Lowe's Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 31 reviews matching the search See all 31,044 reviews
It is a good place to work
part time cashier (Former Employee) –  London Ontario10 January 2019
I loved working at Lowe's as t was fun. there was a proper paid training on system and on floor. Head cashiers are always there to help the front end cashier. all the management staff is very supportive and co-operative in all the way.
Hardest time of my life without job.
cashier(Cambridge) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 November 2018
I worked in Dyna-Mig at Stratford and due to insufficient demand I have to left my job and this is the hardest time that i am facing now without a job.
I Have a keen interest in customer service or fulfill customer needs.
I like to cook food and daily I used to cook for my husband.
Wasn't a good experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ogdensburg, NY27 November 2018
Wasn't a good place to work as a cashier. If you like standing at a register for 4 yours this is the job for you. If you need more than 12 or 16 hours of work this isn't the place. Was promised over 20 hours a week, but only got 12. When I asked for more hours they said they had no more hours to give. Then they'd give more hours to somebody else who didn't want them. Had to give up the job as the 45 minute drive was costing me the whole pay check.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 September 2018
I loved working at lowes I made a lot of good friends and worked a great summer and had a lot of fun it was a great job to have for the summer I enjoyed working there
Might not get your break on time, learned a lot from more experienced staff, welcoming atmosphere especially from older co-workers.
Full-Time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 July 2018
A typical day at Lowe's can start at 6 a.m. and end at 11 p.m. So be prepared to be flexible and work shift work. Don't expect to get your break on time due to the fact that it is on a schedule and is followed by the head cashier. Only, this person can allow you to go on breaks.
If someone, phones in sick the schedule stays the same. The workplace culture is typical of any retail sales job. You, gossip about what everyone, is saying and doing. The hardest part of the job is trying to get along with everyone else. Having to learn about the different products in each department. What you are allowed to do and when you should be calling for department manager or supervisor. Also, having to clean up especially the washrooms after the store is closed. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are always busy, meeting people, you could have great staff to work with, wages a little higher than other retailers, helping people, promotion.
Pros
One hour lunch and two fifteen minutes break. Full benefits as a Part time employee.
Cons
low salary, difficulty to advance, can be demoted, fired easily, expected to meet sales target.
Garunteed hours and friendly co-workers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB23 April 2018
Working at the front end of the store included dealing with basic transactions, returns, online orders and any other type of customer service. Little to no tasks were given when there was down time.
Lots of Pretty Words
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC9 February 2018
They pull you in with promises of advancement, and the ability to grow and learn.

They stick you in your place and make you stay there until you don't have any will to try to advance anymore because they block you at every turn.

Employees run the floor because management has to deal with things completely unrelated to employee work ethic and help. Often you find them trying to clean up a mess because someone called corporate and they have to now do whatever corporate decided without any actual context as to the issue.

These customers return and make life awful for employees who can't tell them to leave, and management can't stand up to because corporate said so.

Management is overworked and I've seen every single one of them get physically or emotionally ill because of it.

When you work here your only allies are your coworkers. I loved my coworkers (management included) so much, but I watched as every single one of them began to resent management or corporate or both because they were stuck and they were told to take it.

You are told you cannot stand up for yourself, have to accept everything customers and management alike throw at you. If you don't, you have to fear what corporate decides to do to you.

They tell you there can be benefits, then refuse to let you into a position where you can have them, so you're constantly waiting for support that never comes.

Even the people in the position to have them find that the work hours are all over the place, there is no structure, and there is no communication between management and employees about how to make
  more... it better.

When there was they didn't listen, so the employees gave up.
Pros
You'll make enough money to eat bread
Cons
You'll never have a life out of work
basic job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 January 2018
decent job, can't complain. get on the managers good side and you are set. focus on working on each task and don't get stressed out. you gain some nice skills.
Pros
flexible hours if you're not full time
Cons
disorganized store
Poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stittsville, ON18 December 2017
You would serve customers at the checkout and direct people to products. The best part of the job was the flexible hours that you could work and the worst part was the management.
Pros
Pretty flexible
Lowes Lethbridge
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB8 October 2017
Bad place to work. Bad management except for the front end. Dont work here. Quit after a year of being overworked and under appreciated. Minimum wage is definitely not enough to pay for this job. The people either sucked or were the best. Sadly a lot of unfriendly unhelpful coworkers.
Pros
Sime nice people
Cons
Long late shifts
Cheerful place to work
Seasonal Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON16 August 2017
Lots of friendly co-workers, clean and neat environment, lots of training provided, emphasis on customer service and providing a happy experience for customers.
good work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON5 July 2017
it was a good place for me to work during the summer fresh out of high school. flexible hours, you still had the opportunity to have a life outside of work which was great
no stress
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC20 April 2017
no stress, short hours are given within our open availability. can't have two jobs while working here. If you are satisfied with a small income without stress then this job is for you.
Pros
no stress, friendly co workers, with benefits for part time and full time employees
Cons
short hours given in our open availability
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 April 2017
Satisfied, pay is on time and managers are great! workplace environment is okay and the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers .
Productive and fun work environment
Lowes Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON20 March 2017
It is a great job if you are a student, there is plenty of room for growth and great company culture. They provide you with a great jumping off point for a sales environment and in general it is a pretty fun team.
good job worked as a cashier for 4 months
Part time cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 October 2016
Started my position as a cashier in september 2015 and finishing around march 2016, worked as a cashier, customer service rep. My job would mostly involve cashing customers out, also cleaning up and loading furniture.
Pros
co workers
Cons
minimum wage pay
Overall Great Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stittsville, ON24 August 2016
Lowes was a great experience and the people there were great. The management itself was not very good. A typical day at work would be me showing up, signing in and positioning myself at the cash. I would stay there all day helping out customers. Our store was quite busy most of the time so we never got bored and we were never just standing around. We always had something to do.
good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON11 July 2016
great company, fantastic to work there, very supportive, flexible with schedules, the hardest part of the job would've been learning where all the merchandise was, my co workers were fantastic people, still great friends with many of them. the most enjoyable part of my job were my co workers
Not a really bad job but no consistencey
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB6 May 2016
Shift changed all the time. Short shifts of 4-6 hours each. Basically on call all the time to fill in for other people that didn't show up for work. Best part of job was dealing with customers. Learnt to process customers payments to their accounts and how to process their charge accounts.
Pros
The co-workers and customers
Cons
Having to clean the bathrooms.scrub floors, and empty garbage from staff room.
Opportunity for Growth
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 January 2016
Having 10 years of retail under my belt, I thought I knew it all. Starting my employment with Lowes I am amazed on all the opportunity this company has to offer their employees.

I am so proud to be part of a company that has potential growth and the support of management is overwhelming. My learning of their way has been a ride of thrill and I look forward to really learning how this company grow.

Thank you Lowes for making me a part of your company.

59.1K