Lowe's Employee Reviews

Fun to Work
Manager Of Product Services (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 February 2018
I have worked in a management positions for over 10 years. Also I have lots of experience in client management. I am seeking an exciting new job to show my experience as well as to learn other skills and challenges.

I am hard working, conscientious, willing to learn, a team player. I strive to treat others with respect
Lots of Pretty Words
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC9 February 2018
They pull you in with promises of advancement, and the ability to grow and learn.

They stick you in your place and make you stay there until you don't have any will to try to advance anymore because they block you at every turn.

Employees run the floor because management has to deal with things completely unrelated to employee work ethic and help. Often you find them trying to clean up a mess because someone called corporate and they have to now do whatever corporate decided without any actual context as to the issue.

These customers return and make life awful for employees who can't tell them to leave, and management can't stand up to because corporate said so.

Management is overworked and I've seen every single one of them get physically or emotionally ill because of it.

When you work here your only allies are your coworkers. I loved my coworkers (management included) so much, but I watched as every single one of them began to resent management or corporate or both because they were stuck and they were told to take it.

You are told you cannot stand up for yourself, have to accept everything customers and management alike throw at you. If you don't, you have to fear what corporate decides to do to you.

They tell you there can be benefits, then refuse to let you into a position where you can have them, so you're constantly waiting for support that never comes.

Even the people in the position to have them find that the work hours are all over the place, there is no structure, and there is no communication between management and employees about how to make
  more... it better.

When there was they didn't listen, so the employees gave up.
Pros
You'll make enough money to eat bread
Cons
You'll never have a life out of work
Family-like environment
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2018
A good place to work with great employees who treat you like family, however the job can get stressful at times. There is tons to learn and several opportunities provided for one to develop their skills.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Customer complaints to head office
Very bad environment hostile and negative
Plumbing Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 February 2018
Not a very stable place with terrible leadership and even worse support system. Nevertheless provided the tools or support to be successful in your position. Very strict set of rules to follow
employee review
Delivery Management & Lumber Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON6 February 2018
The staff and environment at Lowe's makes it a great place to work. Along with being able to assist customers and contractors Lowe's provides a wide range of products at competitive prices
Good overall
Loader, Cashier, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 February 2018
Friendly and diverse work crew. Communication needs improvement between management and the different work sections as there are often confusions with customers' pick up orders. Every month, they reward their staff with a birthday cake for the birthdays in the month and food for a month's end celebration. Reasonable hours as a peak employee.
fun seasonal work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2018
Friendly staff, solid work environment, room for advancement. Company was helpful with scheduling conflicts

enjoyed customer interactions
could use better safety standards for lifting
Sales Oriented
Appliance Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON31 January 2018
I would typically come to the floor and check all my orders making sure everything was ready and up to date. After that i can start helping out customers on the sales floor with any questions or inquiries they had on appliances. Then hopefully closing the sale. The most enjoyable part was closing a big sale and successfully up-selling.
Pros
lots of sales experience
Better then other places
CSA (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 January 2018
Lowes offers a lot more opportunity for advancement, IF, your store has openings and IF your managers like you more then other people.
It was alright place to work, my co workers are what made it worth it. Management took out their stress on staff and they paid the price later when staff quit.Its another retail job, not much different then Home Depot, other then a few more opportunities really. They were flexible with schedules which was nice, but a lot of the time it wasn't worth the stress and pain of working there. They ask too much of staff for what they pay most of them.
Pros
Flexible, pay raises
Cons
Poor management, lack of professionalism
Great Values and Opportunities.
Sales Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 January 2018
Lowe's offers good job security and career advancement options. They provide good structure and values to help their teams grow and in so provide better customer service.
Best place to work as college/university student
Cashier/Loader (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON29 January 2018
Great summer job for students
decent salary
Hours varies from 20-40 hours a week
Standing for long hours
Nothing is really hard about the job
Management is decent
Pros
1 hour lunch, 2 15min breaks
Great staff
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Stittsville, ON27 January 2018
Arrive to work, get ready, clock in and start my day. Walk outside to assist every customer i possible can with the biggest smile on my face. After thank them.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
Working outside
Great employees and staff
Flooring Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON24 January 2018
If you love to talk with and help people this is the place for you. Great and friendly staff to work with. I found it quite an enjoyable experience which made me strive to be even better.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Working weekends
Productive environment nice and friendly
Commercial Loader/Customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Steeles and kennedy, ON23 January 2018
Having recently migrated to Canada this was my first job and so far i can honestly say the best work environment I've been in so far. The team i worked with was awesome
Pros
nice team to work with
Cons
disrespectful customers
Appraisal for each and every innovative thing
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 January 2018
The best place to work is in Lowe's West side. All the staff members are very helpful. Managers appraise every new idea anyone brings in and these ideas are implemented as well
basic job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 January 2018
decent job, can't complain. get on the managers good side and you are set. focus on working on each task and don't get stressed out. you gain some nice skills.
Pros
flexible hours if you're not full time
Cons
disorganized store
Fun and exciting workplace with a great environment
customer service (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 January 2018
Lowes was a fun place to work. The people I worked with were for the most part kind, fun and worked hard. The management team cared deeply for their staff and did whatever they good to maintain a healthy work environment.
Very productive work place all in all.
Lumber Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 January 2018
All in all a good place to work. I enjoyed my time with them. It was going very well until they started cutting hours unexpectedly. They had no explanation. This is my soul reason for leaving.
Pros
Every other Friday they supply lunch
Cons
Minimal hours
Upbeat place to work
Customer Service Associate/Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON17 January 2018
Best staff to work with. Upbeat friendly environment. Great support and encouragement. Fun atmosphere. Great opportunities to troubleshoot, learn and grow. Love the challenges, and feeling of accomplishment.
Pros
Pay, friendly environment, great staffing.
Cons
changing shifts too often, going from days, to afternoons to nights in the same week.
Excellent company to work for
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON16 January 2018
Prepare daily task list for employees, making sure everything is lip to the line, selling the entire project making it feel as though you are a big part of their project. Self rewarding.
Pros
Training

57.8K