Lowe's Employee Review

Productive and lot of opportunities available
Credit / SOS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  regina14 September 2013
I have learned a lot from my job. Every day is different and challenging.I used to be a Cash office clerk and then i moved to SOS/Credit Coordinator position. Management team is awesome.Nothing is really tough there is always a solution for every problem. Most enjoyable part of the job is that i get to follow up with vendors and customers

Other Lowe's Employee Reviews

Garunteed hours and friendly co-workers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB23 April 2018
Working at the front end of the store included dealing with basic transactions, returns, online orders and any other type of customer service. Little to no tasks were given when there was down time.
Fantastic place to work
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC20 April 2018
Overall, Lowe's is a fantastic place to work.

They care about their employees, and not just at the store level. There's room for advancement, and management will actively help you grow if that's your goal. They touch base with you frequently to let you know where you're at and how you can improve. There's always a focus on positivity, not just negativity. You can tell they put a lot of thought into who they hire and where they place them; everyone gets along well and has a great attitude. There are also numerous events and fun stuff for staff, and they try to create a good work-life balance. The company has good values and they stick to them.

The wages are definitely above average for a retail environment. Annual increases aren't anything special, though; the best way to get bigger wage increases is to move positions. There are benefits for part time or full time employees.

I've also never been with a company that's so transparent about everything, which is refreshing. They've taught me a lot about how the business runs and have helped prepare me for when I start my own business one day.

Though it's not your typical miserable retail work environment, it's still a stressful place to work at times, and not everything at Lowe's is perfect. Their systems are outdated. The training program could be better. Most positions require full availability and aren't flexible about it.

If you want to be successful at Lowe's, be eager, adaptable, and, most importantly, just have a good attitude.

57.6K