Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 659 reviews matching the search See all 29,544 reviews
Nice
Department Manager – Flooring, Windows, Walls (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC14 October 2018
This particular location is great. We are currently understaffed, and that makes it hard a lot of the time. Hopefully we will be back up to full staff soon.
Front End Cashier
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON14 October 2018
• Serve cash counter quickly, and courteously
• Handle cash and accurately tally daily receipts
• Greet every customer with smile and inquire about store experience.
• Answer questions about merchandise and maintain current knowledge of all promotion
• Efficiently ring up items and process payments to keep customers flowing through check out aisles.
• Cleaned registers area frequently and notified maintenance of any equipment or spillage issue.
Fun workplace, employees, with hard work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 October 2018
My typical day started off with me signing in and starting my shift. I would usually check my emails to see if there are any tasks that need to be attended to, but most of my work consisted of helping customers, keeping my department clean and doing what any Assistant store manager needed. I learned a lot about the products in my department, which can always be useful to share to friends and family.

My one complaint about the job is the extremely heavy burdens on your body, especially in some departments. Once I obtained my order picker licensed, trying to move products from top stock that weigh 200+ pounds and are stacked under several other 200+ pound products is no easy task, especially when sometimes the product is so large, that it can barely fit on the machine itself.

Overall I enjoyed my time at Lowe's, it was an excellent place to work at, but also with hard work, specifically when having to retrieve products for costumers that weigh more than me.
Pros
Good hours, good management, fun environment
Cons
Heavy product lifting
Review Summary
Loss Prevention Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario10 October 2018
Confidentiality involves a set of rules or a promise that limits access or places restrictions on certain types of information. Lawyers are often required by law to keep confidential anything pertaining to the representation of a client. The duty of confidentiality is much broader than the attorney–client evidentiary privilege, which only covers communications between the attorney and the client. I am currently employed by this company.
Very fun work place, had tons of fun working here
Lumber Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK2 October 2018
Everyday you go to work theres something new happening, never the same day, very enjoyable company to work for. The upper management was very understanding of every personal situation i had .
what to say
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB1 October 2018
was a super fun place to work, The only down fall was that the management team didn't care about the bad things at where happening to the good people.
Hard work with good people
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 October 2018
My typical day was either 6:30 to 2:30 or 2 til 11 pm. I started in the store when it was a new build and the teamwork was fantastic. Most people worked very hard to do their best, and our department managers were exceptional people. The hardest part of the job was the concrete floors! Also breaks could get lost as it is difficult to walk away from a customer.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
hours
Lowes Cashier
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2018
Working as a cashier can be difficult. Alot of drama and cattiness amongst the cashiers. Company itself is flexible and work around your school schedule.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Short staffed
très bonne entreprise axée sur les clients et ses propres employés
directeur national marketing relationnel (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC27 September 2018
Environnement de travail productif et agréable. Au moment de mon départ, l'entreprise déployait beaucoup d'efforts à instaurer une nouvelle culture d'entreprise. Je leur souhaite du succès ayant passé de nombreuses bonnes années avec cette entreprise.
Pros
lieu de travail facilement accessble
Cons
aucun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 September 2018
I loved working at lowes I made a lot of good friends and worked a great summer and had a lot of fun it was a great job to have for the summer I enjoyed working there
Fast pace with amzing staff
Lead Unload (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON24 September 2018
Teaches you all you need to know about tools and hardware.

Management is amazing and supportive.

Lowes will do anything for their customers which is a good thing and sometimes a bad thing for staff.

The best part are my co-workers, great people who make the store great.
Pros
free lunches ever season
Not a fun place to work
Receiver/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 September 2018
You are just a number, more focused on the company then the staff. Not much room for pay increase and they pay minimal. Ok job if looking to get a pay check and just starting off.
Pay was not too bad
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2018
All employees ned to be held accountable.
Very stressful for certain positions.
Busy during the summer.
A lot of different departments to work in.
Dealing with difficult customers.
Pros
was the pay
Cons
streesful
Lowes review summary
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 September 2018
Lowes is a large cooperation that treats their customers with respect and please their needs. A typical day at Lowes is clocking in, and walking to my proper cashier area and checking customers out and getting them, and to have a nice day. I learned that they are prioritize customers. The management is rude and unorganized as well, they do not give you notice for when they switch your shifts. The workplace is the same, most of the employees speak negatively about other employees and that is not a good work environment. The hardest part of the job was having time with school to take days off with a month notice and getting refused those days. The most enjoyable part of the working at Lowes was probably getting to know the customers that came in.
Pros
The friendly customers
Cons
The management
A very Innovative concept
Manager, Centralized design office (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON20 September 2018
The environment was extremely fast paced with key focus to keep the turn around times down without compromising accuracy of the 2020 designs.

It was an enjoyable and learning experience being part of something that had never been done before in the home improvement business in north America.
Pros
To part of something totally new.
Cons
Hiring.
Summer Job
Loader (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONT20 September 2018
The job was alright for a summer job. Made a pretty decent amount of money to pay for school and living expenses. Had a decent amount of hours per week, was very stressful but a good job.
Lots of opportunity to learn
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 September 2018
Good company to work for. Job can be stressful at times - too much to do and not enough time. Same as many other retail places. Lots of opportunities to learn. Most of the managers are great. Some are less stellar. Same for co-workers. Nice that they have benefits and a few other perks.
Pros
benefits and discounts
Cons
inconsistent schedule
Productive workplace with a friendly atmosphere
LUMBER SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON17 September 2018
Working as a sales associate in the lumber department, it was both physically and mentally demanding. The hours were good, and the staff was friendly and welcoming. At times the work can be tedious, but it is rewarding.
I enjoyed my Lowe's work family
Fashion Plumbing Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 September 2018
I enjoyed working at Lowe's. It was fast paced in my particular Fashion Plumbing dept, The only reason I have for leaving is my personal circumstances have changed and I have relocated to the Comox Valley, There is no Lowe's 😢
Pros
flexable
Cons
shifts could be more constant
Lowe’s has no family values
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 September 2018
Not the best places to work if your trying to make a career out of it. They lie to you on a daily basis and there’s no team work. Managers arent reliable and they promise you things but at the end of the day it’s always a let down.
Pros
Paid leave
Cons
Long hours, no team work

58.7K