Lowe's Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Fun to Work
Manager Of Product Services (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 February 2018
I have worked in a management positions for over 10 years. Also I have lots of experience in client management. I am seeking an exciting new job to show my experience as well as to learn other skills and challenges.

I am hard working, conscientious, willing to learn, a team player. I strive to treat others with respect
Productive and fun workplace
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2018
Stocking new deliveries. Cleaning the workplace and making sure everything's ready when the store opens in the morning. Operating machines to put away stocks.
stylish kitchen designing with matching counter colors
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 November 2017
it was enjoyable shift time dealing with different customers demands & cultures providing best services and product knowledge supported by management.
Loved my experience
Customer Service/ Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2017
I worked here for a summer during college and it is the best I have ever been treated at a minumum-wage job. Department managers actually trust their employees, and it creates a strong environment built on mutual trust and loyalty. They also taught me how to drive a forklift, a highly transferable skill and unexpected training given my short contract.
Pros
Culture, management
Cons
Steel toed shoes are a necessary part of the uniform
Needs improvement
Customer Service/Return Desk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 September 2017
Everything was great until management lost focus on keeping staff happy and started to focus on just customers. Became a very hostile work environment.
some staff were great to work with while others sat around and did nothing with the ok of management
Sales specialist ( seasonal ) (Former Employee) –  Calgary10 August 2017
loved working in a clean environment, the job was good, management has their favorites and their is lots of gossiping between management to staff and staff to management. which was the hardest part of the job. the best part is most of the staff.
Pros
free lunch every now and again
Cons
favoritism from managemnet
Good environment for people looking to learn new things.
Lumber & building materials CSA (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 August 2017
Great place to work with good management. Only thing difficult for me was having to work shifts starting at five am or ending at eleven pm. Great management that would help with any issue.
Accommodating and rewarding
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2017
Lowes has given me many things to appreciate and i fell that from any place ive worked ive been accommodated the best here. typically i think that dally life is quite packed with eventful experiences.
Very fast pace environment with benefits
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 March 2017
- Very High Chances of growth as a growing company
- Fast pace and competitive environment
- Professional workplace
- Management needs more training though
Staff was always fun to be with
Department Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2017
The store was fun to setup and be part of that environment. The management treated you like one of them, most of the time. It was great fun how all staff felt like family.
Cons
No set schedule
Fun Work Place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2017
Inspiring, challenging, good work/family balance. Team structured. Senior Management team a pleasure to work with.
Pros
benifets
Cons
Dress code
Lowes Review
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 February 2017
Good work/life balance. Very flexible if you are in school. They teach on the job training for forklift and the order picker, Doing various jobs can be expected.
Customer Oriented Company
Plumbing Sales Pro (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2017
Every day was different and a new learning experience. Interacting with customers was both enjoyable and challenging. Co workers are the company's best asset.
terrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2017
If your planning to work at the lowes at signahill youll regret it. Bad management and hr won't respect you, ps, if you cut yourself your fired..
Pros
Cons
so baf is not even worth time reading
Fun Workplace
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 December 2016
The staff are great people, does not take long to feel like a family. The employee/manger relationship is great there is an open door policy which allows employees to contact their employer at all times.
Enjoyable work environment
Head Cashier/Sales Assciate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2016
If you like dealing with a high volume customers, sales without commission or the repetitiveness then this is a job for you. Great company if you are looking to get into retail or looking to advance your retail career. Also an excellent job for students!
Pros
Fast paced, challenging
Cons
Sporadic hours
fun place and productive
Front End -Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 October 2016
good environment to work in. good team work; understanding workers. organized management and safety first. Best place for customer service.
A dedicated, helpful Customer Service Representative with experience in the retail sectors.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2016
During my typical workday, I am responsible for overseeing my teams.I check in and help them with any issues they may be having such as helping them to learn about a product, so they can help others. I keep in touch with clients, update them on our progress and make sure they are satisfied with the promotional materials. I learned a lot about our products at Lowe's and how to communicate with other customers and co-workers.
Depend on your Manager
Lumber and Building Materials/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 August 2016
If you have a Manager who will help out and Manage properly then it could be the greatest job in the world. If not its a depressing place to work.
Friendship over work ethic
Cahsier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 August 2016
Working here is ok . But the issue is that at lowes friendship and preference is over really good hard working people. I would not recommend working for lowes in calgary.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and not getting recognize for good work

56.9K