Lowe's Employee Reviews in Hamilton, ON

Found 27 reviews matching the search See all 27,795 reviews
Fun place to work and learn new skills
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 April 2018
Enjoy the people I work with. Always room to advance in the store (different department/role). Training to drive power equipment (forklift, raymond reach, order picker).
Good but Busy and tiring
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 November 2017
It was a good experience. They even do in-house forklift certificate but are most time under staffed and extremely busy. Due to which you really have to work a lot in order to manage all the customers
Worst HR dept ever
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 September 2017
The HR department is the worst I've ever seen, its like they haven't got a clue on how to do their job. If you want to be treated like a dog, this is the place for you.
Pros
Cons
Rarely work the same shift 2 days in a row
Lowes is a really fun working place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 September 2017
I love to do work at Lowes because my coworkers are really helpful and i love to interact with customers.
work environment is really cool
working for various departments is a fun job and i learned new things everyday
Pros
free lunch on festivals
Cons
less working hours
Slave labour
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 June 2017
Worked there in multiple departments. Don't expect any recognition of your work from management, or their help...they'll just walk on by you, no matter how busy your department is and no matter how angry customers are getting due to waiting. If you're on returns, they will never, ever have your back. They basically walk around the store not doing much of anything, just bossing people around and passing off customers regardless of how busy you are. Department managers are decent at least. Part timers are extremely mistreated; over worked, not offered the incentive package...expendable and indentured servitude. Expect weird hours with no consistency of any kind, early mornings, late evenings, stupidly low pay for the amount of work you do, and short staffing of departments. That being said, among some of the most miserable and defeated employees you'll ever meet, there are a few really good and fun people who work the floor. But really, you're probably better off monitoring a tire fire than working here. At one point the washroom wasn't even cleaned for days because the management didn't book any of the cleaning staff in, and God forbid they did something. I've been in cleaner washrooms on construction sites. Done my rant...basically, don't expect much if you want to work here.
Pros
A few really good people.
Cons
Everything else.
Amazing
Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 April 2017
The people are very kind, they helped out when I needed help, and they helped get the job done efficiently and on time no matter what, would recommend
Worst company to work for ever
Lumber Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 February 2017
Treat there employes verry bad, make them do 100 things at once pay them the min wage treat you less then a number, worst place to work rather pick up horse dung all day then work for this company
Pros
Learn about retail
Cons
Bs
alright
Full time night stocker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 January 2017
good place to work but the amount of heavy work is a lot. above all good people nice environment but large chance of getting hurt
good job worked as a cashier for 4 months
Part time cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 October 2016
Started my position as a cashier in september 2015 and finishing around march 2016, worked as a cashier, customer service rep. My job would mostly involve cashing customers out, also cleaning up and loading furniture.
Pros
co workers
Cons
minimum wage pay
Productive and fun place to work
night time merchandizer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 September 2016
Always lots to do new items coming into store all the time. Co-workers are great to work with everyone pitches in and helps others. Great team man ship a feeling of family !!!!! The hardest part of the job is the hours its 10pm till 7am the most enjoyable part of the job is I can get what I need for my home at a reasonable cost plus an employee discount oh and there are great health benifits too !!!!
Fast paced, interesting, and devolopmental workplace
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 February 2016
I enjoy working with people. A typical day at work is customer service, sales and doing follow ups. My Co workers and management team are supportive and informative. the hardest part of the job is that there is not enough time in the day. The day goes by way too fast.
benefits
Cons
not enough time in the day
Great customers, great staff!
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 January 2016
It's great working in an environment where you can garner a customers' trust in quality products and loyalty. Seeing familiar faces is as exciting as meeting the new people. There are slow days and there are crazy days but there is always something to do and it is always enjoyable. You definitely learn to multi-task if you didn't possess the skill already! The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my coworkers honestly. The most difficult part of any customer service based industry I think is dealing with upset customers who we are unable to satisfy for one reason or another.
All in all, Lowe's is actually a really great place to work for personal growth and development.
Great company to work for
Outdoor Centre Associate (Seasonal Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 January 2016
Loved working with the customers, and being involved in something I was highly knowledgeable about. It was also great working in the outdoors.
Pros
Working outside
Cons
The pay
Hard Work - Invisible Management
CSA (Former Employee) –  HAMILTON15 September 2015
The work was challenging. Gruelling long days and nights that required not only sales on the floor but maintenance such as washing floors, moving shelves and displays, restocking products, inventory and assisting in other departments because the store was under-staffed.
We often had only two or three people to cover from open to close. The management could not assist or would not.
Many full time and experienced employees were terminated and replaced by "peak" employees who work no more than 18 hours per week.
Pros
One hour lunch - nice to recharge
Cons
Poor scheduling, no longevity in job
Active and fun work place
Customer Service Specialist-Paint (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 August 2015
Very diverse culture, people from every walks of life. Very friendly customers. Lots of managers to run the store and they are good listeners. Hard work but its rewarding and healthy.
Easy going
Freight (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, Ontario24 March 2015
Easy going place to work in. Friendly co-workers and open minded management.
Best part of working there is the people.
The hardest part for myself is finding enough work to keep me busy for the full shift.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Not busy enough
Its not bad
Sales Specialist Plumbing (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 March 2015
Working for Lowes will become your life. Crazy Schedules but the people are fun. Pay isn't to bad but the turn around is huge.
Pros
Cons
pay
I worked with a great team.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 October 2014
I was in charge of store financials and services. Enjoyed working with my team, grew as a leader.
Pros
Positive team
Cons
Extremely long hours
Great place to work for 5 of my 6 years
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 September 2014
Initially Lowe's was a great company to work for. I was promoted quickly to the department manger role. How ever. the opportunity for further advancement went away with company restructuring and eventually my Lowe's career coming to an end when I was given a severance package that I had to take.
co-workers great but managers not on same page
Facilities Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 August 2014
Management to much like Walmart mentality Do it my way or the highway. No proper description of any jobs just made up by each different manager.
Cons
too early start hours, managers not trained the same