Lowe's Employee Reviews

Lowes Cashier
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2018
Working as a cashier can be difficult. Alot of drama and cattiness amongst the cashiers. Company itself is flexible and work around your school schedule.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Short staffed
très bonne entreprise axée sur les clients et ses propres employés
directeur national marketing relationnel (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC27 September 2018
Environnement de travail productif et agréable. Au moment de mon départ, l'entreprise déployait beaucoup d'efforts à instaurer une nouvelle culture d'entreprise. Je leur souhaite du succès ayant passé de nombreuses bonnes années avec cette entreprise.
Pros
lieu de travail facilement accessble
Cons
aucun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 September 2018
I loved working at lowes I made a lot of good friends and worked a great summer and had a lot of fun it was a great job to have for the summer I enjoyed working there
Fast pace with amzing staff
Lead Unload (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON24 September 2018
Teaches you all you need to know about tools and hardware.

Management is amazing and supportive.

Lowes will do anything for their customers which is a good thing and sometimes a bad thing for staff.

The best part are my co-workers, great people who make the store great.
Pros
free lunches ever season
Not a fun place to work
Receiver/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 September 2018
You are just a number, more focused on the company then the staff. Not much room for pay increase and they pay minimal. Ok job if looking to get a pay check and just starting off.
Pay was not too bad
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2018
All employees ned to be held accountable.
Very stressful for certain positions.
Busy during the summer.
A lot of different departments to work in.
Dealing with difficult customers.
Pros
was the pay
Cons
streesful
Lowes review summary
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 September 2018
Lowes is a large cooperation that treats their customers with respect and please their needs. A typical day at Lowes is clocking in, and walking to my proper cashier area and checking customers out and getting them, and to have a nice day. I learned that they are prioritize customers. The management is rude and unorganized as well, they do not give you notice for when they switch your shifts. The workplace is the same, most of the employees speak negatively about other employees and that is not a good work environment. The hardest part of the job was having time with school to take days off with a month notice and getting refused those days. The most enjoyable part of the working at Lowes was probably getting to know the customers that came in.
Pros
The friendly customers
Cons
The management
A very Innovative concept
Manager, Centralized design office (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON20 September 2018
The environment was extremely fast paced with key focus to keep the turn around times down without compromising accuracy of the 2020 designs.

It was an enjoyable and learning experience being part of something that had never been done before in the home improvement business in north America.
Pros
To part of something totally new.
Cons
Hiring.
Summer Job
Loader (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONT20 September 2018
The job was alright for a summer job. Made a pretty decent amount of money to pay for school and living expenses. Had a decent amount of hours per week, was very stressful but a good job.
Lots of opportunity to learn
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 September 2018
Good company to work for. Job can be stressful at times - too much to do and not enough time. Same as many other retail places. Lots of opportunities to learn. Most of the managers are great. Some are less stellar. Same for co-workers. Nice that they have benefits and a few other perks.
Pros
benefits and discounts
Cons
inconsistent schedule
Productive workplace with a friendly atmosphere
LUMBER SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON17 September 2018
Working as a sales associate in the lumber department, it was both physically and mentally demanding. The hours were good, and the staff was friendly and welcoming. At times the work can be tedious, but it is rewarding.
I enjoyed my Lowe's work family
Fashion Plumbing Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 September 2018
I enjoyed working at Lowe's. It was fast paced in my particular Fashion Plumbing dept, The only reason I have for leaving is my personal circumstances have changed and I have relocated to the Comox Valley, There is no Lowe's 😢
Pros
flexable
Cons
shifts could be more constant
Lowe’s has no family values
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 September 2018
Not the best places to work if your trying to make a career out of it. They lie to you on a daily basis and there’s no team work. Managers arent reliable and they promise you things but at the end of the day it’s always a let down.
Pros
Paid leave
Cons
Long hours, no team work
If you want a family life This place isn't for you
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 September 2018
I have been a full time associate with the company for a while. Full time employees are not allowed to have an availability. Weekends off are few and far between. Management is mostly distrustful, rude and show no empathy toward anyone. Booking time off and getting it approved is impossible. They find a reason not to let you have time off.
Pros
salary
Cons
Moral is the worst, Management, lack of personal life
Great place to work with a lot of fun people.
Loader (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 September 2018
My work at Lowe’s has been enlightening and inspiring. I was a loader which means my general duties were keeping the parking lot clean, picking orders from their designated homes as well as the shipping and receiving. I would help customers load their cars when something was too heavy for them to lift on their own. But when there were times I had nothing to do I would walk around the stoke, make sure things are tidy, and direct customers to whatever it was they are looking for.
Pros
Good management team.
Cons
Only 15 hours per week.
Night Crew
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 September 2018
A typical day at work is clock in unload the truck, top stock, have your lunch and then go home

What I learned is to use machines such as forklifts, reach forklift and order picker
Decent Place to work. (mostly)
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 September 2018
For the most part the management teams for the 2 stores I have worked at have been decent, with the occasional bad apple that turns up because of store transfers. The worst part of the job is the lack of work/life balance. They don't want you to have a live outside of the company. If your lucky enough to get one of the few permanent full time positions then requesting time off becomes impossible. There is also zero hope of having ANY kind of regular schedual. All full time staff need to be availve the 120 hours a week the store is operating and work all shifts in one week period.
Pros
the 10% employee discount
Amazing experience
Cashier/Customer Service/Loader (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON11 September 2018
Working at lowes was one off my most memorable postions and jobs i had ever had i met so many people i would still call family to this day and the company itself always ran very fair and smooth.
Can be a fast paced operation at times.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 September 2018
Working with the public directly is definitely a good life lesson. People are so different in so many ways and being able to learn and adapt to peoples individual needs is a pleasure as well as a curse.

Being a large corporate outlet, management tries to identify with employees but in some instances the corporate culture overburdens the process.

The hardest part of working at Lowe's is the physical demands put on the employees by the tasks of selling lumber and building materials. Even though power equipment is available, it cannot always be employed.

People are the most enjoyable part of working at Lowe's. From the customer to the coworker, being around the people can always bring a smile.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Demanding physical work
Good for a first job or student job
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 September 2018
Fun place to work and make friends. Although it can get cliquey (sp?)

Good place to work and lots of job variety if you show motivation and ask for extra training.

There isn't a lot of motivation to move up in the company as the pay isn't very good as you climb.
Pros
Free movies and popcorn, meet new people
Cons
Low to no raises, even if you've learned a new skill or job

58.8K