Lowe's Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Productive environment nice and friendly
Commercial Loader/Customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Steeles and kennedy, ON23 January 2018
Having recently migrated to Canada this was my first job and so far i can honestly say the best work environment I've been in so far. The team i worked with was awesome
Pros
nice team to work with
Cons
disrespectful customers
Fun and exciting workplace with a great environment
customer service (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 January 2018
Lowes was a fun place to work. The people I worked with were for the most part kind, fun and worked hard. The management team cared deeply for their staff and did whatever they good to maintain a healthy work environment.
Upbeat place to work
Customer Service Associate/Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON17 January 2018
Best staff to work with. Upbeat friendly environment. Great support and encouragement. Fun atmosphere. Great opportunities to troubleshoot, learn and grow. Love the challenges, and feeling of accomplishment.
Pros
Pay, friendly environment, great staffing.
Cons
changing shifts too often, going from days, to afternoons to nights in the same week.
Could be better
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Maple, ON19 December 2017
I only look forward to going to work for the people.
The job itself is okay, its not the greatest for the pay.
Management treats you like a number that can be replaced, they give the weak workers chance after chance but give the hard workers a difficult time for small errors.
They'll ask you to do a lot of favours for them but when it comes down to you asking for a favour, its like the world is going to end for them.
Sometimes, you just have to wonder why management keep certain people around even though they've been pretty much useless.
All in all, its a "JOB" just over broke, and not a career.
It pays for bills and school and thats pretty much it.
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
Great company to work for
PT - CSA, Home Decor (paint, windows & walls) (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON18 December 2017
Difficult hourly scheduling, 05:00 - 23:00 open. Clean and friendly working conditions. Good training for product knowledge. Would definitely consider returning to work for this company.
Best work environment with very friendly coworkers and best management.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON10 December 2017
Lowe's Home Improvement store in Cambridge is one of the best place a person can work for, with cooperative workers and supporting managers. The store has very nice working environment.
Unhappy
Customer Service Associate Lumber (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 December 2017
they expect you to do every thing even when their are not enough people to do the work

they Lie to me about job advancements

they fire good hard working people for speaking up about bad work conditions

given terrible shifts, I am working morning, mid, and closing shifts all in one week and closing one night and opening the next with only 8 hours between shifts
Pros
Cons
too many
Productive and also fun
Specialist Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 October 2017
Awesome place to learn. The manager, assistant manager and the store manager are all awesome. They will take the time to hear from you and they are really understanding.
The worst job I’ve ever had
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON1 October 2017
After forty one years in the work force, the nine that I spent working here were the worst!

Of the six Store Managers only one saw the true potential in employees and treated them accordingly and with some semblance of respect. The other five as well as all of the senior management team over the years can only be summed up as; condescending, disrespectful and most of all incompetent!!! These people only advance employees that will be loyal to covering their incompetence and not based on their skills and merits to actually do the job properly. The proof is revealed when these employees are transferred to another store and are found indeed to be incompetent and let go!

For nine years I was proficient and impeccable at my job. I had never been “written up” and maintained outstanding customer service. I even helped with my department manager’s cycle counts, negative on hand reports etc. when asked and performed them competently. However, when I applied for a department manager position or any other position, I was always told that I lacked the pertinent skills. Ironically the candidates that ended up getting the position in most cases really did lack the pertinent skills! There is so much more that if went on I could fill volumes with it. I don’t know if head office is aware of these things or not but, Lowes lost a valuable employee (and possibly many others) due to this type of conduct.
Fast paced and personable environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 September 2017
This is a very team oriented workplace and the pace is quick. Time absolutely flies while working. Training is a priority and opportunities are numerous.
very good working environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2017
Learning opportunities in different department that is helpful for the customer support and to apply in our practical life. lots of varieties of products are available.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
less hours
Lowes
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON22 September 2017
Lowe's Canada is an amazing place to work at. I am just looking for a secure full time job at the moment. Ive asked plenty of times but no position in my store are available, but this has so far been the best job yet!!
Pros
flexible hours, very friendly staff.
Cons
sometimes its not busy in here and theres not to much to do.
Productive and fun place
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 September 2017
Productive and fun place to work
Good Environment
Job Description:
~ Support store management to facilitate the completion of all store
level tasks through agility, physical strength, use of PPE, stamina,
visual acuity, proper lifting techniques, hand-eye coordination,
climbing, manual dexterity in different working conditions.
~ Replenish products and supplies to ensure stock availability and
display at all times
~ Update store management regarding customer requests and vendor
related concerns, processing customer sales and orders using cash
~ Maintain safe and secure working environment on the sales floor
and assisting store patrons with exceptional customer service.
Lowes is a really fun working place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 September 2017
I love to do work at Lowes because my coworkers are really helpful and i love to interact with customers.
work environment is really cool
working for various departments is a fun job and i learned new things everyday
Pros
free lunch on festivals
Cons
less working hours
Great Team Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 September 2017
A great team atmosphere. Its like working for a family. Lots of helpful co-workers and great management team. They go above and beyond to make sure the employees are happy and taken care of.
Great work atmosphere
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 August 2017
Had a great time at Lowes! Management was awesome they treated everyone like kings. Felt at home great place to work for anyone looking for a sales/cashier position.
Pros
long lunches and fun staff
Cons
long hours for part time
Productive and interesting workplace

Management:
- Fun, easy going

Workplace culture:
- Relaxed but customer focused
Pros
Staff events
Cons
Full time availability
Made good friends out of coworkers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC11 August 2017
i'll miss the people but management needs work and they talked lots of me getting to stay at the beginning but obviously that didn't happen. was really hoping to move departments but instead got laid off after my contract ended.
Good environment for people looking to learn new things.
Lumber & building materials CSA (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 August 2017
Great place to work with good management. Only thing difficult for me was having to work shifts starting at five am or ending at eleven pm. Great management that would help with any issue.
Accommodating and rewarding
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2017
Lowes has given me many things to appreciate and i fell that from any place ive worked ive been accommodated the best here. typically i think that dally life is quite packed with eventful experiences.

56.9K