Lowe's Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Found 47 reviews matching the search See all 30,529 reviews
A decent starting point with both store and corporate opportunities.
Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto14 November 2018
Depending on what your looking for with respect to careers, the company can be a decent starting point that offers both store and corporate opportunities.
Positive work environment, excellent training section
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 October 2018
Great team work, customer focused, performance updates, weekly promotions and customer satisfaction policies, open door policy with management and human resource..
Pay was not too bad
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2018
All employees ned to be held accountable.
Very stressful for certain positions.
Busy during the summer.
A lot of different departments to work in.
Dealing with difficult customers.
Pros
was the pay
Cons
streesful
Good Summer Job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2018
It is a good job to have for the summer. Helps work on people skills and geting you more in tune with the working world. Good teacher for patience. Would recommend for a first or second job.
Lowes Cashier
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2018
Working as a cashier can be difficult. Alot of drama and cattiness amongst the cashiers. Company itself is flexible and work around your school schedule.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Short staffed
Great Culture and fun workplace
Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto4 June 2018
Really nice place to work, a lot of people are very open and approachable, good place to learn.
-hardest part was advancing to a new position
-most enjoyable was working in the teams, everyone was supportive
-senior management lacked communication, would hope they could be a bit more clear about expectations
Mediocre, Opportunity for sales
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 July 2018
Lots of tasking, very easy to keep busy
Fast paced work environment
Big company feeling with lots of policies
Decent opportunity to improve sales skills
Challenging and Fun Workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2018
Productive and fun workplace. Everyday is different, typical day at work starts with your walk to your department, make sure you do your daily 8's, and then prioritize work load base on your daily 8's walk without sacrificing Customer Service as your priority.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Shifting
Need more challenging job with more diversified environment
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2018
Great place to work with minimum options to move up accordance with your past and present experience.

Fairness of the job equity is very slow, who you know works through the old micromanagement system.
Pros
Settle job
Family-like environment
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2018
A good place to work with great employees who treat you like family, however the job can get stressful at times. There is tons to learn and several opportunities provided for one to develop their skills.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Customer complaints to head office
Head Cashier
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2017
I was a head Cashier and was responsible for approx 8 cashiers. Dealt with customer issues.Worked in returns and customer service. also was very good at signing up customers for credit cards.
Pros
nice environment
Cons
customer complaints
Home Depot is way better than Lowe's
Kitchen Cabinets Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
Worked for 4 years, Very experience with store manager but assistant managers were supportive however terrible coverage on the floor for breaks and lunches. sometimes neighbor department colleagues go for lunch and breaks for ever and you are forced to watch 2 to 3 departments by your self leaving you stressed and frustrated. No room for advancement if you are not store manager's favourite.
Pros
ok salary
Cons
Bad management
good work enviroment
Department Manager Freight Flow/ Delivery (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2017
favourable work hours, weekends off.
work safety emphasized.
approachable management team.
teamwork and customer service engrained.
some heavy lifting.
working together to accomplish tasks assigned.
Pros
good hours
Cons
na
Welcome to High School
Peak Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2017
I've never been in such a place that reminded me so much of high school, it's honestly ridiculous. The amount of drama, and talking behind people's backs, the cliques. It's to much. I can't stand drama. This place tops it.

The only way you will move up, is if you're best friends with management, and they actually like you.
A LOT OF favouritism.

There are a lot of nice people, but I don't really trust anyone there.

When I first started as a seasonal associate, everyone was really nice, and after a year I'm regretting ever saying so.
Cons
Horrid Scheduling, Management, Favouritism
very good working environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2017
Learning opportunities in different department that is helpful for the customer support and to apply in our practical life. lots of varieties of products are available.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
less hours
Decent place to work
Area Product Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2017
My time at Lowe's was up and down. It was very dependent on the location. As far as retail goes the compensation was fair but like all retail jobs the hours are not conducive to any type of work life balance or general health.
Great Place to work
Sales Specialist - Inside Lawn and Garden (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2015
Apart from the 'lack of communication' from the management about decisions, the place is a fun place to work. The amount of self learning is incredible! People are fun to work with for most part and just like any organization, there is always politics involved but you can escape it if you focus on your own responsibilities.
I still feel the store can be better managed and the current management isnt the best I have seen in my years of working.
Pros
lots of learning opportunities about home improvement.
Cons
poorly managed scheduling
Learning at Lowes
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2014
I learned about different plants, trees, soils, and how to water properly. I learned about interlocking stones as well as how to lay them, also about sheds , outdoor power equipment, pesticides and patio furniture while working in the seasonal department Working in the lumber/ building materials department I learned about different types of lumber, concrete, shingles, downspouts, drywall and compound, studs insulation and concrete boards.
A day at work includes down-stocking, zone recovery, ensuring that all customers are being greeted and any questions they have are being answered.
Good work environment where customer focus is the lifeblood of the company
Cashier / Customer Service (Permanent) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 December 2013
I am a cashier and I like working here but I still have room to improve. My job is not secure but I hope to get a raise in my pay soon. The management is alright but you don't get along with everyone. That is life in the workplace but your try which I have been doing since I started working here. I am doing what I am told to do. I just feel that this company needs to be better organized in terms of contract and in terms of employee incentives as well as benefits to employees who have remained with the company for a long time. All and all there is room for improvement with Lowe's but it is a good company to start off with in your working life.
very worm and welcoming environment to work
Receiver stocker/inventor agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto28 April 2015
A typical work day at work mostly starts with a greeting from all employees and management asking either about your shift the previous night before or about your week end in most cases words of encouragement if offered based on your response. then its all about getting the stocked to the floor and start shorting them based on the product location then moving the product to its spot on the shelf's.
Pros
the job is very simple and you get a good work out
Cons
having difficulties with sleeping pattern change

58.9K