Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 699 reviews matching the search See all 31,044 reviews
Good people
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2018
At Lowe's I met and worked with a wide variety of people from all over the world. It was a pleasure working alongside them. It is unfortunate the the company does not respect its employees enough to pay them a fair wage.
Bon Environnement de Travail
Analyste d'affaires (Current Employee) –  Boucherville, QC29 December 2018
Agréable collègue de travail et environnement.

Collaboration instructif, beaucoup de chose à apprendre
long Hours
Loader (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON26 December 2018
my experience in Lowes myt not be the same with others.
but i Like the weekend team. specially weekend team. they really worked as a team. never felt i have been push to work.

the only bad thing i would say with weekend is to long hr. working 12hr a day loading turks is not fun. it is to much for the body. I prefferd working 10hr or 5 day of 8hrs.

i found that the last 2hrs in our 12hr shift is a waste. we are not as efficent as we are when we start the day. sometimes our minds is not focus on safe loading, but thinking i am to tiered i just want it done.
Pros
good team
Cons
long hr of heavy lifting
Great company
Flooring Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 December 2018
Beautiful company to work for
Great hours
Great leadership
Pow wow
Enjoy working here
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 December 2018
Takes great care of their customers in a pleasant manner.Sales are frequent to keep the customers shopping for bargains and guaranteed to satisfy. also offer customer support in loading product at the door service.
okay place to work for
Lumber Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 December 2018
great staff an fun place to work only two issues i had were lack of saport an lack of willing to give 80 hours a week for full times employies. staff is willing to help all over the store.
Pros
lots of help
Cons
full time is not 80 hours a week
Fun working there
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC8 December 2018
Like it because of the interactive place where you help customers and try your best to satisfy them with your work. Working environment is also good.
work
Milton On- Team Member (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON8 December 2018
Hard working place, if you want to go forward have saty good with managment if its okay or not. Some department have there own policies they are not hiring people from out side. they keep there own people
team work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 December 2018
It is a fast paced home improvement store. I got chance to improve my communication skills while working in multicultural environment.
Management team was professional and understanding. This place helped me in building a positive attitude towards Canadian workforce.
lots to do
Customer Service Associate/Overnight Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON4 December 2018
in a typical day you would have lots to do it also gave me a chance to learn how to operate a forklift properly and safely the experience it gave me was overall a demanding job
Terrible place to work, and very unfriendly night crew!
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 November 2018
I have never been fired from a job in my life and I have had many jobs. One day, they called me in the office and let me go with no explanation. I am a hard worker. My dad was dying and I missed a couple of shifts (you’d think they would be understanding.) In all honesty, the night crew was a tight knit group and it was hard to break into that and become friends. I think they threw me under the bus to get rid of me. The 2 female night crew supervisors are too young, and they are useless! Very unfriendly, except of course, with their friends. I worked hard, did everything I was supposed to do and beyond. I would not recommend Lowe’s. Besides, the wages are laughable!! I would like to sarcastically thank all of the night crew for an awkward, unfriendly, and back stabbing environment!
Pros
Cons
Management and wages.
Only option left
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 November 2018
Honestly i wouldnt recommend anyone to lowes if your looking for a quick job than fine but isnt stable enough for anyone they say they will give u hours but they dont it was honestly a giant waste of time what they told me and what actually happened were 2 different things they say help your coworks out if they fully need help but when you do you get yelled at for not being in your deparment
Pros
Work with good people
Cons
Friendly enviorn to be working in.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC28 November 2018
The people are very helpful and friendly. This job helps learning about new products/ how they work and also new tools. There are sufficient breaks provided in all shifts.
Hardest time of my life without job.
cashier(Cambridge) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 November 2018
I worked in Dyna-Mig at Stratford and due to insufficient demand I have to left my job and this is the hardest time that i am facing now without a job.
I Have a keen interest in customer service or fulfill customer needs.
I like to cook food and daily I used to cook for my husband.
Wasn't a good experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ogdensburg, NY27 November 2018
Wasn't a good place to work as a cashier. If you like standing at a register for 4 yours this is the job for you. If you need more than 12 or 16 hours of work this isn't the place. Was promised over 20 hours a week, but only got 12. When I asked for more hours they said they had no more hours to give. Then they'd give more hours to somebody else who didn't want them. Had to give up the job as the 45 minute drive was costing me the whole pay check.
A place where working has always been a satisfaction
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  British Columbia27 November 2018
Being in a firm where you can accomplish tasks and learn something new everyday and to deal with customers and having them satisfied to what they require. The culture in the workplace has always turned out to be the best as the organization would understand the employees needs and fulfill that. The hardest part of the job has always been where understanding what the customer would exactly require and being pat on the back when giving them the right answer.
Pros
Good company culture
Cons
No extra hours
Terrible Culture
Deliveries Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 November 2018
If you are looking to be valued, look elsewhere. This company does not treat employees in a professional manner and does not care to develop talent. Training will not be provided and management will carry a sink or swim attitude.
A good place to work as long as your hours are flexible. Lots of incentive bonuses, bbq lunches, coffee and donut days. Pot-luck lunches.
Customer Service Associate/Cash Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON22 November 2018
Working here is quite enjoyable. Overall, the management staff are very good to work with. They are very accommodating when it comes to family occurrences. Love the customers. Customers really appreciate an associate who knows their stuff and helps them complete a project for their home with confidence. Some days are busier than others, but you can always find something constructive to do on a slow day.
Pros
No commision, great bonuses for good sales, customer service and increased margins, discount for employees, auction sales for returned lowes.ca merchandise, great pot-luck lunches on all the holidays.
Cons
Shift work, so be prepared to work anywhere from 5:30am-10-30pm.
L'actionnaire est le plus important!
Ingénieur principal (Former Employee) –  Boucherville19 November 2018
L'actionnaire est le plus important! L'environnement durable n'est pas la priorité.
Pros
Super employés provenant de Rona
Cons
Compagnie américaine ou l'argent mène tout
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON18 November 2018
Good place to work with and easy to get with other friendly team member. Co-workers are willing to to help and provide information and Lowes are very understanding when it comes to time off and family needs.
Pros
Great Environment and Leadership

59.1K