Play YouTube video button
Lowe's

Lowe's Pay & benefits reviews

Canada1,029 reviews
Featured review
Lowe's selected this as a representative review
I loved working at Lowe's. I enjoyed working conditions and the location where I was working, I had best colleagues. If I get a chance to work with the company again I would happily go back and serve. The best part everyone is treated equally in the company.
I was into an HR role and I can say that the policies were well established. Work-life balance is good. The benefits are good. Management is understanding. The only reason I left was that the position was eliminated.
The day shift here is incredibly lazy and their nightshift has to do everything in the store other than customer service and they only get minimum wage. Especially since all other night crews only have to stock shelves and they still only get minimum wage.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Horrible environment
Great place to work and people are easy to work with and if you had a problem people are there to help and benefits are great
Great company to work for
very accommodating and understanding in regards to life outside of work. very good relationship with mangers. decent amount of hours. good training and no judgement
Great place to work ...great benefits for both part time and. Full time ..met tons of people from other stores. Good environment... Felt confident in my job most of the time but if I needed help with things I felt I could reach out for help...I'm.on a disability and they provided me hrs and a place at the store to meet my needs so I would recommend them for anyone looking .foraa great job with benefits lots if hrs
Unless you are a full time (specialist) you dont get benefits. The hours are never constant, constantly working 7-8 day straights with one day off, then called in on your day off. If you have children this is not a place to work.
It was a good place to work, however, there weren't enough hours for me to live on, working part-time, about 12-16 hours a week. I would recommend it to someone who is just starting out in the job field and is still living at home and going to school.
Not a good enough pay to live off of especially with the low job security, but overall it is a consistent and enjoyable work environment and workload. Management is definitely not the best.
Pros
Benefits, Friendly Coworkers
Cons
Management, Lowe's stores constantly closing
+ :
Touche à beaucoup de chose

travail/famille

Belle collaboration

salaire (tech niv3)

- :

Trop de changement de personnels

charges de travail

salaires (tech niv1)
Poor work culture and management. No work-life balance and poor salary/wage for work being done. Employee appreciation is zero. On the other hand, a good learning experience
This is a Good opportunity for beginners , has a friendly environmental , respectful stuff
Team workers .
Good benefits plan . The management is peaceful and great .
boring and slow place to work. Management takes advantage of people who work hard and don't punish those who are lazy. If your a lazy worker you'll fit right in in their environement
Pros
employee discount
Cons
terrible hours, long days(mandatory unpaid hour lunch)
Good management who are willing to provide fair compensation for a good worker. Typically a fast paced environment with a variety of working conditions and tasks.
Not an establishment I’d recommend individuals work for. High stress, uneven workload with no form of thanks from a management “leaders”. Decent benefits after 3 months, but that’s the only plus.
Retail environment - sales, stocking - shift work. Competitive wages and benefits. Good place to work.
Love the customers and the people I work with.
Management was brought in from other stores, all 3 to 5 years experience, doesn't take long to move up if you want to stick around, I was part time and got a whole bunch of 7 to 11pm shifts, about 20 hours a week they promise you, and don't really care how you live of that, cut hours frequently, short staffed, bad reviews and they think cutting peoples hours will boost moral and performance :) But the real reason I write this today is because they filed one t4 on time in february, and another one 3 months later after tax season closed,This is illegal as an employer,, They must be in by the end of february, so I got reasessed and charged $600 for not providing the correct number on my taxes, pretty hard to count for that accountant i guess, or maybe with the paying minimum wages that's what you get for an accountant, If you do work here, keep your pay stubs, count them all up and make sure your employer can count too,, might cost you alot of money 2 years down the road, Thanks lowes, Worst company I ever worked for.
Temporary job that was relaxed and slow-paced. Staff was provided with training and given a choice of where to work in the store. Management was usually not present in the garden centre. Training could have been improved if it was more job specific. Great job to keep active and enjoy the summer weather. Minimum Salary.
The managers put work loads on employees who don't know how to complete them, then refuse to help the employee when they ask for help.
The workplace is at a constant standstill due to the managers using people from other departments for random labor leaving customers to fend for them selves when looking for product. Employees who work hard and do everything that is asked of them and more don't even get a simple thank you from the managers.
Some of the veteran workers not getting pay raises or possible getting shifts cut due to favoritism and neglect.
I like working at Lowe's Canada. The monetary compensation could be a bit more. The work culture is nice; teams work together and information flow is good.
Pros
Subsidized cafeteria
Cons
Long commute from the island of Montreal
Great company to work for wages is good excellent benefits and you always feel you are a family there’s always room for growth and you can always excel