Lowe's Employee Review

Better then other places
CSA (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 January 2018
Lowes offers a lot more opportunity for advancement, IF, your store has openings and IF your managers like you more then other people.
It was alright place to work, my co workers are what made it worth it. Management took out their stress on staff and they paid the price later when staff quit.Its another retail job, not much different then Home Depot, other then a few more opportunities really. They were flexible with schedules which was nice, but a lot of the time it wasn't worth the stress and pain of working there. They ask too much of staff for what they pay most of them.
Pros
Flexible, pay raises
Cons
Poor management, lack of professionalism

Other Lowe's Employee Reviews

Used to be great, now It's just ok.
Product Service Manager (current) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 August 2018
Been working there for more than 6 years, have worked multiple positions. When I first started, everyone was paid generously, there were more employees than work, nobody was overworked. Lately due to budget cuts (and in my mind poor company management), there's way too much to do, expectations are through the roof, not enough employees and almost everyone I talk to feels worn out/overworked. Overall, nowadays it's kind of depressing. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good company to work for, but the mindset is all about the money. There's not a lot of focus on employee happiness/satisfaction (I'm not even sure there ever was).
Pros
Work with some great people, paid fairly competitively
Cons
Work with some stupid people, extremly high expectations, too much to do and not enough time
There’s no life balance
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 August 2018
I love everything about Lowe’s except scheduling. Your availability has to be 5 am- 11 pm everyday. Lots of closing and opening at the next day, you won’t get enough rest. One day work as opening the next mid or closing. Once an while you get weekend off.
Cons
Schedule