Lowe's Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

My experience at Lowes
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC22 July 2018
I got to say, working at Lowes is a fun experience. I learn so many stuff about how the store operates. I work from 8 am to 2 pm 5 days a week. I'm a customer service at garden centre. My responsibilities include watering plants, provide knowledge about the plants, and customer service. Hardest part is to memorize over 500 species of plants and their function. The best part is coworkers. They are fun and enjoyable. I even have a fun time with my Assistant Store Manager.
Pros
Lots of break time. 2 x 15 minute break and one hour lunch break
Cons
Organize with product and customers
Sarnia Lowes Store
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON6 July 2018
I reviewed Lowe's of Sarnia quite a while ago and see it wasn't posted, Guess they don't want the truth to be out there . If you want to work for a store that management cares less about you and you are treated poorly than by all means apply. I worked there for a grueling 2 years and hated every second of it. Every thursday corporate would come down and walk people.Worse place I ever worked at.
Pros
Going Home
Cons
Going in to work
Mediocre, Opportunity for sales
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 July 2018
Lots of tasking, very easy to keep busy
Fast paced work environment
Big company feeling with lots of policies
Decent opportunity to improve sales skills
Good at learning new skills
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 June 2018
Lowe's is a hard place to work for. People are quitting faster than they can hire and having limited staff can be very complicated. I have made a lot of new friends there and everyone is nice. Being in retail, you will always get fustrating and difficult customers. The manage isn't the best as they don't always see the biggest problems.
Enjoyable place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 June 2018
Enjoyable place to work, productive employees for the most part although the hours were absolutely horrendous.
The management will go above and beyond to make sure you're happy and everything is going well in your work day.
very accomodating and top notch
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 June 2018
the customer service is 100% as you have to make sure customers are satisfied and their satisfaction is key and part of the motto for the company. the work ethic is conducive and it helps grow in different department
Fun place to work
Receiving / Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 May 2018
I enjoy working at Lowes Canada, since I know many of the departments and I enjoy home improvement. I learnt a wide variety of things from different light fixtures to what certain machines are typically used for. The hardest part of my job was the heavy lifting required at times.
Good management, poor tools to succeed.
Customer Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 May 2018
Management puts in conscious effort to create positive corporate culture. Under staffing, high turn-over, antiquated inventory software (DOS) and stringent safety requirements, make for impossible performance expectations.
Pros
Goof effort by management to infuse positive work environment.
Cons
Difficult staff retention, high performance expectations amid low available resources.
Fun place to work and learn new skills
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 April 2018
Enjoy the people I work with. Always room to advance in the store (different department/role). Training to drive power equipment (forklift, raymond reach, order picker).
Good retail environment.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 April 2018
Overall a good place to work. Hard work does not go unnoticed and as long as you aren't lazy you wont have many issues. Management does there best but are often overworked and stressed by irrelevant things as a result of demands from upper management. Lots of free staff lunches, events and fundraisers.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Understaffed
Great Environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON26 April 2018
I worked in the garden centre helping to water plants, clean aisles, organize, print and place shelving price stickers for product. It was a great environment never boring and there was always something to do.
Management had reasonable expectations
Outside Lawn and Garden Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 April 2018
Often hard work, management had reasonable expectations of new employees, did a lot of manual labor which many didn't like but I felt it was reasonable to expect.
Multiple staff lunches celebrating many workers events
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 March 2018
Anytime it was a staffs birthday, or celebrating annual accomplishments, there was always food in the lunch room. However, you always worked longer hours than scheduled, with absolutely no added benefits
To work where people love their work environment, and they are calm, stress-free and happy all day long.
Customer Service Associate Windows and Walls (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 March 2018
Typical day work.

What your learned.
I learned how to operate Levolor blind cut machine and measure interior and exterior windows. Also use Genesis application, create a quote and Special Order for custom.

Work place culture.
Very respectful and do an excellent customer services and work safety.

Hardest part of the job.
I general; no complaints.

The most enjoyable part of the job.

To work with coworker and do cut blinds and learn new things.
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  RIchmond, IN6 March 2018
Lowe's was a great place to get my career started in Customer Service. I interacted with the leadership team and with the customers daily. The company recognized its loyal customers.
Great Place to work
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario27 February 2018
I have worked at Lowes on and off for about 2 years, and I enjoy working there, the company has great morals and they treat their employees awesome.
I love the friends that I have made and the management has been great
Dont work here
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC27 February 2018
This place is a joke and i do not recommend working here. your lucky if you get benefits. Management is so bad. They bully people, especially hr and managemnt.
Lots of hours
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 February 2018
Management was very bad never enough people working in any department which leads to an overwhelming amount of preventable issues. a typical day as a cashier doesn't involve many things other than cashing in and out people. a typical day at the customer service desk involves returns, price matches, van rentals, delivery dates, online pickups, as well as general customer inquiries and issues. the hardest part of the job for me was the hours they gave 44 hours a week but not including breaks it comes to 40 hours I was paid as part-time staff and didn't get any benefits. the scheduling is not very flexible ex 10-7 12-9 etc. overall the job itself is doable they train you as a cashier but don't train you at the customer service desk they just throw you in.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
long hours usually 9 hour shifts
Better then other places
CSA (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 January 2018
Lowes offers a lot more opportunity for advancement, IF, your store has openings and IF your managers like you more then other people.
It was alright place to work, my co workers are what made it worth it. Management took out their stress on staff and they paid the price later when staff quit.Its another retail job, not much different then Home Depot, other then a few more opportunities really. They were flexible with schedules which was nice, but a lot of the time it wasn't worth the stress and pain of working there. They ask too much of staff for what they pay most of them.
Pros
Flexible, pay raises
Cons
Poor management, lack of professionalism
Productive environment nice and friendly
Commercial Loader/Customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Steeles and kennedy, ON23 January 2018
Having recently migrated to Canada this was my first job and so far i can honestly say the best work environment I've been in so far. The team i worked with was awesome
Pros
nice team to work with
Cons
disrespectful customers

58.3K