Lowe's Employee Reviews

Open to change and success
Product Profitability Manager - Contract (Former Employee) –  North York12 March 2018
People were generally positive, wanting to do the best, growing company with lots of opportunity to become efficient. Management was proactively seeking to be better
Pros
People/Culture
Cons
Dealing with the US team
Good and comfortable
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary10 March 2018
Good organization work, friendly and safe. Diversified environment, very cooperative in terms of growth. Hard work along with smart work gets you recognize faster.
productive fun at work
Sr. Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NC9 March 2018
a typical day is to load data into hadoop learned datastage management is friendly workplace culture is cooperative
hardest part is to undserstand all clusters
Pros
free lunches
Cons
To work where people love their work environment, and they are calm, stress-free and happy all day long.
Customer Service Associate Windows and Walls (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 March 2018
Typical day work.

What your learned.
I learned how to operate Levolor blind cut machine and measure interior and exterior windows. Also use Genesis application, create a quote and Special Order for custom.

Work place culture.
Very respectful and do an excellent customer services and work safety.

Hardest part of the job.
I general; no complaints.

The most enjoyable part of the job.

To work with coworker and do cut blinds and learn new things.
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  RIchmond, IN6 March 2018
Lowe's was a great place to get my career started in Customer Service. I interacted with the leadership team and with the customers daily. The company recognized its loyal customers.
Good people Coworkers
Product Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB6 March 2018
Management was alright didn't agree with a few of them but that isn't uncommon. But to the point of being told that i had to change my personality because it offended adults that i worked with was something else.
Love the people and customer interaction.
Sales Specialist/Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2018
This was my first retail job. I never worked for a box store before. I love working at Lowe's (and still do), the people I work with make it fun to come in every day.
After working there for 7 years, I have found that Management only sees the people beneath them as expendable and easily replaceable, whether you have experience or have been there for a long time or are brand new. There are people there that have given more than they should and are treated like they still have to earn their place, while others coast along with no repercussions not doing their job. I am sure favoritism is in nearly all stores on some level, but was disappointing to see first hand. If they feel you are too good in your department, you are moved to another because they don't want you to be too comfortable.
Benefits
Cons
Shift Work (ranging from 5:00 am to 11:00 pm)
what i learned
Lumber Associate (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON4 March 2018
i learned about different products sold throughout the store and there purpose, Also how different products work in comparison with others.
They are also open to you learning new positions .
Pros
open to change positions
Cons
management doesn't help with customers
Productive and Basic Workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB28 February 2018
A typical day would be stocking product from the back inventory as well as grabbing what wasn't on the floor for customer requests. You can get trained for forklifts and order pickers which can be at times demanding because of the shortage of staff who were trained on it. I learned to do inventory checks as well as place orders. The workplace culture was relatively more for an older audience.
Cons
Long Hours with minimal work
Great Place to work
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario27 February 2018
I have worked at Lowes on and off for about 2 years, and I enjoy working there, the company has great morals and they treat their employees awesome.
I love the friends that I have made and the management has been great
Dont work here
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC27 February 2018
This place is a joke and i do not recommend working here. your lucky if you get benefits. Management is so bad. They bully people, especially hr and managemnt.
Fast and busy paced company
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON25 February 2018
Big company with lots of opportunities and provides free training. Has good management and nice working environment. Has good good working transparency.
Pros
Free lunch every quarter of the year
Cons
Too far from my home
Lots of hours
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 February 2018
Management was very bad never enough people working in any department which leads to an overwhelming amount of preventable issues. a typical day as a cashier doesn't involve many things other than cashing in and out people. a typical day at the customer service desk involves returns, price matches, van rentals, delivery dates, online pickups, as well as general customer inquiries and issues. the hardest part of the job for me was the hours they gave 44 hours a week but not including breaks it comes to 40 hours I was paid as part-time staff and didn't get any benefits. the scheduling is not very flexible ex 10-7 12-9 etc. overall the job itself is doable they train you as a cashier but don't train you at the customer service desk they just throw you in.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
long hours usually 9 hour shifts
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON20 February 2018
Running cash sales, as well as helping customers with directions around the store if needed. Good people, understanding of personal conditions, very family friendly.
Cons
Some long hours
Great Coworkers, Okay Managers.
Loader (Former Employee) –  Queensborough, BC19 February 2018
I really liked the coworkers I worked with. But a few managers seemed to be pretty aggressive from stories I have heard. Overall good place to work and would recommend for benefits.
Pros
Great Salary, Really Good Coworkers and Hours
Cons
Some Managers Not Good with Communication.
Management needs to be changed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 February 2018
Management needs to be changed. Very poor at communicating with their employees. Not enough machine operators in store. Store is a mess, product placement is never correct either.
Work here if you wanna be a slave
Loader/Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON13 February 2018
These people will work you till you bleed if you can. Avoid this place. Management is terrible, they have no regard or respect for the position that you were hired in and have no problem working you for minimum wage.
Great Actors
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON13 February 2018
Management does a wonderful job of ensuring all employees hear what they want to hear, regardless of how factual it may be. In low season, when the store is quiet, they'll tell you hours are getting significantly cut due to low store traffic, while also hosting job fairs and "National Hiring Day" at the same time, while also promising you your hours will start to increase now.

The vast majority of staff have devoted their life to retail so management puts them over anybody who is just looking to make some money while pursuing a different career path, regardless of how long you've been working there. I often found managers didn't communicate between themselves and consistency is a foreign word here.
Pros
Large/Busy store looks great on resumes
Cons
Unstable hours, No Job Security
Lowes Lumber sale associate
Lumber associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON13 February 2018
would have to re organize all the skids of wood and pull them forward on top of having them evenly stacked. I was quick to pick on the different types of wood so that i could better aid customers on their projects and make sure best customer satisfaction. I also had to operate the cutting machines and branched out to other departments when needed. The overall environment was nice also because i knew some of my colleagues before working there but the hardest part of the job would be when we had to help pick orders because of the size order, overall tho i enjoyed the job because most of the people were really friendly and i learned quite a bit working there.
Pros
Met a many people in an industry I was interested at the time
Cons
lack of shifts
Fun to Work
Manager Of Product Services (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 February 2018
I have worked in a management positions for over 10 years. Also I have lots of experience in client management. I am seeking an exciting new job to show my experience as well as to learn other skills and challenges.

I am hard working, conscientious, willing to learn, a team player. I strive to treat others with respect

57.6K