Lowe's Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 122 reviews matching the search See all 29,544 reviews
it's alright
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 October 2018
very busy, yet very understaffed. good summer job, a lot of hours. wouldn't recommend working during the fall/winter if looking for stable hours. demanding job.
Shift work
Kitchen Cabinet & Bathroom Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 October 2018
Good place to work, typical day is 8 hours and not a minute longer, management was good, I really enjoyed helping out the customer base they had their.
Cons
Hard work with good people
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 October 2018
My typical day was either 6:30 to 2:30 or 2 til 11 pm. I started in the store when it was a new build and the teamwork was fantastic. Most people worked very hard to do their best, and our department managers were exceptional people. The hardest part of the job was the concrete floors! Also breaks could get lost as it is difficult to walk away from a customer.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
hours
Lowes Cashier
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2018
Working as a cashier can be difficult. Alot of drama and cattiness amongst the cashiers. Company itself is flexible and work around your school schedule.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Short staffed
Not a fun place to work
Receiver/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 September 2018
You are just a number, more focused on the company then the staff. Not much room for pay increase and they pay minimal. Ok job if looking to get a pay check and just starting off.
Summer Job
Loader (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONT20 September 2018
The job was alright for a summer job. Made a pretty decent amount of money to pay for school and living expenses. Had a decent amount of hours per week, was very stressful but a good job.
Lots of opportunity to learn
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 September 2018
Good company to work for. Job can be stressful at times - too much to do and not enough time. Same as many other retail places. Lots of opportunities to learn. Most of the managers are great. Some are less stellar. Same for co-workers. Nice that they have benefits and a few other perks.
Pros
benefits and discounts
Cons
inconsistent schedule
If you want a family life This place isn't for you
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 September 2018
I have been a full time associate with the company for a while. Full time employees are not allowed to have an availability. Weekends off are few and far between. Management is mostly distrustful, rude and show no empathy toward anyone. Booking time off and getting it approved is impossible. They find a reason not to let you have time off.
Pros
salary
Cons
Moral is the worst, Management, lack of personal life
Good for a first job or student job
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 September 2018
Fun place to work and make friends. Although it can get cliquey (sp?)

Good place to work and lots of job variety if you show motivation and ask for extra training.

There isn't a lot of motivation to move up in the company as the pay isn't very good as you climb.
Pros
Free movies and popcorn, meet new people
Cons
Low to no raises, even if you've learned a new skill or job
was a good place for a beginning job
Customer Service Associate/ paint department (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB 186 st and stony plain road31 August 2018
was good for the most part, but hours were not really good for those with varying schedules, and was very hard to find people that were there to help or knew there store well.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
hard to find staff
Young Student treated unjust and was fired for no reason and without proper explanation
Receiver/ Stocker (Former Employee) –  Heart Lake, ON6 August 2018
I'm twenty years old, a student and a hard worker. I worked for Lowes for a month and a half. I was hired in June 2018 and was wrongfully dismissed in July 2018. I came into work every day on time and even worked overtime if the work wasn't finished or more work was needed to be done. I had mean supervisors in the receiving department who made me lift up heavy boxes that strained my back and wouldn't even assist me or help me in any way. I asked several times to get trained for the forklift so I could get the work done faster and more efficiently but they never trained me. I have the forklift license but it is not valid at lowes unless they train me and they lied to me and said they would train me and never did. Managment doesn't manage breaks properly and abuse their authority. you have supervisors and employees who have worked for a long time leave the building to go to Tim Hortons or for breakfast on their paid 15-minute breaks and usually take way longer than 15-minutes. Then for the new workers, they rush you to go on break and tell you that due to busy workflow and how fast you work you may not get a break. I have worked numerous shifts where I haven't gotten all my breaks and was used to do all the heavy lifting with no one to help support me. I've had supervisors and or co-workers make me feel uncomfortable by talking in a different language around me while laughing. Lastly, before I was dismissed my supervisor made me take out the garbage which was totally wrong. This wasn't work meant for a lowes associate to do but the garbage disposal company. Lastly, I am still  more... waiting for my last paycheck they said I would get all my money on my last paycheck but it didn't include everything.  less
Pros
Paid Breaks and good enough wage to raise a family
Cons
improper work settings, management treats employees like slaves
its a good place to work
Product Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 July 2018
the people are good and management treats you right. the salary could be better but the environment makes up for the wage. there are lots of opportunity to move forward
wonderful social events and perks
associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario25 July 2018
great social programs for families
very long hours of work
needs improvement like any other job
lengthy break hours is good to replenish
clean and tidy environment(multiple lunchrooms,washrooms)
Pros
good work and break hours
Big company, great benefits, inefficient
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Rocky View, AB11 July 2018
Overall good company to work for. Great benefits, good pay for the industry, but they operate with too few people and ask for way too much from those people. The company is operated very inefficiently and they use old, glitchy systems.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Not enough staff, hard work, inefficient
Might not get your break on time, learned a lot from more experienced staff, welcoming atmosphere especially from older co-workers.
Full-Time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 July 2018
A typical day at Lowe's can start at 6 a.m. and end at 11 p.m. So be prepared to be flexible and work shift work. Don't expect to get your break on time due to the fact that it is on a schedule and is followed by the head cashier. Only, this person can allow you to go on breaks.
If someone, phones in sick the schedule stays the same. The workplace culture is typical of any retail sales job. You, gossip about what everyone, is saying and doing. The hardest part of the job is trying to get along with everyone else. Having to learn about the different products in each department. What you are allowed to do and when you should be calling for department manager or supervisor. Also, having to clean up especially the washrooms after the store is closed. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are always busy, meeting people, you could have great staff to work with, wages a little higher than other retailers, helping people, promotion.
Pros
One hour lunch and two fifteen minutes break. Full benefits as a Part time employee.
Cons
low salary, difficulty to advance, can be demoted, fired easily, expected to meet sales target.
Good
Electrical Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 July 2018
good place to work part-time or for students. flexible hours and frindly staff. Service is great always fluctuated with customers situations and needs.
Good
Electrical Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 June 2018
Wasn't what i expected, mean and bossy staff, no open hours or any overtime was averaging 5 hours a week by the time i quit due to lack of proper hour management.
Fun Workplace due to staff
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 June 2018
The staff are amazing to work with. They laugh and have fun to enjoy themselves. The benefits are good. The customers are great though depending they can be tiring just like any customer service job.
Pros
Staff and long lunches
Cons
Too much change
Depends on the store.
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 May 2018
Overall, I wouldn't have stayed with this company if it was entirely bad. They do offer benefits (medical, dental, etc. - that you pay for), decent pay for the field, and some other bonuses - like discounts at specific other places. This company saw me through a LOT of life events.

Management and customer base make a big difference. One of the stores, most of the customers are so entitled and just nasty. Management just says "find a way to deal with it." That store is also so busy, you rarely get all of the breaks the company says you've earned in a workday.
Pros
decent pay & decent benefits
Cons
don't protect their employees from customer abuse.
Good retail environment.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 April 2018
Overall a good place to work. Hard work does not go unnoticed and as long as you aren't lazy you wont have many issues. Management does there best but are often overworked and stressed by irrelevant things as a result of demands from upper management. Lots of free staff lunches, events and fundraisers.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Understaffed

58.7K