Lowe's Employee Reviews for Sales Specialist

Very nice company and staff
Sales Specialist Appliances (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK20 April 2018
Very nice company and staff, super helpful and patient, Lowes offers the best services to impact customers. There are some parts needing to be improved such as receiving and delivery and sometimes long lead time after placing an order, but overall, it's a very good working environment for people who wants to work in retail.
Pros
Paid Training, Health insurance, holiday and sick hours.
Fun workplace which offers variety and a space to meet and help new great people in the world.
Cabinet Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON28 March 2018
It is a nice place to work, it's social and it has a lot of variety. I like that I get to meet new people and help people every day. I have been there for 8 years and our management pretty much leaves us to do what we know how to do which is great. We have a good team that is helpful, and there is always something to do.
Pros
Variety
Cons
Long hours, Wearing heavy work shoes
Not too bad
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  SHERWOOD PARK AB12 March 2018
Started when store was being built.. Hard work but was able to get a fair bit of exercise. Lots of standing . Tried to transfer to red deer store but they did not hire me as I took approved/ un paid time off.
Pros
Retail pay was higher than competitors
Cons
Standing most of the time
Very bad environment hostile and negative
Plumbing Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 February 2018
Not a very stable place with terrible leadership and even worse support system. Nevertheless provided the tools or support to be successful in your position. Very strict set of rules to follow
Sales Oriented
Appliance Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON31 January 2018
I would typically come to the floor and check all my orders making sure everything was ready and up to date. After that i can start helping out customers on the sales floor with any questions or inquiries they had on appliances. Then hopefully closing the sale. The most enjoyable part was closing a big sale and successfully up-selling.
Pros
lots of sales experience
Cons
stylish kitchen designing with matching counter colors
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 November 2017
it was enjoyable shift time dealing with different customers demands & cultures providing best services and product knowledge supported by management.
Sales Specialist - Plumbing (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON29 August 2017
Good place to work, I like it here. I am paid well and live 4 km from the store. Training is very good and compensation is fair. Don't know about the benefits yet. Will know next month
some staff were great to work with while others sat around and did nothing with the ok of management
Sales specialist ( seasonal ) (Former Employee) –  Calgary10 August 2017
loved working in a clean environment, the job was good, management has their favorites and their is lots of gossiping between management to staff and staff to management. which was the hardest part of the job. the best part is most of the staff.
Pros
free lunch every now and again
Cons
favoritism from managemnet
Great job
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB1 August 2017
This place was amazing to work for the people are very friendly when i did work here in 2010-2013 loved the atmosphere management helps you when yeah need it most will take a bit of time to get there but they will help you eventually.
Pros
events investments plans great people
Cons
organizational skills
bad management
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON22 July 2017
toxic work environment. management treats employees awful and the shifts are terrible. I was harassed and nothing was done about it. I asked about my shifts and they retaliated by making fake write ups.

Want to know more about Lowe's?

Ask a question
Better than Walmart
Plumbing Sales Specialist Full Time (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 July 2017
There is no training other the on the job, meaning you need to learn quickly and without much interaction with other associates. There doesn't seem to be a lot of long term associates working for the company the max would be 4-5 years
the shifts are 9 hours with one hour lunches.
IMPACT is their company go to for sales and customer service
They use a dos based point of sale
The assistant managers are always hidden in the office the DM seem to pretty much run the store.

all management jobs are done internally
Pros
lots of contests
Cons
No training
Home Depot is way better than Lowe's
Kitchen Cabinets Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
Worked for 4 years, Very experience with store manager but assistant managers were supportive however terrible coverage on the floor for breaks and lunches. sometimes neighbor department colleagues go for lunch and breaks for ever and you are forced to watch 2 to 3 departments by your self leaving you stressed and frustrated. No room for advancement if you are not store manager's favourite.
Pros
ok salary
Cons
Bad management
Sales Specialist - Plumbing (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 June 2017
A great place to work. I was a vendor for many years and decided to work for the customer. I was looking for a great team environment and found what I was looking for at Lowe's
Very fast pace environment with benefits
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 March 2017
- Very High Chances of growth as a growing company
- Fast pace and competitive environment
- Professional workplace
- Management needs more training though
Great Job for me
Sales Specialist, Lumber, Receiving & Floater (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2017
I started off as a part-time unloader and quickly became full-time. I got so familiar with each department and stock items that I eventually became the stores floater (position doesn't exist)
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Laid off due to lack of sales
good place to work
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC31 January 2017
good place to work but no job guarantee and not managed well.they really need to work on their scheduling. but the co-workers are very good. they have a bad reputation of firing people.
Cons
scheduling not done well
unsupportive
Sales Specialist Kitchen cabinets (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC22 December 2016
Recruited for one position and hired, reluctantly for another that they wanted to 'try' out. It was a design position that I have no experience in and told them so
Pros
very good team members
Cons
poor position support
na
Estimator & Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2016
crazy schedule, good management, a lot to learn about the department and retail environment, lot of physical work, na na na na na
Fast paced, interesting, and devolopmental workplace
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 February 2016
I enjoy working with people. A typical day at work is customer service, sales and doing follow ups. My Co workers and management team are supportive and informative. the hardest part of the job is that there is not enough time in the day. The day goes by way too fast.
benefits
Cons
not enough time in the day
Rewarding workplace
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 January 2016
Enjoyed the atmosphere but wasn't very stimulating and very repetitive tasking, overall good place to work just not in the long run.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management could be improved

57.8K