Lowe's Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Head Cashier
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2017
I was a head Cashier and was responsible for approx 8 cashiers. Dealt with customer issues.Worked in returns and customer service. also was very good at signing up customers for credit cards.
Pros
nice environment
Cons
customer complaints
very good working environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2017
Learning opportunities in different department that is helpful for the customer support and to apply in our practical life. lots of varieties of products are available.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
less hours
Decent place to work
Area Product Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2017
My time at Lowe's was up and down. It was very dependent on the location. As far as retail goes the compensation was fair but like all retail jobs the hours are not conducive to any type of work life balance or general health.
Great Community
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2017
Good place to work for the most part, there are room for improvements but overall a good place. The management is sometimes stifled by red tape but they try their best.
Challanging Changing Enviroment
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2017
Great place to work lots of opportunity. scheduling is flexible.Retail environment provides opportunity to work with many different people lots of diversity.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Workend wekends and nights
Home Depot is way better than Lowe's
Kitchen Cabinets Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
Worked for 4 years, Very experience with store manager but assistant managers were supportive however terrible coverage on the floor for breaks and lunches. sometimes neighbor department colleagues go for lunch and breaks for ever and you are forced to watch 2 to 3 departments by your self leaving you stressed and frustrated. No room for advancement if you are not store manager's favourite.
Pros
ok salary
Cons
Bad management
Welcome to High School
Peak Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2017
I've never been in such a place that reminded me so much of high school, it's honestly ridiculous. The amount of drama, and talking behind people's backs, the cliques. It's to much. I can't stand drama. This place tops it.

The only way you will move up, is if you're best friends with management, and they actually like you.
A LOT OF favouritism.

There are a lot of nice people, but I don't really trust anyone there.

When I first started as a seasonal associate, everyone was really nice, and after a year I'm regretting ever saying so.
Cons
Horrid Scheduling, Management, Favouritism
Great Job for me
Sales Specialist, Lumber, Receiving & Floater (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2017
I started off as a part-time unloader and quickly became full-time. I got so familiar with each department and stock items that I eventually became the stores floater (position doesn't exist)
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Laid off due to lack of sales
Great place
Front end cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
Enjoyed my time working there, learned a lot. I built confidence in my customer service communication skills. Able to work alone and do things on my own as well in a team.
not fun, lots of work but no life
Driver/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2016
good foro people without families, culture is okay, but there are definatly better places to work...........................................................
Fun people to work with
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 August 2016
Busy store especially summer.
Management is ok
Co-workers are great
Hardest part of the job is to deal with unfriendly customers
Most enjoyable part of the job is helping other people with their problems and needs
Cons
No recognition of hardwork, little chance of promotion and pay raise is very little, no benefits for peak associate
Okay workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto11 July 2016
Employees slack off and leave the work for the next person working. Closing is the worse, stay till 11pm. Management is screwed up starting with the store manager.
Fun workplace
VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCES (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2016
I really enjoy working at Lowes but right now they have been cutting hours and i am looking for another job so I can start my college as well
Pros
Amazing people, fun environment
Cons
less hours
na
Estimator & Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2016
crazy schedule, good management, a lot to learn about the department and retail environment, lot of physical work, na na na na na
Great Place with even greater people
Lumber Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2016
Working there was a great experience. I was surround by people who where always happy to assist you in anything you were unsure of. I would recommend working there to anyone.
Pros
Positive envirment, Helpful people, great location
Cons
working at Lowe's is very amazing
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2015
Lowe's is a fun place to work. they are like a big family they. and the management is very supportive. if there is any that ask me if lowes a good place to work i will say yes , because they look out for you and help you with everything that you need, to work safe and get the job done. they all just come together to make the work place a better place every day
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2015
Lowes was a great place to work. While things were not perfect and sometimes there was not enough staff, there was always a stress on work safety and what was best for the customer. Even though I worked at night I felt like I was working for the sake of the customer. I liked the variety of the job. I would punch in for my shift and then head to the receiving area to see what the unloaded merchandise looked like. Then I would hop on a forklift and help the supervisor take the product to the floor for the guys. This would last about two hours and then after the first break I would usually start my own areas which were flooring, millwork and lumber. I enjoyed the hard work and the strategizing that had to take place in order to get all the product stocked. After the lunch break we would usually have inventory duties to take care of and then taking the cardboard back and winding down for the end of the shift.
Pros
consistency and stability
Cons
at times we were limited in staff
Great Place to work
Sales Specialist - Inside Lawn and Garden (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2015
Apart from the 'lack of communication' from the management about decisions, the place is a fun place to work. The amount of self learning is incredible! People are fun to work with for most part and just like any organization, there is always politics involved but you can escape it if you focus on your own responsibilities.
I still feel the store can be better managed and the current management isnt the best I have seen in my years of working.
Pros
lots of learning opportunities about home improvement.
Cons
poorly managed scheduling
Productive, Organized, Fun
Loss Prevention and Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2015
I start off with reviewing the pervious days refunds and bill out of merchandise. I would then plan my week, I have counts that need to be done, ensure that the departments complete their counts in a timely manner. Ensure that departments are completing operational walks and that they are accurate. Follow up on shrink issues with operational, internal and external factors. I complete audits within the store. I do safety training with the store including New Hire Orientations. Help run the safety committee.
Time management is something that I have learned in order to do everything that is expected and more I need to ensure that my time is well managed and that I hit every dead line given to me.
My co-workers work in other locations, we do speak I get called with questions from others about how to do tasks etc.
The hardest part of my job is the hours. I am currently enrolled in the Part Time Paralegal program and it is hard working 17 hour days including school.
Most enjoyable part that every day there is something new and a new challenge.
Culture is a challenge
Director, Commercial Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2015
Really enjoyed what I was responsible for, the team I worked with and the clients we satisfied. The work environment was quite negative, however, and collaborative team work became a challenge.

57K