Lowe's Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 138 reviews matching the search See all 29,551 reviews
Productive & Helpful Workplace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 November 2018
-The management was very supportive
-The most enjoyable part of working at this establishment was working in productive and supportive groups of people and learning different skill sets from the individuals present
Good Summer Job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2018
It is a good job to have for the summer. Helps work on people skills and geting you more in tune with the working world. Good teacher for patience. Would recommend for a first or second job.
Job isnt good at all. Most Associates are nice but not Management
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON29 October 2018
I worked here for a couple years now. The place seems to get worse every month I was there.

Management are very sour people and not fun to get along with or friendly. No matter the associate they always blame the people underneath them and don't take any blame. Its not just the current ones, managers change all the time and they are all the same.

There was no useful training I got out of it to take to other jobs or even use working there. They are really by the book and not positively.

One of the worst things to is that there is such a high turnover rate in this store. Management would trade you for a used toilet.

I would never recommend working for Lowe's and especially at this location. Terrible terrible place.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, Terrible pay, Terrible managment
Fun workplace however managers want you working all the time and a small interaction with other employees is frowned upon
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 October 2018
This job is decent for people still in school, as the hours are flexible and they are willing to accommodate school schedule as well. Sometimes they will tell me to do so many different things all at once, which is really difficult especially if the store is busy and there are customers waiting for me to assist them. It can be stressful at times.
Pros
One hour lunch break, flexible hours
Cons
Bad environment
it's alright
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 October 2018
very busy, yet very understaffed. good summer job, a lot of hours. wouldn't recommend working during the fall/winter if looking for stable hours. demanding job.
Decent Temporary / Summer Job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON22 October 2018
Work at Lowes is interesting and meaningful depending on the department you are placed in. Some departments have more tasks to do which keep you busy or not. If you are experienced in a certain are you may be placed in an department that aligns with your knowledge, but is not necessarily.

A good job for student in the summer. Hard work and working with customers is usually fun and easy.
Pros
You can find good deals easily, customer interaction
Cons
Can become highly repetitive
Fun workplace, employees, with hard work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 October 2018
My typical day started off with me signing in and starting my shift. I would usually check my emails to see if there are any tasks that need to be attended to, but most of my work consisted of helping customers, keeping my department clean and doing what any Assistant store manager needed. I learned a lot about the products in my department, which can always be useful to share to friends and family.

My one complaint about the job is the extremely heavy burdens on your body, especially in some departments. Once I obtained my order picker licensed, trying to move products from top stock that weigh 200+ pounds and are stacked under several other 200+ pound products is no easy task, especially when sometimes the product is so large, that it can barely fit on the machine itself.

Overall I enjoyed my time at Lowe's, it was an excellent place to work at, but also with hard work, specifically when having to retrieve products for costumers that weigh more than me.
Pros
Good hours, good management, fun environment
Cons
Heavy product lifting
Lowes review summary
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 September 2018
Lowes is a large cooperation that treats their customers with respect and please their needs. A typical day at Lowes is clocking in, and walking to my proper cashier area and checking customers out and getting them, and to have a nice day. I learned that they are prioritize customers. The management is rude and unorganized as well, they do not give you notice for when they switch your shifts. The workplace is the same, most of the employees speak negatively about other employees and that is not a good work environment. The hardest part of the job was having time with school to take days off with a month notice and getting refused those days. The most enjoyable part of the working at Lowes was probably getting to know the customers that came in.
Pros
The friendly customers
Cons
The management
Lots of opportunity to learn
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 September 2018
Good company to work for. Job can be stressful at times - too much to do and not enough time. Same as many other retail places. Lots of opportunities to learn. Most of the managers are great. Some are less stellar. Same for co-workers. Nice that they have benefits and a few other perks.
Pros
benefits and discounts
Cons
inconsistent schedule
Can be a fast paced operation at times.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 September 2018
Working with the public directly is definitely a good life lesson. People are so different in so many ways and being able to learn and adapt to peoples individual needs is a pleasure as well as a curse.

Being a large corporate outlet, management tries to identify with employees but in some instances the corporate culture overburdens the process.

The hardest part of working at Lowe's is the physical demands put on the employees by the tasks of selling lumber and building materials. Even though power equipment is available, it cannot always be employed.

People are the most enjoyable part of working at Lowe's. From the customer to the coworker, being around the people can always bring a smile.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Demanding physical work
was a good place for a beginning job
Customer Service Associate/ paint department (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB 186 st and stony plain road31 August 2018
was good for the most part, but hours were not really good for those with varying schedules, and was very hard to find people that were there to help or knew there store well.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
hard to find staff
very physical job but fun.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 August 2018
I love everything about Lowe’s except scheduling. Your availability has to be 5 am- 11 pm everyday. Lots of closing and opening at the next day, you won’t get enough rest. One day work as opening the next mid or closing. Once an while you get weekend off.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
Bad management
My experience at Lowes
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC22 July 2018
I got to say, working at Lowes is a fun experience. I learn so many stuff about how the store operates. I work from 8 am to 2 pm 5 days a week. I'm a customer service at garden centre. My responsibilities include watering plants, provide knowledge about the plants, and customer service. Hardest part is to memorize over 500 species of plants and their function. The best part is coworkers. They are fun and enjoyable. I even have a fun time with my Assistant Store Manager.
Pros
Lots of break time. 2 x 15 minute break and one hour lunch break
Cons
Organize with product and customers
Sarnia Lowes Store
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON6 July 2018
I reviewed Lowe's of Sarnia quite a while ago and see it wasn't posted, Guess they don't want the truth to be out there . If you want to work for a store that management cares less about you and you are treated poorly than by all means apply. I worked there for a grueling 2 years and hated every second of it. Every thursday corporate would come down and walk people.Worse place I ever worked at.
Pros
Going Home
Cons
Going in to work
It's a fun place to work but no job security
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 July 2018
There are awesome and fun workers at Lowe's which make you enjoy your job there but the job security is low. The managers are kind of strict to work with.
Mediocre, Opportunity for sales
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 July 2018
Lots of tasking, very easy to keep busy
Fast paced work environment
Big company feeling with lots of policies
Decent opportunity to improve sales skills
Good at learning new skills
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 June 2018
Lowe's is a hard place to work for. People are quitting faster than they can hire and having limited staff can be very complicated. I have made a lot of new friends there and everyone is nice. Being in retail, you will always get fustrating and difficult customers. The manage isn't the best as they don't always see the biggest problems.
Enjoyable place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 June 2018
Enjoyable place to work, productive employees for the most part although the hours were absolutely horrendous.
The management will go above and beyond to make sure you're happy and everything is going well in your work day.
very accomodating and top notch
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 June 2018
the customer service is 100% as you have to make sure customers are satisfied and their satisfaction is key and part of the motto for the company. the work ethic is conducive and it helps grow in different department
Fun place to work
Receiving / Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 May 2018
I enjoy working at Lowes Canada, since I know many of the departments and I enjoy home improvement. I learnt a wide variety of things from different light fixtures to what certain machines are typically used for. The hardest part of my job was the heavy lifting required at times.

58.7K