Lowe's Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

its a good place to work
Product Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 July 2018
the people are good and management treats you right. the salary could be better but the environment makes up for the wage. there are lots of opportunity to move forward
great place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 July 2018
friendly environment
Workplace culture is good,
sometimes management gets too hard on the employees by providing less staff.
Every Friday we have a potluck for each department.
Pros
great environment and friendly co-workers
Cons
sometimes less staff and management issues
Nice Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 July 2018
I worked here temporarily. The team are so helpful, work is not really hard. Except that your work schedule (time and day) keeps on changing every week.
Good
Electrical Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 July 2018
good place to work part-time or for students. flexible hours and frindly staff. Service is great always fluctuated with customers situations and needs.
Good
Electrical Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 June 2018
Wasn't what i expected, mean and bossy staff, no open hours or any overtime was averaging 5 hours a week by the time i quit due to lack of proper hour management.
Lots of work and hours to be had.
Customer Sales Associate / Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2018
Lots of work to be done all the time. Must be self motivated. The store management change frequently and they do not communicate very well together. Not a bad place to work, not a great one either
Management had reasonable expectations
Outside Lawn and Garden Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 April 2018
Often hard work, management had reasonable expectations of new employees, did a lot of manual labor which many didn't like but I felt it was reasonable to expect.
Good and comfortable
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary10 March 2018
Good organization work, friendly and safe. Diversified environment, very cooperative in terms of growth. Hard work along with smart work gets you recognize faster.
Love the people and customer interaction.
Sales Specialist/Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2018
This was my first retail job. I never worked for a box store before. I love working at Lowe's (and still do), the people I work with make it fun to come in every day.
After working there for 7 years, I have found that Management only sees the people beneath them as expendable and easily replaceable, whether you have experience or have been there for a long time or are brand new. There are people there that have given more than they should and are treated like they still have to earn their place, while others coast along with no repercussions not doing their job. I am sure favoritism is in nearly all stores on some level, but was disappointing to see first hand. If they feel you are too good in your department, you are moved to another because they don't want you to be too comfortable.
Benefits
Cons
Shift Work (ranging from 5:00 am to 11:00 pm)
Fun to Work
Manager Of Product Services (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 February 2018
I have worked in a management positions for over 10 years. Also I have lots of experience in client management. I am seeking an exciting new job to show my experience as well as to learn other skills and challenges.

I am hard working, conscientious, willing to learn, a team player. I strive to treat others with respect
Productive and fun workplace
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2018
Stocking new deliveries. Cleaning the workplace and making sure everything's ready when the store opens in the morning. Operating machines to put away stocks.
Started off a great place to work
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 December 2017
the staff was friendly and very easy to get along with. customers were friendly.
Management was always changing. Communication was poor between the managers.
They said when i was hired they were understanding when kids get sick but 5 years down the road the new management was not.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
Poor communication
Not a fun
Seasonal Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 December 2017
Usually started early in the morning, 6 am. Took a host and watered for 8 hours. Sometimes very hot and can not hide from the sun anywere. Lunch time 1 hour, unpaid, not reasonable.
Pros
Morning hours
Cons
Borring
stylish kitchen designing with matching counter colors
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 November 2017
it was enjoyable shift time dealing with different customers demands & cultures providing best services and product knowledge supported by management.
Loved my experience
Customer Service/ Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2017
I worked here for a summer during college and it is the best I have ever been treated at a minumum-wage job. Department managers actually trust their employees, and it creates a strong environment built on mutual trust and loyalty. They also taught me how to drive a forklift, a highly transferable skill and unexpected training given my short contract.
Pros
Culture, management
Cons
Steel toed shoes are a necessary part of the uniform
Needs improvement
Customer Service/Return Desk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 September 2017
Everything was great until management lost focus on keeping staff happy and started to focus on just customers. Became a very hostile work environment.
some staff were great to work with while others sat around and did nothing with the ok of management
Sales specialist ( seasonal ) (Former Employee) –  Calgary10 August 2017
loved working in a clean environment, the job was good, management has their favorites and their is lots of gossiping between management to staff and staff to management. which was the hardest part of the job. the best part is most of the staff.
Pros
free lunch every now and again
Cons
favoritism from managemnet
Good environment for people looking to learn new things.
Lumber & building materials CSA (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 August 2017
Great place to work with good management. Only thing difficult for me was having to work shifts starting at five am or ending at eleven pm. Great management that would help with any issue.
Accommodating and rewarding
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2017
Lowes has given me many things to appreciate and i fell that from any place ive worked ive been accommodated the best here. typically i think that dally life is quite packed with eventful experiences.
Beautiful evironment
Waterer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 April 2017
I enjoyed working as a waterer at Lowes, the most enjoyable part of the job was the early morning shift, the birds singing, the smell of the flowers, very peaceful
Pros
working independently
Cons
cut backs oon hours

58.3K