Lowe's Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Fun place to work
Receiving / Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 May 2018
I enjoy working at Lowes Canada, since I know many of the departments and I enjoy home improvement. I learnt a wide variety of things from different light fixtures to what certain machines are typically used for. The hardest part of my job was the heavy lifting required at times.
Fun place to work and learn new skills
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 April 2018
Enjoy the people I work with. Always room to advance in the store (different department/role). Training to drive power equipment (forklift, raymond reach, order picker).
Good retail environment.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 April 2018
Overall a good place to work. Hard work does not go unnoticed and as long as you aren't lazy you wont have many issues. Management does there best but are often overworked and stressed by irrelevant things as a result of demands from upper management. Lots of free staff lunches, events and fundraisers.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Understaffed
Great Environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON26 April 2018
I worked in the garden centre helping to water plants, clean aisles, organize, print and place shelving price stickers for product. It was a great environment never boring and there was always something to do.
Management had reasonable expectations
Outside Lawn and Garden Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 April 2018
Often hard work, management had reasonable expectations of new employees, did a lot of manual labor which many didn't like but I felt it was reasonable to expect.
Multiple staff lunches celebrating many workers events
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 March 2018
Anytime it was a staffs birthday, or celebrating annual accomplishments, there was always food in the lunch room. However, you always worked longer hours than scheduled, with absolutely no added benefits
To work where people love their work environment, and they are calm, stress-free and happy all day long.
Customer Service Associate Windows and Walls (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 March 2018
Typical day work.

What your learned.
I learned how to operate Levolor blind cut machine and measure interior and exterior windows. Also use Genesis application, create a quote and Special Order for custom.

Work place culture.
Very respectful and do an excellent customer services and work safety.

Hardest part of the job.
I general; no complaints.

The most enjoyable part of the job.

To work with coworker and do cut blinds and learn new things.
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  RIchmond, IN6 March 2018
Lowe's was a great place to get my career started in Customer Service. I interacted with the leadership team and with the customers daily. The company recognized its loyal customers.
Great Place to work
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario27 February 2018
I have worked at Lowes on and off for about 2 years, and I enjoy working there, the company has great morals and they treat their employees awesome.
I love the friends that I have made and the management has been great
Dont work here
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC27 February 2018
This place is a joke and i do not recommend working here. your lucky if you get benefits. Management is so bad. They bully people, especially hr and managemnt.
Lots of hours
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 February 2018
Management was very bad never enough people working in any department which leads to an overwhelming amount of preventable issues. a typical day as a cashier doesn't involve many things other than cashing in and out people. a typical day at the customer service desk involves returns, price matches, van rentals, delivery dates, online pickups, as well as general customer inquiries and issues. the hardest part of the job for me was the hours they gave 44 hours a week but not including breaks it comes to 40 hours I was paid as part-time staff and didn't get any benefits. the scheduling is not very flexible ex 10-7 12-9 etc. overall the job itself is doable they train you as a cashier but don't train you at the customer service desk they just throw you in.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
long hours usually 9 hour shifts
Better then other places
CSA (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 January 2018
Lowes offers a lot more opportunity for advancement, IF, your store has openings and IF your managers like you more then other people.
It was alright place to work, my co workers are what made it worth it. Management took out their stress on staff and they paid the price later when staff quit.Its another retail job, not much different then Home Depot, other then a few more opportunities really. They were flexible with schedules which was nice, but a lot of the time it wasn't worth the stress and pain of working there. They ask too much of staff for what they pay most of them.
Pros
Flexible, pay raises
Cons
Poor management, lack of professionalism
Productive environment nice and friendly
Commercial Loader/Customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Steeles and kennedy, ON23 January 2018
Having recently migrated to Canada this was my first job and so far i can honestly say the best work environment I've been in so far. The team i worked with was awesome
Pros
nice team to work with
Cons
disrespectful customers
Fun and exciting workplace with a great environment
customer service (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 January 2018
Lowes was a fun place to work. The people I worked with were for the most part kind, fun and worked hard. The management team cared deeply for their staff and did whatever they good to maintain a healthy work environment.
Upbeat place to work
Customer Service Associate/Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON17 January 2018
Best staff to work with. Upbeat friendly environment. Great support and encouragement. Fun atmosphere. Great opportunities to troubleshoot, learn and grow. Love the challenges, and feeling of accomplishment.
Pros
Pay, friendly environment, great staffing.
Cons
changing shifts too often, going from days, to afternoons to nights in the same week.
Could be better
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Maple, ON19 December 2017
I only look forward to going to work for the people.
The job itself is okay, its not the greatest for the pay.
Management treats you like a number that can be replaced, they give the weak workers chance after chance but give the hard workers a difficult time for small errors.
They'll ask you to do a lot of favours for them but when it comes down to you asking for a favour, its like the world is going to end for them.
Sometimes, you just have to wonder why management keep certain people around even though they've been pretty much useless.
All in all, its a "JOB" just over broke, and not a career.
It pays for bills and school and thats pretty much it.
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
Great company to work for
PT - CSA, Home Decor (paint, windows & walls) (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON18 December 2017
Difficult hourly scheduling, 05:00 - 23:00 open. Clean and friendly working conditions. Good training for product knowledge. Would definitely consider returning to work for this company.
Best work environment with very friendly coworkers and best management.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON10 December 2017
Lowe's Home Improvement store in Cambridge is one of the best place a person can work for, with cooperative workers and supporting managers. The store has very nice working environment.
Unhappy
Customer Service Associate Lumber (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 December 2017
they expect you to do every thing even when their are not enough people to do the work

they Lie to me about job advancements

they fire good hard working people for speaking up about bad work conditions

given terrible shifts, I am working morning, mid, and closing shifts all in one week and closing one night and opening the next with only 8 hours between shifts
Pros
Cons
too many
Team work and awesome work culture
CSA (Current Employee) –  Canada19 November 2017
The work culture is awesome and company really take care of good employees. From time to time lunches and snacks are also organized. The management ensures everyone is assured that they are part of a bigger vision and above all its positive environnment.

57.8K