Lowe's Employee Reviews for Sales Specialist

Very bad environment hostile and negative
Plumbing Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 February 2018
Not a very stable place with terrible leadership and even worse support system. Nevertheless provided the tools or support to be successful in your position. Very strict set of rules to follow
stylish kitchen designing with matching counter colors
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 November 2017
it was enjoyable shift time dealing with different customers demands & cultures providing best services and product knowledge supported by management.
some staff were great to work with while others sat around and did nothing with the ok of management
Sales specialist ( seasonal ) (Former Employee) –  Calgary10 August 2017
loved working in a clean environment, the job was good, management has their favorites and their is lots of gossiping between management to staff and staff to management. which was the hardest part of the job. the best part is most of the staff.
Pros
free lunch every now and again
Cons
favoritism from managemnet
Great job
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB1 August 2017
This place was amazing to work for the people are very friendly when i did work here in 2010-2013 loved the atmosphere management helps you when yeah need it most will take a bit of time to get there but they will help you eventually.
Pros
events investments plans great people
Cons
organizational skills
bad management
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON22 July 2017
toxic work environment. management treats employees awful and the shifts are terrible. I was harassed and nothing was done about it. I asked about my shifts and they retaliated by making fake write ups.
Home Depot is way better than Lowe's
Kitchen Cabinets Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
Worked for 4 years, Very experience with store manager but assistant managers were supportive however terrible coverage on the floor for breaks and lunches. sometimes neighbor department colleagues go for lunch and breaks for ever and you are forced to watch 2 to 3 departments by your self leaving you stressed and frustrated. No room for advancement if you are not store manager's favourite.
Pros
ok salary
Cons
Bad management
Sales Specialist - Plumbing (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 June 2017
A great place to work. I was a vendor for many years and decided to work for the customer. I was looking for a great team environment and found what I was looking for at Lowe's
Very fast pace environment with benefits
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 March 2017
- Very High Chances of growth as a growing company
- Fast pace and competitive environment
- Professional workplace
- Management needs more training though
Great Job for me
Sales Specialist, Lumber, Receiving & Floater (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2017
I started off as a part-time unloader and quickly became full-time. I got so familiar with each department and stock items that I eventually became the stores floater (position doesn't exist)
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Laid off due to lack of sales
unsupportive
Sales Specialist Kitchen cabinets (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC22 December 2016
Recruited for one position and hired, reluctantly for another that they wanted to 'try' out. It was a design position that I have no experience in and told them so
Pros
very good team members
Cons
poor position support
na
Estimator & Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2016
crazy schedule, good management, a lot to learn about the department and retail environment, lot of physical work, na na na na na
Fast paced, interesting, and devolopmental workplace
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 February 2016
I enjoy working with people. A typical day at work is customer service, sales and doing follow ups. My Co workers and management team are supportive and informative. the hardest part of the job is that there is not enough time in the day. The day goes by way too fast.
benefits
Cons
not enough time in the day
Rewarding workplace
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 January 2016
Enjoyed the atmosphere but wasn't very stimulating and very repetitive tasking, overall good place to work just not in the long run.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management could be improved
Sales Specialist (Kitchens) (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC5 August 2015
Overall great place to work with fun staff and great job culture. Lots of room for advancement within the company. I enjoyed my position what what I had to do on a daily basis and had fun while doing my job.
Lowes
Electrical & Plumbing Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  edmonton manning5 May 2015
Lowes i what you expect tons of costomers and overwhelming at times but really frustrating when managers cant hold there own i helped building the place. I enjoyed it at times but had to move on
Horrible management
Plumbing Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 April 2015
Overall not a good place to work, co-workers all unhappy with job, moral is low in store and management is nonexistent, as store managers and assistant store managers fail to help employees with simple tasks when needed, or to help with customer conflict. Hardest part of the job was having a lack of employees to help on the sales floor, and lack of support from upper management.
Its not bad
Sales Specialist Plumbing (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 March 2015
Working for Lowes will become your life. Crazy Schedules but the people are fun. Pay isn't to bad but the turn around is huge.
Pros
Cons
pay
Good place for entry level employee
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON14 October 2014
This was a great place to work and a typical day was assisting commercial customer with their needs and requirements for their own business project. Great co-workers for the most part and enjoyed working with them as I am a team player. The hardest pasrt of the job was being unable to satisfy all the needs of my customers because of lack of comittment from other employees and management. The best part of the job was seeing a satified customer leave the store because of the passion I had for customer service.
Pros
Good co - workers
Cons
management issues
Great Company
Plumbing Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton30 September 2013
Great Company, the associates become family aswell as co workers
Pros
value knowledge
Cons
Boring work environment with no clear cut career growth .
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 March 2013
Most ASM's and Store Mgrs are all running the stores in street wise manner as such , the Management style sucks !
Cons
very unpredictable hours, with no job security !