Lowe's Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 128 reviews matching the search See all 31,044 reviews
Associates are helpful to each other, safety is a key, training is on going
Commercial Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON10 February 2019
Associates all work together to help each other making the work environment pleasant. Training is on going from safety, to each department within Lowe's. Benefits are available. Hours are flexible.
Pros
Cons
No issues
Can be an easy job but with frustrating management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 February 2019
Working as a Customer Service Associate at Lowe's can be easy enough and people who work there are mostly pleasant. HR is helpful and while you don't get paid more than minimum wage you do get paid extra for Civic holidays which I don't think is mandatory. Some departments are very understaffed and overworked, and some seemed like they never had anything to do.

The systems for requesting time off, scheduling, clocking in/out, etc., were all really well organized.

Management could be really petty and has a high turnover at this store. If you're under the age of 30 and call in sick (even just once) managers and other staff will complain and gossip. A constant game of gossiping about who thinks they do more work than others. Young staff don't seem to have as many opportunities for advancement and aren't taken very seriously. Not the best work environment because of staff attitudes, but it could be a lot worse.
Pros
Free food days, schedules far in advance
Cons
Negative environment, inconsistent management
Stressful Delivery Department
Daytime Delivery Guy (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON3 February 2019
At Lowes my job is to pull customer orders that my night counterpart always seems fail to do. It's difficult to pull the orders during the day with all the customers in the store, so that's why it's up to the night time guy to pull them. I ask daytime associates to help pull these orders but they complain and are lazy. My job should only be to answer phones or call customers saying their orders are ready nothing more as I don't get paid enough!!!
Pros
Health Benefits? For Full and Parttime only!
Cons
Low Retail Pay, Stress everyday, Mostly Selfish Co-Workers, Uncaring Management
its good working environment, you will learn a lot. but too much physical work
SALES SPECIALIST APPLAINCE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2019
lots of things to learn and gain experience. but too much physical work.
meet different poeple, learn new things about products, go for seminars. good benefits and you can have vacation on pay.
Pros
gain new knowledge
Cons
too much physical work
Great company
Flooring Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 December 2018
Beautiful company to work for
Great hours
Great leadership
Pow wow
okay place to work for
Lumber Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 December 2018
great staff an fun place to work only two issues i had were lack of saport an lack of willing to give 80 hours a week for full times employies. staff is willing to help all over the store.
Pros
lots of help
Cons
full time is not 80 hours a week
Wasn't a good experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ogdensburg, NY27 November 2018
Wasn't a good place to work as a cashier. If you like standing at a register for 4 yours this is the job for you. If you need more than 12 or 16 hours of work this isn't the place. Was promised over 20 hours a week, but only got 12. When I asked for more hours they said they had no more hours to give. Then they'd give more hours to somebody else who didn't want them. Had to give up the job as the 45 minute drive was costing me the whole pay check.
Fun workplace however managers want you working all the time and a small interaction with other employees is frowned upon
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 October 2018
This job is decent for people still in school, as the hours are flexible and they are willing to accommodate school schedule as well. Sometimes they will tell me to do so many different things all at once, which is really difficult especially if the store is busy and there are customers waiting for me to assist them. It can be stressful at times.
Pros
One hour lunch break, flexible hours
Cons
Bad environment
it's alright
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 October 2018
very busy, yet very understaffed. good summer job, a lot of hours. wouldn't recommend working during the fall/winter if looking for stable hours. demanding job.
Shift work
Kitchen Cabinet & Bathroom Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 October 2018
Good place to work, typical day is 8 hours and not a minute longer, management was good, I really enjoyed helping out the customer base they had their.
Cons
Hard work with good people
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 October 2018
My typical day was either 6:30 to 2:30 or 2 til 11 pm. I started in the store when it was a new build and the teamwork was fantastic. Most people worked very hard to do their best, and our department managers were exceptional people. The hardest part of the job was the concrete floors! Also breaks could get lost as it is difficult to walk away from a customer.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
hours
Lowes Cashier
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2018
Working as a cashier can be difficult. Alot of drama and cattiness amongst the cashiers. Company itself is flexible and work around your school schedule.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Short staffed
Not a fun place to work
Receiver/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 September 2018
You are just a number, more focused on the company then the staff. Not much room for pay increase and they pay minimal. Ok job if looking to get a pay check and just starting off.
Summer Job
Loader (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONT20 September 2018
The job was alright for a summer job. Made a pretty decent amount of money to pay for school and living expenses. Had a decent amount of hours per week, was very stressful but a good job.
Lots of opportunity to learn
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 September 2018
Good company to work for. Job can be stressful at times - too much to do and not enough time. Same as many other retail places. Lots of opportunities to learn. Most of the managers are great. Some are less stellar. Same for co-workers. Nice that they have benefits and a few other perks.
Pros
benefits and discounts
Cons
inconsistent schedule
Productive workplace with a friendly atmosphere
LUMBER SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON17 September 2018
Working as a sales associate in the lumber department, it was both physically and mentally demanding. The hours were good, and the staff was friendly and welcoming. At times the work can be tedious, but it is rewarding.
If you want a family life This place isn't for you
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 September 2018
I have been a full time associate with the company for a while. Full time employees are not allowed to have an availability. Weekends off are few and far between. Management is mostly distrustful, rude and show no empathy toward anyone. Booking time off and getting it approved is impossible. They find a reason not to let you have time off.
Pros
salary
Cons
Moral is the worst, Management, lack of personal life
Good for a first job or student job
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 September 2018
Fun place to work and make friends. Although it can get cliquey (sp?)

Good place to work and lots of job variety if you show motivation and ask for extra training.

There isn't a lot of motivation to move up in the company as the pay isn't very good as you climb.
Pros
Free movies and popcorn, meet new people
Cons
Low to no raises, even if you've learned a new skill or job
was a good place for a beginning job
Customer Service Associate/ paint department (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB 186 st and stony plain road31 August 2018
was good for the most part, but hours were not really good for those with varying schedules, and was very hard to find people that were there to help or knew there store well.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
hard to find staff
Young Student treated unjust and was fired for no reason and without proper explanation
Receiver/ Stocker (Former Employee) –  Heart Lake, ON6 August 2018
I'm twenty years old, a student and a hard worker. I worked for Lowes for a month and a half. I was hired in June 2018 and was wrongfully dismissed in July 2018. I came into work every day on time and even worked overtime if the work wasn't finished or more work was needed to be done. I had mean supervisors in the receiving department who made me lift up heavy boxes that strained my back and wouldn't even assist me or help me in any way. I asked several times to get trained for the forklift so I could get the work done faster and more efficiently but they never trained me. I have the forklift license but it is not valid at lowes unless they train me and they lied to me and said they would train me and never did. Managment doesn't manage breaks properly and abuse their authority. you have supervisors and employees who have worked for a long time leave the building to go to Tim Hortons or for breakfast on their paid 15-minute breaks and usually take way longer than 15-minutes. Then for the new workers, they rush you to go on break and tell you that due to busy workflow and how fast you work you may not get a break. I have worked numerous shifts where I haven't gotten all my breaks and was used to do all the heavy lifting with no one to help support me. I've had supervisors and or co-workers make me feel uncomfortable by talking in a different language around me while laughing. Lastly, before I was dismissed my supervisor made me take out the garbage which was totally wrong. This wasn't work meant for a lowes associate to do but the garbage disposal company. Lastly, I am still  more... waiting for my last paycheck they said I would get all my money on my last paycheck but it didn't include everything.  less
Pros
Paid Breaks and good enough wage to raise a family
Cons
improper work settings, management treats employees like slaves

59.1K