LOYALIST COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Great Student Learning Environment Through Employment
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON2 May 2018
The college offers many different areas for students to learn skills and advance their professional development while still in a strong learning environment.
Great job while attending school
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON11 April 2018
It was a great job while I attended college. I met hundreds of students and helped them with all kinds of different programs and was in charge of the print desk.
Pros
Good hours and flexible
Cons
Only for students
Online facilitation is perfect!
Online Course Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON20 March 2018
I have been facilitating online course for the food worker certificate for 7 years. There has been a few staff changes but they are excellent at notifying who has taken on each role applicable to my support team. Every staff member I have had interaction with has been helpful and friendly with excellent communication. As I am not working AT the school, I cannot comment specifically, however my time with Loyalist has been profitable and worthwhile. As I work from home, the job/life balance is excellent. Job security and advancement is based on enrolment which cannot be controlled.
Pros
Work from home
Great School.
Police Foundations Orientation Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON17 March 2018
Excellent learning environment and staff. Excellent programs and student services. Enjoyed meeting new people and working closely with like minded individuals to accomplish similar goals.
Part Time Professor
Course Developer & College Instructor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON12 January 2018
Teaching is a full time job, regardless of ones title or status. If a salaried position had become available I would have jumped at the opportunity to work at Loyalist College full time. Regrettably I could not afford to work for so little pay and declined further teaching contracts.
Great part-time job while being a continuing student
Studio Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON11 December 2017
My day-to-day activities were to help fellow students plot their drawings, provide assistance with software and hardware issues, and help teachers with any side-jobs required.
Pros
No travelling from school to work
Good experience, iffy management
ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON3 November 2017
While I enjoyed my time as technician at Loyalist it was my understanding that I would be taught new methods to solve problems and complete my work in a neat and orderly fashion. However most times I would have a problem thrown at me without instruction and then be told I had messed up royally which would be fine if I had not made it clear I had never worked with the material before. Complete distrust from management and being constantly chastised for asking questions led to me leaving the job prematurely.
Pros
Wide variety of work tasks to keep yourself thinking, Challenging work
Cons
Unsupportive management, Little to no instruction
Good place to work!
Professor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON28 August 2017
Great place and keeps you very busy! The students and staff make the place what it is. The workload is demanding in the busy time of the academic year, but very manageable otherwise.
Fun, energetic and upbeat
On Air Announcer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON23 June 2017
Loved being here while taking my college program. Love being in the radio industry and I feel like 91x was the best place to start my career. For anyone looking into the radio career please start it at Loyalist College and they will get you started!
Student in the TVNM program
Camera Operator - "When the War Comes Home" (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON5 May 2017
The Television and New Media program was a great place where I learned how to use advanced filming and editing techniques to tell the stories and move on into my career.
Enjoyed Working here
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON25 February 2017
I enjoyed working at Loyalist College because there was always something to do i was never sitting around. My job at loyalist was very convenient for me because i was living on campus and attending the school For Electrical Engineering So it was very accessible.
Pros
Very close to my home
Good place to help get some money during school work
Student Access Lab Help Centre (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON18 June 2016
I worked at loyalist during my time finishing my course. It was good to do work during studies. It was easy work and I got to help people learn more about technology.
people are pleasent to work with
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON8 April 2016
the profesors are great to learn from. the computers are up to date, and the students are good to work with.the most enjoyable part was the patients of the teachers
Pros
good food
Cons
driving in bad weather
It is an awesome place to study and work.
International Student Leader (Current Employee) –  ontario15 October 2015
I am an international student leader and here I work with all international students and help them whenever they need any kind of help.
Pros
coworkers are good
Cons
effect my study hours during weekdays
My favourite job
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON2 October 2015
This was a great opportunity for me as a student. My boss was very kind and understanding. I loved the independence that I got from this job as I went out and shot events.Wish I could have continued this job outside of college.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Minimum hours
Great educational institution, fantastic environment to work
Extraction Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON3 July 2015
Typical day at work was to calibrate the instrumentation, process samples as requested by manager, report data to manager.

Learning experience was due to physically using the instrumentation to process samples.

Management is great. Absolutely nothing negative to say.

Hardest part of the job was peeling shrimp... 50kg of shrimp.

Best part was the educational experience and learning new processes.
Pros
Great management, Learning test protocols
Cons
None to report
Great College
Fitness Centre Attendant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON7 January 2015
Student job, so it was very flexible and fun to work at. The fitness centre was always full of people and was a very fast paced atmosphere.
Engaging and collaborative
International Student Recruitment Officer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON29 November 2014
As an 'International Recruiter' at Loyalist I helped with attending seminars and conferences in India. The team was extremely open, trusting and supportive to ensure that nothing was stuck up at this end, which allowed smooth working overseas.
Pros
Positive and Inclusive work environment
Plenty to learn at the Aboriginal Resource Centre
Native Studies Instructor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, Ontario22 June 2014
As the Aboriginal Recruiter for Loyalist College there was plenty to learn about the many programs at the College. Unfortunately, the 5 month contract didn't allow for both touring to reserves and urban centres where potential Aboriginal students live and learning about the programs.
Staff was great to work with and students were enjoyable to talk to in the short time there.
Pros
staff & students
Cons
short term contract
CO2 extract product
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON13 June 2014
Work with a unique, supercritical CO2 extractor and 4L custom built pilot scale extractor performing natural health product research and development projects.