Lowe's Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Found 61 reviews matching the search See all 30,951 reviews
Not the worst retail job you can end up in
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 January 2019
A lot of petty nonsense and drama. Managers who don't really know what they're doing, lazy coworkers who will make your day longer. This is offset by the few people you will work with who are thankfully the opposite. But ultimately it is a retail job. It is a mess. Avoid the crooked or petty Managers and otherwise keep a smile on your face with your head down if you wind up stuck working here
Pros
Typical retail work
Cons
Typical retail work
Great company
Flooring Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 December 2018
Beautiful company to work for
Great hours
Great leadership
Pow wow
team work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 December 2018
It is a fast paced home improvement store. I got chance to improve my communication skills while working in multicultural environment.
Management team was professional and understanding. This place helped me in building a positive attitude towards Canadian workforce.
Okay Job
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 October 2018
When its spring/summer, it is extremley busy and the lines are crazy. They either have not enought people on the job or too many people. During the winter, it gets really boring and slow, and youre just standing around. If your working in customer service, be prepared to be yelled at and deal with angry customers waiting for their product.
Lowe’s has no family values
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 September 2018
Not the best places to work if your trying to make a career out of it. They lie to you on a daily basis and there’s no team work. Managers arent reliable and they promise you things but at the end of the day it’s always a let down.
Pros
Paid leave
Cons
Long hours, no team work
very physical job but fun.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 August 2018
I love everything about Lowe’s except scheduling. Your availability has to be 5 am- 11 pm everyday. Lots of closing and opening at the next day, you won’t get enough rest. One day work as opening the next mid or closing. Once an while you get weekend off.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
Bad management
There’s no life balance
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 August 2018
Cons
Schedule
its a good place to work
Product Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 July 2018
the people are good and management treats you right. the salary could be better but the environment makes up for the wage. there are lots of opportunity to move forward
great place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 July 2018
friendly environment
Workplace culture is good,
sometimes management gets too hard on the employees by providing less staff.
Every Friday we have a potluck for each department.
Pros
great environment and friendly co-workers
Cons
sometimes less staff and management issues
Nice Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 July 2018
I worked here temporarily. The team are so helpful, work is not really hard. Except that your work schedule (time and day) keeps on changing every week.
Good
Electrical Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 July 2018
good place to work part-time or for students. flexible hours and frindly staff. Service is great always fluctuated with customers situations and needs.
Good
Electrical Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 June 2018
Wasn't what i expected, mean and bossy staff, no open hours or any overtime was averaging 5 hours a week by the time i quit due to lack of proper hour management.
Lots of work and hours to be had.
Customer Sales Associate / Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2018
Lots of work to be done all the time. Must be self motivated. The store management change frequently and they do not communicate very well together. Not a bad place to work, not a great one either
Management had reasonable expectations
Outside Lawn and Garden Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 April 2018
Often hard work, management had reasonable expectations of new employees, did a lot of manual labor which many didn't like but I felt it was reasonable to expect.
Good and comfortable
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary10 March 2018
Good organization work, friendly and safe. Diversified environment, very cooperative in terms of growth. Hard work along with smart work gets you recognize faster.
Love the people and customer interaction.
Sales Specialist/Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2018
This was my first retail job. I never worked for a box store before. I love working at Lowe's (and still do), the people I work with make it fun to come in every day.
After working there for 7 years, I have found that Management only sees the people beneath them as expendable and easily replaceable, whether you have experience or have been there for a long time or are brand new. There are people there that have given more than they should and are treated like they still have to earn their place, while others coast along with no repercussions not doing their job. I am sure favoritism is in nearly all stores on some level, but was disappointing to see first hand. If they feel you are too good in your department, you are moved to another because they don't want you to be too comfortable.
Benefits
Cons
Shift Work (ranging from 5:00 am to 11:00 pm)
Fun to Work
Manager Of Product Services (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 February 2018
I have worked in a management positions for over 10 years. Also I have lots of experience in client management. I am seeking an exciting new job to show my experience as well as to learn other skills and challenges.

I am hard working, conscientious, willing to learn, a team player. I strive to treat others with respect
Productive and fun workplace
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2018
Stocking new deliveries. Cleaning the workplace and making sure everything's ready when the store opens in the morning. Operating machines to put away stocks.
Started off a great place to work
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 December 2017
the staff was friendly and very easy to get along with. customers were friendly.
Management was always changing. Communication was poor between the managers.
They said when i was hired they were understanding when kids get sick but 5 years down the road the new management was not.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
Poor communication
Not a fun
Seasonal Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 December 2017
Usually started early in the morning, 6 am. Took a host and watered for 8 hours. Sometimes very hot and can not hide from the sun anywere. Lunch time 1 hour, unpaid, not reasonable.
Pros
Morning hours
Cons
Borring

59K