Lowe's Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 150 reviews matching the search See all 31,044 reviews
Good starting position to gain experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON18 February 2019
Employed as Customer Service Representative
Assisted customers by assessing their needs and suggesting appropriate products based on specialized knowledge in plumbing
Processed product returns and organized stock

Management was friendly and helpful.

The hardest part of the job was having to stay on my feet and walking for the whole 8 hour shift.
Friendly atmosphere, but the scheduling is horrible.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 February 2019
Throughout my work experience with Lowe's the staff, management, and contractors were incredibly friendly. The main problem I encountered though as the work scheduling, not the hours, the pay, or the work. Without any forewarning your scheduled workdays will change and if you do not check online everyday you wont know your work schedule.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Rapid changes in work schedule
Associates are helpful to each other, safety is a key, training is on going
Commercial Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON10 February 2019
Associates all work together to help each other making the work environment pleasant. Training is on going from safety, to each department within Lowe's. Benefits are available. Hours are flexible.
Pros
Cons
No issues
I would not recommend
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON21 January 2019
Unfortunately management makes it impossible to advance. They tend to favour individuals in their 40’s + with less education, a family and a mortgage. They are worried that young and ambitious people with a strong educational background will leave for better opportunities, so they try to avoid promoting them as much as possible. They will be overlooked for full-time work too. For young adults, there is a solid glass ceiling.

There also tends to be a lot of ‘clicks’, the job culture reminded me of high school.... ‘mean girls’ and everything. I wouldn’t recommend working here. Lowe’s is where dreams go to die...
Very friendly environment to work and job satisfaction
CUSTOMER SALES ASSOCIATE, Lowe's Home Improvement (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC15 January 2019
I loved being part of Lowe's Family. Very good management and friendly environment. Gave me job satisfaction and also developed my managerial and people skills.
Good people
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2018
At Lowe's I met and worked with a wide variety of people from all over the world. It was a pleasure working alongside them. It is unfortunate the the company does not respect its employees enough to pay them a fair wage.
team work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 December 2018
It is a fast paced home improvement store. I got chance to improve my communication skills while working in multicultural environment.
Management team was professional and understanding. This place helped me in building a positive attitude towards Canadian workforce.
Only option left
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 November 2018
Honestly i wouldnt recommend anyone to lowes if your looking for a quick job than fine but isnt stable enough for anyone they say they will give u hours but they dont it was honestly a giant waste of time what they told me and what actually happened were 2 different things they say help your coworks out if they fully need help but when you do you get yelled at for not being in your deparment
Pros
Work with good people
Cons
Friendly enviorn to be working in.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC28 November 2018
The people are very helpful and friendly. This job helps learning about new products/ how they work and also new tools. There are sufficient breaks provided in all shifts.
A place where working has always been a satisfaction
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  British Columbia27 November 2018
Being in a firm where you can accomplish tasks and learn something new everyday and to deal with customers and having them satisfied to what they require. The culture in the workplace has always turned out to be the best as the organization would understand the employees needs and fulfill that. The hardest part of the job has always been where understanding what the customer would exactly require and being pat on the back when giving them the right answer.
Pros
Good company culture
Cons
No extra hours
A good place to work as long as your hours are flexible. Lots of incentive bonuses, bbq lunches, coffee and donut days. Pot-luck lunches.
Customer Service Associate/Cash Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON22 November 2018
Working here is quite enjoyable. Overall, the management staff are very good to work with. They are very accommodating when it comes to family occurrences. Love the customers. Customers really appreciate an associate who knows their stuff and helps them complete a project for their home with confidence. Some days are busier than others, but you can always find something constructive to do on a slow day.
Pros
No commision, great bonuses for good sales, customer service and increased margins, discount for employees, auction sales for returned lowes.ca merchandise, great pot-luck lunches on all the holidays.
Cons
Shift work, so be prepared to work anywhere from 5:30am-10-30pm.
It was a job
Loader/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON16 November 2018
It was another job, you'll find small dysfunction everywhere. Lowes was no exception. Mostly good people who were helpful and decent to work with, however a few bad apples in management.
Productive & Helpful Workplace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 November 2018
-The management was very supportive
-The most enjoyable part of working at this establishment was working in productive and supportive groups of people and learning different skill sets from the individuals present
Good Summer Job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2018
It is a good job to have for the summer. Helps work on people skills and geting you more in tune with the working world. Good teacher for patience. Would recommend for a first or second job.
Job isnt good at all. Most Associates are nice but not Management
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON29 October 2018
I worked here for a couple years now. The place seems to get worse every month I was there.

Management are very sour people and not fun to get along with or friendly. No matter the associate they always blame the people underneath them and don't take any blame. Its not just the current ones, managers change all the time and they are all the same.

There was no useful training I got out of it to take to other jobs or even use working there. They are really by the book and not positively.

One of the worst things to is that there is such a high turnover rate in this store. Management would trade you for a used toilet.

I would never recommend working for Lowe's and especially at this location. Terrible terrible place.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, Terrible pay, Terrible managment
Fun workplace however managers want you working all the time and a small interaction with other employees is frowned upon
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 October 2018
This job is decent for people still in school, as the hours are flexible and they are willing to accommodate school schedule as well. Sometimes they will tell me to do so many different things all at once, which is really difficult especially if the store is busy and there are customers waiting for me to assist them. It can be stressful at times.
Pros
One hour lunch break, flexible hours
Cons
Bad environment
it's alright
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 October 2018
very busy, yet very understaffed. good summer job, a lot of hours. wouldn't recommend working during the fall/winter if looking for stable hours. demanding job.
Decent Temporary / Summer Job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON22 October 2018
Work at Lowes is interesting and meaningful depending on the department you are placed in. Some departments have more tasks to do which keep you busy or not. If you are experienced in a certain are you may be placed in an department that aligns with your knowledge, but is not necessarily.

A good job for student in the summer. Hard work and working with customers is usually fun and easy.
Pros
You can find good deals easily, customer interaction
Cons
Can become highly repetitive
Fun workplace, employees, with hard work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 October 2018
My typical day started off with me signing in and starting my shift. I would usually check my emails to see if there are any tasks that need to be attended to, but most of my work consisted of helping customers, keeping my department clean and doing what any Assistant store manager needed. I learned a lot about the products in my department, which can always be useful to share to friends and family.

My one complaint about the job is the extremely heavy burdens on your body, especially in some departments. Once I obtained my order picker licensed, trying to move products from top stock that weigh 200+ pounds and are stacked under several other 200+ pound products is no easy task, especially when sometimes the product is so large, that it can barely fit on the machine itself.

Overall I enjoyed my time at Lowe's, it was an excellent place to work at, but also with hard work, specifically when having to retrieve products for costumers that weigh more than me.
Pros
Good hours, good management, fun environment
Cons
Heavy product lifting
Lowes review summary
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 September 2018
Lowes is a large cooperation that treats their customers with respect and please their needs. A typical day at Lowes is clocking in, and walking to my proper cashier area and checking customers out and getting them, and to have a nice day. I learned that they are prioritize customers. The management is rude and unorganized as well, they do not give you notice for when they switch your shifts. The workplace is the same, most of the employees speak negatively about other employees and that is not a good work environment. The hardest part of the job was having time with school to take days off with a month notice and getting refused those days. The most enjoyable part of the working at Lowes was probably getting to know the customers that came in.
Pros
The friendly customers
Cons
The management

59.1K