COLLEGE Employee Reviews in Belleville, ON

Fun and welcoming environment to work in as a student
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON1 June 2019
As a student of the school the management gave all Residence Assistants challenging but doable jobs. We were tasked with nightly door and floor checks of all residence buildings, We were also tasked with working alongside the campus security to ensure the safety of all students living on campus.
Pros
Working in a team environment and meeting fellow students
Cons
Late nights
Amazing workplace atmosphere
Residence Programmer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON23 April 2019
I learned different ways to help build programming for students that lived on residence. The most enjoyable part of the job was to communicate with students and help make their experience at Loyalist College a positive one. The hardest part of the job was finding programs that everyone would would like to participate in. In the age of technology, I found that events where you could get the students to communicate and off of their phones were the most successful events!
Awsome work place
Fundraising Outreach Officer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON22 April 2019
wonderful mentors, wonderful colleagues. learned a lot about international prospective both in and out. loved working. hardest part of job was to consider point of view of everyone and come up with one conclusion summing everyone's.
Okay but could have been better workplace
Material Testing Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON1 April 2019
Was a fun place to work but was being underpaid and overworked. More was being expected of me and I was working more hours then I was paid for. Although the work was enjoyable I wish I had been covered for all the hours I was required to work.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Overworked
Everyone is nice.
Sessional Professor (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON31 October 2018
Everyone is nice. You can work there for a decade on contract, but when permanent jobs come up you never get an interview and they always hire someone from out of the blue that nobody has ever heard of before.
Pros
You can stay there forever on contract.
Cons
Never get hired on permanently, even after a decade.
Part Time Teacher
Professor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON27 September 2018
I only taught at Loyalist for one semester, but I enjoyed it. I taught Excel to a great group of students, it was great to see them work hard to pass the class.
Over all a good place to work.
Welding Instructor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON17 August 2018
things have changed alot in the past few years at loyalist college. some good change and some not as great as others, management could be better some instructors may be left feeling overwhelmed by the lack of training
Pros
free lunch
Cons
mismanagement
10/10 Would work there again
Student Work Study, Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON11 May 2018
I performed weekly routine maintenance of scientific instruments and the preparation of unknown samples for students. I handled caustic, acidic and toxic materials. The staff is enjoyable to be around and the atmosphere is very helpful and non-competitive.
Pros
Access to research materials and flexible hours
Cons
Minimum wage
Great Student Learning Environment Through Employment
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON2 May 2018
The college offers many different areas for students to learn skills and advance their professional development while still in a strong learning environment.
Great job while attending school
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON11 April 2018
It was a great job while I attended college. I met hundreds of students and helped them with all kinds of different programs and was in charge of the print desk.
Pros
Good hours and flexible
Cons
Only for students
Online facilitation is perfect!
Online Course Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON20 March 2018
I have been facilitating online course for the food worker certificate for 7 years. There has been a few staff changes but they are excellent at notifying who has taken on each role applicable to my support team. Every staff member I have had interaction with has been helpful and friendly with excellent communication. As I am not working AT the school, I cannot comment specifically, however my time with Loyalist has been profitable and worthwhile. As I work from home, the job/life balance is excellent. Job security and advancement is based on enrolment which cannot be controlled.
Pros
Work from home
Great School.
Police Foundations Orientation Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON17 March 2018
Excellent learning environment and staff. Excellent programs and student services. Enjoyed meeting new people and working closely with like minded individuals to accomplish similar goals.
Part Time Professor
Course Developer & College Instructor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON12 January 2018
Teaching is a full time job, regardless of ones title or status. If a salaried position had become available I would have jumped at the opportunity to work at Loyalist College full time. Regrettably I could not afford to work for so little pay and declined further teaching contracts.
Great part-time job while being a continuing student
Studio Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON11 December 2017
My day-to-day activities were to help fellow students plot their drawings, provide assistance with software and hardware issues, and help teachers with any side-jobs required.
Pros
No travelling from school to work
Good experience, iffy management
ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON3 November 2017
While I enjoyed my time as technician at Loyalist it was my understanding that I would be taught new methods to solve problems and complete my work in a neat and orderly fashion. However most times I would have a problem thrown at me without instruction and then be told I had messed up royally which would be fine if I had not made it clear I had never worked with the material before. Complete distrust from management and being constantly chastised for asking questions led to me leaving the job prematurely.
Pros
Wide variety of work tasks to keep yourself thinking, Challenging work
Cons
Unsupportive management, Little to no instruction
Good place to work!
Professor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON28 August 2017
Great place and keeps you very busy! The students and staff make the place what it is. The workload is demanding in the busy time of the academic year, but very manageable otherwise.
Fun, energetic and upbeat
On Air Announcer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON23 June 2017
Loved being here while taking my college program. Love being in the radio industry and I feel like 91x was the best place to start my career. For anyone looking into the radio career please start it at Loyalist College and they will get you started!
Student in the TVNM program
Camera Operator - "When the War Comes Home" (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON5 May 2017
The Television and New Media program was a great place where I learned how to use advanced filming and editing techniques to tell the stories and move on into my career.
Enjoyed Working here
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON25 February 2017
I enjoyed working at Loyalist College because there was always something to do i was never sitting around. My job at loyalist was very convenient for me because i was living on campus and attending the school For Electrical Engineering So it was very accessible.
Pros
Very close to my home
Good place to help get some money during school work
Student Access Lab Help Centre (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON18 June 2016
I worked at loyalist during my time finishing my course. It was good to do work during studies. It was easy work and I got to help people learn more about technology.