Lowe's Employee Review

Upbeat place to work
Customer Service Associate/Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON17 January 2018
Best staff to work with. Upbeat friendly environment. Great support and encouragement. Fun atmosphere. Great opportunities to troubleshoot, learn and grow. Love the challenges, and feeling of accomplishment.
Pros
Pay, friendly environment, great staffing.
Cons
changing shifts too often, going from days, to afternoons to nights in the same week.

Other Lowe's Employee Reviews

There’s no life balance
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 August 2018
I love everything about Lowe’s except scheduling. Your availability has to be 5 am- 11 pm everyday. Lots of closing and opening at the next day, you won’t get enough rest. One day work as opening the next mid or closing. Once an while you get weekend off.
Cons
Schedule
Young Student treated unjust and was fired for no reason and without proper explanation
Receiver/ Stocker (Former Employee) –  Heart Lake, ON6 August 2018
I'm twenty years old, a student and a hard worker. I worked for Lowes for a month and a half. I was hired in June 2018 and was wrongfully dismissed in July 2018. I came into work every day on time and even worked overtime if the work wasn't finished or more work was needed to be done. I had mean supervisors in the receiving department who made me lift up heavy boxes that strained my back and wouldn't even assist me or help me in any way. I asked several times to get trained for the forklift so I could get the work done faster and more efficiently but they never trained me. I have the forklift license but it is not valid at lowes unless they train me and they lied to me and said they would train me and never did. Managment doesn't manage breaks properly and abuse their authority. you have supervisors and employees who have worked for a long time leave the building to go to Tim Hortons or for breakfast on their paid 15-minute breaks and usually take way longer than 15-minutes. Then for the new workers, they rush you to go on break and tell you that due to busy workflow and how fast you work you may not get a break. I have worked numerous shifts where I haven't gotten all my breaks and was used to do all the heavy lifting with no one to help support me. I've had supervisors and or co-workers make me feel uncomfortable by talking in a different language around me while laughing. Lastly, before I was dismissed my supervisor made me take out the garbage which was totally wrong. This wasn't work meant for a lowes associate to do but the garbage disposal company. Lastly, I am still  more... waiting for my last paycheck they said I would get all my money on my last paycheck but it didn't include everything.  less
Pros
Paid Breaks and good enough wage to raise a family
Cons
improper work settings, management treats employees like slaves